Geocachestore in Australia still in existance?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
homedg
1550 or more caches found

Re: Geocachestore in Australia still in existance?

Post by homedg » 07 April 10 6:05 pm

I hope they are still operating, because the website is still up and taking orders, and payments. :shock:

listmaker
700 or more Caches found
700 or more Caches  found

Post by listmaker » 08 April 10 1:07 pm

Hope you get things sorted out. I haven't used the geocachestore before. I've long been a fan of geoswag.com. Great service, fast delivery, even though it's from the US.
Last edited by listmaker on 13 April 10 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Spindoctors

Post by The Spindoctors » 08 April 10 1:51 pm

JABs and I have heard from them. Unfortunately there was a tragic event in the family, which prevented them from going to Wagga. Best to let them comment on what is happening.

Treasurewood

Post by Treasurewood » 12 April 10 7:20 pm

Oh dear... so sad for them :( I was guessing it must be something like that. I found it so strange that they were so friendly at first and then suddenly didn't send out goods and stopped answering all forms of communication.

The last time I tried ringing them, I asked the paging service (who always answer their calls) if they knew if the business was still in operation as I kept calling and leaving messages and they weren't returning any calls, and the paging service guy said, "I am not in a position to answer that question" which kind of confirmed it for me at the time...

They still really need to get their webstore disabled if they are not sending out goods though. It must just be heaping more stress on them to still be getting new orders through the online shop when there are so many old orders still not sent out. It should only take a couple of mins to put a message on the shop front and disable the shopping cart.

solomonfamily
1700 or more caches found
1700 or more caches found

Post by solomonfamily » 12 April 10 7:30 pm

I heard from them today about something I wanted to order for the event that I ended up getting elsewhere (actually at the event itself as it turns out). I have appreciated their service on previous orders so I hope they make a come back.

SG-3
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by SG-3 » 12 April 10 7:42 pm

Treasurewood wrote:They still really need to get their webstore disabled if they are not sending out goods though. It must just be heaping more stress on them to still be getting new orders through the online shop when there are so many old orders still not sent out. It should only take a couple of mins to put a message on the shop front and disable the shopping cart.
I just checked out their home page before reading your post, and on it it reads:

Geocache Store Australia is temporarily closed due to a death in our family. For our customers who have tried to contact us, we will be attempting to respond individually to everyone this week (12th - 16th April).

For items ordered that are in stock, all orders will be posted this week. For backorders, all have been ordered and will be sent to you as soon as the stock arrives in Australia. If a refund is required we will give this option where possible.

For further updates please sign up to our newsletter and also check our announcements page, where we will be keeping everyone informed.

Wishing them well. And as a side note, I certainly received good service from them last year.

Yurt
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 06 May 10 9:11 pm

Anyone tried ordering anything lately? I note the same message is still on the website so I haven't been game to order anything.

Hoojar
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by Hoojar » 06 May 10 10:10 pm

Yurt wrote:Anyone tried ordering anything lately? I note the same message is still on the website so I haven't been game to order anything.
I've shifted to using another of the Australian Stores. I have pretty much written off my items that Geocachestore had on back order for me...

jgc3

Post by jgc3 » 08 May 10 7:13 pm

We're willing to help anyone who has not received stock from them with an excellent deal.

PM if you wish.

Cheers

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 11 May 10 6:15 pm

I need to get some ammo cans as I've got a few more caches planned past the 10th anniversary. Any ideas? The Geocachestore was pretty good for them.

blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 11 May 10 7:09 pm

Yurt wrote:I need to get some ammo cans as I've got a few more caches planned past the 10th anniversary. Any ideas? The Geocachestore was pretty good for them.
I've been ordering them from an army disposal place in Smithfield and they deliver them to my back door within 1 day. I can probably get a few more cents off by shopping around and the ones I get need some cleaning up as they're fresh from the field still. But they work perfect;y :) Anyway, if you're interested, try www.militaryandcamping.com.au or you can ring them on 9604 7388(which is what I've done)

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 11 May 10 9:06 pm

blossom* wrote:
Yurt wrote:I need to get some ammo cans as I've got a few more caches planned past the 10th anniversary. Any ideas? The Geocachestore was pretty good for them.
I've been ordering them from an army disposal place in Smithfield and they deliver them to my back door within 1 day. I can probably get a few more cents off by shopping around and the ones I get need some cleaning up as they're fresh from the field still. But they work perfect;y :) Anyway, if you're interested, try http://www.militaryandcamping.com.au or you can ring them on 9604 7388(which is what I've done)
Good stuff - I see the usual ones are about half price but if they need a clean then that might explain it. Other larger ones fill me with ideas! Pity they get a bit exy. Thanks.

pwags
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by pwags » 11 May 10 10:13 pm

And for anyone in Melbourne, I recently bought some .30 cal ammo boxes from Mitchells (also in Adelaide) for $7.95 each. Good quality (used), look almost new with a quick sand and spray of paint! See http://www.mitchellsadventure.com.au/stores.htm if you are interested.

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 04 June 10 11:37 pm

They've got this message on the website now:
In order to perform site maintenance, Geocachestore has been taken offline temporarily. We apologise for the inconvenience, and ask that you please try again later !
So it may be a long wait.

homedg

Post by homedg » 05 June 10 1:39 am

I hope that not too many people lost their hard earned $$$$$