Where are we all from??? (introduce yourself) parts 1&2

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Rockette62

Re: Where are we all from??? (introduce yourself) parts 1&2

Post by Rockette62 » 16 September 13 2:49 pm

I am Dawn and I used to live in the Whitsundays but now it is where ever we stop the caravan. In the last few years we have lived in Humpty Doo NT, Port Lincoln and Coffin Bay SA. Currently on Qld-NSW border. Only started gc-ing a couple of weeks ago so have missed out on a lot of opportunities to find caches. Doesn't mean we can't go back for them! 8)

Gram&Gramps

Post by Gram&Gramps » 04 October 13 10:59 pm

Hello - We are Chris and Jim, caching as Gram&Gramps since late 2003. We live in Wisconsin in the north central USA. Our daughter is currently in Perth on a short-term work assignment. We will be coming to AU in late November for a visit, spending a week in Perth and then another week in Sydney. Seeking caches will be a part of our time in both areas, hence our lurking on this site. Thanks for lots of good info about caches and AU in general, we are enjoying our planning and looking forward to heading downunder. Keep the advice coming, both about caching and other siteseeing and must-do activities. We plan to attend the 11-12-13 event in Manly ( GC4NC6B ) hope to meet many AU cachers!

cYa, Chris & Jim

WezCorp

Post by WezCorp » 07 October 13 11:26 am

Hi, I'm Nathan (aka WezCorp), from Canberra.
A friend who's blog I followed got me into geocaching initially, back in 2010 and I started geocaching then. I unfortunately stopped for a while when I swapped phones (GPS), and it took me a while to get back into it again. But I have now, and I forgot how much I love it, especially when it shows me a great new view of the world to check out, and maybe photograph one day. Photography is one of my hobbies, which ties in nicely to geocaching sometimes.
Hope to see some of you other geocachers around, and maybe one day meet some of the names I see in logs all the time :wink:

isolation
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by isolation » 09 December 13 12:52 am

Howdy all :)

John from western Sydney here... first post, total newbie.

Was eyeing off a few hand held GPS units a few months back, and one of the features mentioned Geocaching. Didn't have a clue what it was, so looked into it and here I am. I enjoy bushwalking, kayak fishing, 4wding, and on road/off road motorbiking, and the GPS was meant to help with these activities. I'm really looking forward to adding Geocaching to the list \:D/

Still don't have a GPS yet :-k

dopamel

Post by dopamel » 05 January 14 5:32 pm

Heya I'm Ash (Dopamel!) from Canberra, I moved to Australia two years ago from Sheridan Indiana USA....usually always hanging out with Shoobees (also a geocacher) who is from California USA.

Just a cacher

Post by Just a cacher » 05 January 14 10:11 pm

G'day, Ash! Hope to see you around...

gpskyp

Post by gpskyp » 27 January 14 10:47 pm

Hi all,

Ange from ctown

Total new to this. Friends years ago tried to get me into it but was time poor.

Great way to get out and about and a new way to sort out my navigation skills lmao.... Still working them out.

If you see someone walking around in circles regardless of GPS device being held, it's probably
me.

Kindly offer me some water and maybe point me in the right direction [-o<

isolation
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by isolation » 29 January 14 1:00 am

Hey there Gpskyp, welcome aboard!

Maybe you could team up with someone who has an awesome Magellan 710, that could help with your navigation problems. :wink:

gpskyp

Post by gpskyp » 29 January 14 8:13 am

Thanks for the welcome Isolation :mrgreen:

Just so happens I'm interested in male model merman that are into sperlunking lol :wink:

Bonus you have the Magellan 710 cause my pissy iphone overheats and makes me walk in circles.

Will send you the next coordinates so you can find me and bring me the water haha xxxx

ljthrilla
Twitter: lj_thrilla

Post by ljthrilla » 22 June 14 10:47 pm

Hullo everyone I'm L.J!

I'm fairly new to the Geocaching world but I'm hooked!

I'm from west of Melbourne and looking forward to learning more about geocaching, my goal is to be able to post a series of caches for people to follow and find but at the moment I'm just learning to hunt them down. :D

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 23 June 14 9:18 pm

Welcome! It is a good idea to find a few different caches of different types and difficulties when planning your first hides. That way you a good feel for what a "D3/T2.5", "Regular" and "Puzzle" etc can be. Then there is a simple rule... hide what you would like to find! :D ...and sign up for Clan Phoenix :phoenix .... that is also very important :-"

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 23 June 14 9:36 pm

Zalgariath wrote:Welcome! It is a good idea to find a few different caches of different types and difficulties when planning your first hides. That way you a good feel for what a "D3/T2.5", "Regular" and "Puzzle" etc can be. Then there is a simple rule... hide what you would like to find! :D ...and sign up for Clan Phoenix :phoenix .... that is also very important :-"
Oi! Melbourne West is Griffin territory, thanks :griffin

Where in Melbourne West? I'm near Caroline Springs if you need a helping hand or just some local advice.

ljthrilla

Post by ljthrilla » 26 June 14 7:25 pm

Oh there are clans? :o

Very interesting :-k

I've found a variety of different shaped and styled caches and even done a mystery one (was very cool too!) GC3K65H
I'm in Melton so just down the road from caughtatwork really :)

I've done some caches in Eynesbury, Werribee Gorge, Melton and Bacchus Marsh.

I agree with the idea of "hide what you'd like to find" :D

I'm only using the Geocaching app at the moment on my phone but am thinking it might be worth investing in a GPS device as I'm not too sure how to record GPS coords when planning a hide. Any thoughts?

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 27 June 14 8:33 am

ljthrilla wrote: I'm only using the Geocaching app at the moment on my phone but am thinking it might be worth investing in a GPS device as I'm not too sure how to record GPS coords when planning a hide. Any thoughts?
Have a look in the Hardware/Software threads here. Plenty of good advice (and some dubious advice too :lol:)

ljthrilla

Post by ljthrilla » 30 June 14 12:29 am

Thanks for the tip! Been having a good read over the pros and cons and will probably invest in one in the near future as my phone's GPS just spins when I go in the bush and when I move out of data range it's hard to plot my way. :D

Is it worth going "premium"? or should I hold out until I have a certain number of caches under my belt, or should I not bother at all? :-k