Geocachestore in Australia still in existance?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Treasurewood

Geocachestore in Australia still in existance?

Post by Treasurewood » 01 April 10 3:39 pm

Hello :)

Just thought someone here might be able to answer my question...

I ordered a starter pack from the Geocachestore (Australia) back in December and recieved my order just in time for my son's Christmas present. However, there was a twill cap on backorder that they said they would send as soon as they arrived (apparently February).

We waited until the end of Feb, and since then (over the past month) have phoned 3 times and left messages with their paging service, emailed twice, left sms messages (on the mobile number they first contacted us on to discuss the backorder), left a comment on their blog (which hasn't had a single entry since January) and I'm beginning to think that maybe the business has since closed down. Can anyone confirm?

I have a very sad little boy here who keeps checking the mail waiting for his cap :cry:

Thanks for any help or information.

oldfella
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Re: Geocachestore in Australia still in existance?

Post by oldfella » 01 April 10 8:25 pm

I also have stock on back order from them going back to December. Noticed thay are supposed to be at the OZMega event. Sent them an email three weeks ago and sill no reply. Will be interesting to se if they are a show at the event over Easter.

darth trader
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched
Twitter: darthtrader77

Post by darth trader » 01 April 10 8:37 pm

yes I am in the same boat, waiting on a backorder from christmas.

I could have ordered the stuff from germany and had it here 2 months ago!

blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 01 April 10 8:48 pm

Just to let everyone know that I had problems getting in touch with them too but DID eventually get an answer. Zoe told me they'd had trouble with emails not working. Anyway, I DID receive my stuff in the post plus an extra TB to say sorry for being so long. Hang in there and see if you can find them in Wagga.

thechops
200 or more found
200 or more found
Twitter: 101geosales

Post by thechops » 04 April 10 10:08 am

I ordered some items from them on 5th Jan, and still havent received them. They said they would be on back order for a couple of weeks, but I've now been waiting 3 months.

I can understand that they probably dont run this as a full time business, and that they are probably at the mercy of international suppliers, but really no excuse for not communicating with customers. They seem to ignore emails for weeks at a time. I got one email from Zoe back in Feb saying she'd check the eta of the items and get back to me - no response. When I eventually said I'd log a dispute with PayPal she said she'd refund - but still no refund or items. Very disappointing.

I dont think they'd be game enough to show their face at Wagga Wagga if there are cachers waiting for orders!

Where are they based? A call to the state trading standards department might be in order.

Are there any other local suppliers for trackables etc? Who does everyone use?

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 04 April 10 11:21 am

Tartansnake

Post by Tartansnake » 04 April 10 10:41 pm

thechops wrote:Are there any other local suppliers for trackables etc? Who does everyone use?
Hi Everyone,

I run my own Geocaching store based in Perth, http://www.jockaroo.au.com.
Our stock selection is small as we only sell what we physically have. This way we can ship orders as soon as possible, no need to wait for overseas shipments. We are slowly growing our stock and currently have a shipment of new items on its way.

Happy Caching,
Tartansnake

Big Matt and Shell
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 05 April 10 3:00 pm

blossom* wrote:Hang in there and see if you can find them in Wagga.
Didn't see them in Wagga, have they just disappeared off the face of the Earth? There was the happy smiley people from the Geo-What? store though....

Hoojar
5000 or more caches found

Post by Hoojar » 06 April 10 9:53 am

Same story, ordered some things before Christmas, have received some, others are on back order. No answer to calls, emails, etcetera etcetera etcetera. Like others I was hoping to meet up with them at the Mega...

Dvixen
750 or more caches found
750 or more caches found
Twitter: Dvixen, Geowhat

Post by Dvixen » 06 April 10 2:00 pm

thechops wrote:Are there any other local suppliers for trackables etc? Who does everyone use?
There's Geo-What? Geo-Stuff! (http://dvixen.com/geowhat). (Thanks for the shiny words, Big Matt and Shell!) This happy smiley person (hehe!) is tired from the Mega, and will be updating the site over the next few days with the extra stock we were able to bring in specially for the Mega.

SamWalkers
900 answers to the unknown mysteries of life
900 answers to the unknown mysteries of life

Post by SamWalkers » 07 April 10 12:44 pm

Well done Dvixen on getting a great display together for us on such short notice.
=D>

So much to buy... so little cash.
:shock:

homedg
1550 or more caches found
1550 or more caches found

Post by homedg » 07 April 10 1:26 pm

It's a shame this is the result......
They seemed to put so much effort and enthusiasm in to the business model early on.
I would really like them to respond on the forums to put the customers minds at ease, or at least let them know where they stand.

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 07 April 10 1:50 pm

The last event I saw them at Aaron was saying he was amazed at the demand the store was getting. Perhaps the demand has far exceeded their ability to meet it?
They really should try and connect with their customers though as this is creating a massive amount of bad publicity for them!!

Tartansnake, I had a look at your website when you first posted the URL here but there didn't seem to be any products that interested me. ... Nope, still nothing! "Geoaching (sic) essential" = $7.95 geocaching.com branded lanyard! :-k

Tartansnake

Post by Tartansnake » 07 April 10 4:38 pm

Hi Damo,

We are growing the store slowly as we have seen others struggle in the past year. Some have even stopped trading. We have new stock on its way from Groundspeak which should arrive by the end of next week.

If there is an item you’d like to see stocked let us know, we are always open to suggestions.

Happy Caching :)

Hoojar

Post by Hoojar » 07 April 10 5:57 pm

Chip would like to buy one of these for Ding:

http://shop.groundspeak.com/productDeta ... uctID=269#

Does anyone know if any of the local stores are stocking them? As per my previous post I am feeling a little burned by http://www.geocachestore.com.au/ and would rather send my business elsewhere in future!