Adelaide

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
hanjac

Adelaide

Post by hanjac » 09 March 10 9:06 am

I am going for a 4 day caching trip to Adelaide in a few months. Does anyone have any great tracks that they have done to maximise finds. I have heard someone found over 200 plus in a day. Is this also correct. All help would be greatly appreciated.

Hanjac
777 Finds.

setsujoku
3500 or more caches found
Twitter: BGNWP

Re: Adelaide

Post by setsujoku » 09 March 10 4:20 pm

It all depends on your method of transport, if you want quality or quantity, where you are staying, how far you are prepared to travel, if you want to go anywhere in particular, if you have solved some of the puzzles (there are a lot of puzzles here!), and what terrain rating you are prepared to go up to.

You can quite easily drive the streets all day and pick up a large number of caches, but they wont provide much entertainment and will all look the same after the first 10 or so.

Starting in the city you can chose to go in one direction an from that you can usually make a fairly efficient route that will take you to large numbers of caches, and with enough planning and preparation you can avoid ones that might not be there, or are only available at certain times of days.

Guess it all comes down to what you want to get out of it.

If you are staying in town, then let some us locals know the dates and a pub lunch or dinner can usually be organised if you have the time. =D>

hanjac

Post by hanjac » 09 March 10 7:35 pm

Staying at intercontinental and have 4 days of solid caching to get into. My wife at a conference so it is just play time for me.

Happy to do both quantity and quality. Have had a look around where I am staying and know there is plenty around there. I will have a little buzz box to zip around town in so distances wont be a problem, just some of the higher terrain rating may have to be done on foot, not quite the vehicle I have at my disposal here in Bathurst.

Wife has a conference dinner to attend on one night so always happy to get out and meet others over an ale or two.

the dates are late June so I am giving myself plenty of time to prepare and get some good tracks, solve puzzles, etc.

hanjac

setsujoku
Twitter: BGNWP

Post by setsujoku » 09 March 10 8:21 pm

hanjac wrote:solve puzzles, etc.
You needed to start solving puzzles 3 years before you knew you were coming. :-k \:D/

hanjac

Post by hanjac » 09 March 10 8:34 pm

setsujoku wrote:
hanjac wrote:solve puzzles, etc.
You needed to start solving puzzles 3 years before you knew you were coming. :-k \:D/
Just looking now. Wow not short of them at all. A couple a day will keep me busy.