Where are we all from??? (introduce yourself) parts 1&2

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
TEAM LANDCRUISER

Post by TEAM LANDCRUISER » 13 January 05 3:25 pm

<b>Congrats on the 800 Muzza!

belken

Post by belken » 22 January 05 10:05 pm

Thought we would introduce ourselves since we have been playing for a couple of weeks.

We currently live in Perth although for the last 20 years we have lived in North Queensland and Sydney.

We were introduced to Geocaching when we were searching for walking tracks around Perth on the Net and Aushiker's website listed geocaching as an interest. We punched in some co-ordinates and found some close to home and away we went.

During winter we go Orienteering and Rogaining(Targetting 1500 points the next one) and we intend to end to end the Bibbulum in August/September 2005. Thus the intense bike riding and walking we do at every opportunity. Our current schedule will see us going to bed every night with sore legs for the next 8 months. Thus our pleasure at finding geocaching to break the monotony of the training.

We did follow some of the discussions in the forums about this site and the secondary and wondered how something as simple as geocaching can evoke such emotions. We will move on when it stops being fun.

Belinda and Ken

Aushiker
350 ? I am the lizard queen
350 ? I am the lizard queen
Twitter: Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 23 January 05 1:11 pm

belken wrote:We were introduced to Geocaching when we were searching for walking tracks around Perth on the Net and Aushiker's website listed geocaching as an interest. We punched in some co-ordinates and found some close to home and away we went.
Glad to be of assistance :D.
belken wrote: During winter we go Orienteering and Rogaining(Targetting 1500 points the next one) and we intend to end to end the Bibbulum in August/September 2005. Thus the intense bike riding and walking we do at every opportunity. Our current schedule will see us going to bed every night with sore legs for the next 8 months. Thus our pleasure at finding geocaching to break the monotony of the training.
Good luck on the prep for the Bubblegum. I did my End to End in 2003 and there are at least two other End to Enders hanging out on the Aushiker Yahoo! group at http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/aushiker/ , so you might want to join up for advice/sharing experiences etc.

Good luck and welcome.
Andrew

Brisey

Post by Brisey » 08 February 05 1:42 am

Hello all, I'm Brian I didn't know this existed until I met Wayne of Team Beachbums & he told me a bit about it. I live in Rockingham in West Oz, I drive a Jeep wrangler and am always on the lookout for something interesting to do. Hopefully I will bump into some of you from time to time.

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 08 February 05 8:02 pm

Brisey wrote:Hello all, I'm Brian ......... I drive a Jeep wrangler .......
Hello and welcome, but more importantly, we forgive you for your sins...... :P :wink: but as It's atlest a 4x4 (which I don't have"at the moment").....

TEAM LANDCRUISER

Post by TEAM LANDCRUISER » 08 February 05 8:58 pm

Brisey wrote:Hello all, I'm Brian I didn't know this existed until I met Wayne of Team Beachbums & he told me a bit about it. I live in Rockingham in West Oz, I drive a Jeep wrangler and am always on the lookout for something interesting to do. Hopefully I will bump into some of you from time to time.
<p>Hi Brisey,<p>Welcome from another local, we're from Port Kennedy so no doubt our paths will cross sooner or later. You don't drive the little red wrangler with front and rear lockers we saw up at Mundaring weekend before last?<p>Cheers TLC

Brisey

Post by Brisey » 12 February 05 12:36 am

You don't drive the little red wrangler with front and rear lockers we saw up at Mundaring weekend before last?
Hi Team Landcruiser,

No Mine is dark green with a hard top, the red one would probably be Ralf Wulf. He's another local, lives in Settlers hills Baldavis.

Hopefully catch up to you sometime.

Regards

Brisey

Melbguy-in-WA

Where we from ???????????

Post by Melbguy-in-WA » 18 February 05 12:59 am

:D Hi all

My name is Robert an ive just joined...... Can any one help me into this new find of mine ????? ... As im living on a farm 135 km's east of Esperance WA :wink: ... I will give you my number to help me with my new found excitement :lol:

Robert 0408 070 966
(towjobdone@hotmail.com)
(vw_baha65@hotmail.com)
P.S.. I own a Magellan Meridian gold..... Good toy :mrgreen:

elmofreak
100 or more tracks walked

Post by elmofreak » 18 February 05 4:53 pm

Hi Robert, I'm an ex-esperance girl myself, i have noted a few caches popping up in Esperance of late, mostly attributed to the Westy's in Kal. I'll be popping down to esperance over easter to visit my folks - I presume you are out around condy or so (or even further?!?! - *tries to remember distances*) I'll definately be trying to place a cache while i'm in the area - mebbe out near the duke if i make it out that way - give you a quick and easy find:D

Cheers,
ElmoF

Melbguy-in-WA

Post by Melbguy-in-WA » 19 February 05 1:55 am

:D Hi ya elmo
What i was looking to do was some one to show me on my gps how this caching works so i can start to try for my self as i never done this sort of thing before :? and was just goin to try before i buy sort of thingie (if you know what i mean) :lol: But looks like i goto go read my gps manual to see how i do this type of thing :roll: ..... Okie talk soon ....... Yer im past condy by the same amount,(Behind cape Arid nat park) an only 30km from the most beutiful beach of thomas river one way or Israelite bay the other (60 km) my fav's 8) 8) 8)

The Antipodes

Post by The Antipodes » 03 March 05 11:35 am

Hi, we're the Antipodes. We have started geocaching a few weeks ago, and we really like it. It is an easy and fun way to get to know the area as we have only moved here in November. Tanja is originally from Switzerland and Menno comes from the Netherlands. We're both computational linguists (if you want to know what that means, you're welcome to contact us).

