what did you like about the oz mega

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
darth trader
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched
Twitter: darthtrader77

Re: what did you like about the oz mega

Post by darth trader » 07 April 10 9:14 pm

It was the first time that I had met Any cachers and the most caches I have ever had the privledge of finding.
I also enjoyed the peace and the great out doors, the level of organization, behaviour and enthusiasm present within everyone involved.

and I also enjoyed being worken to the soothing sounds of big matt's excited voice in the twighlight hours.

thankyou for inviting us. :D

Black Bunny

Post by Black Bunny » 08 April 10 9:29 am

The Bunnies enjoyed all of it - a great big thank you to the organisers!!!!!!

I feel that the absolute BEST part was meeting other cachers, and getting to chat with them.
I think Mr Bunny would put some emphasis on the path tags part. :-)

The young lady we took with us (Candy Cane 101) had a great time, but would have liked to meet more people her age (she's 14).

mundoo
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by mundoo » 09 April 10 2:01 pm

I agree with all that has been said by the previous members.

I had some specific likes that stood out for me.

The soft plentiful toilet paper in the loos.
You have no idea how much I appreciated its quality and that it was always there when I 'went'. Thank you to the committee for this thoughtfulness.

The fireworks.
It was AWESOME. I loved that I could sit in my chair and watch it framed by the trees. Thank you Team Crackers for the best fireworks display I have ever seen. I never expected what we got.

I loved the Bushband
How great were they! And how they got people (including kids) up and dancing and the talk-thru's and the toe-tapping music.

The Daily Advertiser newspaper
Thank you to the newspaper reporter and photographer for reporting on our event and doing a great several page colour feature. Also a big thank you Ron Crouch Transport for paying for those newspapers to be on site at the event for us to have as a memento.

MtnLioness
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by MtnLioness » 13 April 10 2:47 pm

YES!!

The dunny paper!!! - A+++
Fireworks - A++++
memento Newspapers - A+++

Crisp image
350 ? I am the lizard queen
350 ? I am the lizard queen

Post by Crisp image » 13 April 10 7:02 pm

Like all th rest we enjoyed our time at the Megga Event.
What we didn't like was the Gastro we got starting with Little image #2 1 hr from Wagga (7hr trip) she was sick 7 times on the way home then we all ended up with it over the next few days.

Life is just like that at least she got it all in the bucket and not all over the 2 week old Prado.
Regards
Crisp Image

MrsMix

Post by MrsMix » 14 April 10 10:56 am

Oh you poor thing Crisp :? I can understand in a small way how you must have felt. Miss 3 who has never been carsick in her life chose the trip home from Wagga (after a meal of McDonald's chips) to be car sick. All over her, the carseat, her brothers seat, the actual backseat of the car, her colouring in, the top of the esky... You name it. The car was so jammed full of things that she had no hope of missing anything really, lol...

I agree that the Fireworks were a stand out feature along with the lovely toilet paper =D>

What I probably enjoyed the most was just sitting around with Cachers who we camped with who we have known for probably close to 6 years now. Being 'veterans' we were all happy just to sit around and chat and not go anywhere fast. We would normally catch up with these guys about once a year for a few hours at a time. So it was actually nice to spend a more extended time with them :)

MrsMix

Post by MrsMix » 14 April 10 11:03 am

On another note, I really loved how families just shared things with each other. Around our campsite the kids shared their craft and games with each other. Outside of our immediate area, we had one cacher give our kids these little lights around the bonfire. To 'pass it on', on the last night we shared a packet of sparklers at the entertainment with 2 families who we did not know. In return they were lovely enough to give our kids some of their glow sticks and we had a good conversation with the other family about caching with kids and just caching in general. Then on the Sunday, I think it was Mr Coffee? He gave one of our littles one a toy which she thought was wonderful! I really enjoyed this sharing and caring aspect of the event.

I'd also like to thank Cashman and GD who helped put up our mammoth tent. I had a migraine and was feeling blerk.... With their help, it literally took half the time and was far less stressful for us all!

If
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by If » 14 April 10 11:34 pm

Definitely the grasshoppers coating the front of the geomobile \:D/

No.... wait, maybe meeting all the other cachers who avoided the front of the geomobile =D>

Uh...er....hang on..... NO... make that the fact that the event actually happened :shock:

Kudos, Riverina cachers..... Kudos :D

The Coffee's
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by The Coffee's » 16 April 10 12:26 am

Corby the Crow and the D'dog. lol

I thought the highlight was a little girl who gave me a hug as the crow, but it was the lady who bought here little boy over when i was dressed as the dog for a big hug and a kiss that made my heart melt and made the whole effort worthwhile. The suits were hot to say the least and in the crow suit I was breathing my own air in the space inside the suit, I think i lost 5kg in sweat, but would I do it again for those two special kids YES.

The other highlights for me was:
walking around the campsite turning the sound system speakers on and off and meeting so many fantastic people.
Team Crackers, Fullonphil, Cracker Girl, Dicko, and Luke for all the work involved in delivering a spectacular fireworks show.
How great the set up and decorations were around the camp, and many many other things.