What have you found in a cache?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
emily~angel
700 or more Caches found
700 or more Caches  found

Re: What have you found in a cache?

Post by emily~angel » 21 March 10 11:37 pm

I am really laughing now, had a day out with the family today and found a crushed coke can - complete rubbish, my husband and I just looked at each other, but our son was so excited by it, as we can put it in the can collection lol.

Another time we found a cache full off grass, and leaf litter.

The candles and crayons annoy me, they melt into such a mess.

I am glad I learnt early and now make my own swaps, nice little angels on homemade cards.....made a heap and then they stopped making the angels :(

The Britto's

Post by The Britto's » 22 March 10 10:46 am

Found the typical stuff like macca's suger packets and wet receipts, but the one on this weekend took things to a whole new level. This was not in the cache but quite close to it.

Decided to take the Mother-in-law (MIL) and geokid to do a spot of caching around the inlaws place in Nth Vic close to the border. The area we chose was quiet remote with only a dozen or so caches in a 100KM radius. Well we pull up in the car park where there is already one car and are followed in by another vehicle. The cache is located at a historical site so it does get the odd tourist.

The Britto's + MIL and another couple that were doing the tourist thing walk down the 270m track to the lookout (and the cache) when out of the corner of my eye, I noticed movement in the bush. Upon closer inspection there was a man getting alot closer to nature than I thought was possible. Of course when i told the MRS and MIL "don't look over there" they did and were greeted with the sight of a man with nothing on, his pants caught in his thongs and hopping around like mad with 6 people watching. Well he soon scurried off into the bush leaving us all laughing.

The things you see in the bush.

mundoo
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by mundoo » 22 March 10 11:49 am

The Britto's wrote: Upon closer inspection there was a man getting alot closer to nature than I thought was possible. Of course when i told the MRS and MIL "don't look over there" they did and were greeted with the sight of a man with nothing on, his pants caught in his thongs and hopping around like mad with 6 people watching. Well he soon scurried off into the bush leaving us all laughing.

You sure he wasn't a fellow geocacher thinking he would be alone out there and be able to do the GCA cache. Nude Up for a Smiley! :oops:

Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 22 March 10 10:36 pm

The Britto's wrote:
Look up this cache (GC188Y8) and read the log by ruffasguts4x4.
:shock:
It's on my list but I'm afraid to go there!

ma77hew
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by ma77hew » 22 March 10 10:56 pm

Not quite in the cache, but this was the most unusual find:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx ... 279bca1f2f

Unfortunately, it wouldn't fit in the car to take it home.

emily~angel
700 or more Caches found
700 or more Caches  found

Post by emily~angel » 28 June 10 7:05 am

Once we found a voucher for the cinemas worth $75, we thought it would have to have been used but took it home to check anyway....nope not used still had the money on there but it had expired and was useless.

So this past week when we saw someone had left movie tickets in a cache, a friend ran down to get it and sign the log, they brought it straight around to us for the laugh and to give us the tickets for pointing it out to them. Yep they were 3 used tickets so we could see what they had watched? This person has now done 6 caches so I guess we can expect some more like this sadly

J_&_J
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000016368307

Post by J_&_J » 28 June 10 9:39 am

gypsycacher wrote:... a Coopers Pale Ale label!!!! in Chinaman's View by Anja down Innes NP....
That's the same cache that I found a small amount of marijuana in a jewellery bag!

Gowza
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by Gowza » 28 June 10 10:28 am

Child related swaps appear to be in vogue this week...
A notification for a Sydney cache yesterday yielded "thought of swapping the kids for other contents, but they wouldn't fit in the box" and a log yesterday on one of my caches in North West NSW concluded with the following: "Left Baby. TFTC" :-k

Bundyrumandcoke
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 28 June 10 10:10 pm

It was brought to my attention, through owners logs, that one of my caches contained a thong, and not of the type you wear on your foot.

Cheers
Bundy

groovydoo

Post by groovydoo » 30 July 10 6:44 pm

Found an X rated type adult magazine. After getting back to car gf and I decided it wasn't appropriate so took it and left rubber ball.