Hope to see you while geocaching or at a meeting some day.

woosang
Twitter: Woopub

Yvonne

Post by woosang » 21 March 05 11:28 am

I am new to this concept and am mostly interested in Geobookcrossing.

I live in Picton, and was looking for ways to interest my local BC group in doing something more unusual. This seems like a fun activity (Sport) that I think most peoplewill be able to do. (Most have topomaps so should be OK)

I am 32. Any bookcrossers in Sydney that are also here please LMK and we can arrange some eatser hunts together.
:D

honeybower

Post by honeybower » 02 April 05 11:49 pm

I am Honeybower, and live in God's own country - Tasmania - (Launceston, to be exact). I escaped here from NSW (grew up at Berkshire Park, near Windsor, and moved here from Thirlmere - [all nice places, but not a patch on Tassie]) - back in 1992.

Discovered Geocaching after a cache was muggled where I work as a volunteer - Tamar Island Wetland Centre - make sure you visit when down this way. After finding my first cache, and blabbing on about it, a co-worker (at my paid local government place of employment) reminded me that I had shown him an article in a surveying magazine last year. Obviously the timing wasn't right (I didn't own a GPS), or I have early onset Alzheimers, but I had forgotten all about it. Have since discovered another co-worker - Mapkin - is also a cacher!

Anyway, l--o--n--g story FINALLY shortened . . . thanks to on-line encouragement from 'cached' I am now a devotee, and am working on a few others - esp. 'A' who has accompanied me to several caches so far :? .

Phew.

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 03 April 05 1:56 am

Gday, I'm The Bronze and I'm a cache-a-holic.

*You say* "Hi Bronze."

I thought I'd update my intro (Page 1 somewhere) cause I just read it and the only thing on it relevant is I still have two kids (now 6&7), still married (Same woman) and still cache.

I don't live in Newcastle / Lake Macquarie any more. I live where some rednecks consider a wonderland known to me as Dubbo, central New South Wales. When I arrived there were two other cachers hiding a cache and text messaging each other where the other hid it. There was only three nearby caches. Only one offical cache was active (Goonoo Confluence), one muggled and the other archived.

Once I settled into my job I challenged these other two teams, Team '80' and Geo-nads to keep up with the onslaught of caches I was prepared to put out in the many varied locations Dubbo and surrounds has to offer. Fortunate the other two managed to put a few caches out in responce but then one day I left a cache page in the photocopier which some big dumb arse found and decided to join in. He's not good for much, like mowing, operating a BBQ or painting a bathroom but give him a tuppaware container and he know how to jam it into a tree.

Now we have more caches then you can poke a AA at. We have about 10 active cache teams in Dubbo and are known as Red Ochre Caching (roc.geocaching.com.au). Thanks to the Dumb Arse we have a forum so really he's not that dumb, mostly arse! We enjoy BBQ's, Pool Parties (Thanks to team Pi), 4WD opportunities and participate in annual clean up Australia Days.

I'm not sure if Dubbo is nearing cache saturation or now but one of our newest cache teams "President and the First Lady" were looking for ACME Reclaimed and stuffed a number. While lost they found Mini Acme instead. Now that arse or talent - I don't know which.

I love Volkswagens - so much so I have one. It's not registered. I'm bust paying my HECS debt off as fast as I can. I love Geocaching. The locations, the friendships and the events. I also love very much my family. My wife is slowly warming to caching so much so she's hidden her own cache and finds Mix's so easy she dosen't even get out of the car. The Boys, Bear and Cricket like finding caches but have lost the interest of driving a 500km round trip for a Maccas toy or two each. They figure McD's is a lot closer than Galarganbone via Warrumbungles.

What else can I say. I enjoy the Forum. I think this has been the forums worst year with people leaving and a seperation somewhat but this is what life and change is all about I guess. If your new, welcome. If you not - then be sure to update your situation cause mine was a few years old it felt. It had me as "Bronze247au" and to me that was eons ago.

The Bronze.
"Did I mention the Gold Rush?"

president & 1st lady
1250 or more geocaches found
1250 or more geocaches found

Post by president & 1st lady » 03 April 05 10:06 am

Well I guess now that the Bronze has dobbed us in as being dumb arses......we'd better introduce ourselves. Normally The President and 1st Lady don't need introduction, but here goes.

We are William and Jennifer and we live in the White House (we always have and we always will) in Dubbo.

Both of us work for the Government (in the areas of young mind corruption and road toll creation).

Now, it's Bronze's fault that we now don't have a Saturday in our week. Little conversation between the Pres and Bonze at work ended up with us searching aimlessly for little boxes of treasure hidden in weird and wonderful places, but we are hooked!!!! 8)

Look forward to meeting you other cachers out and about. Geocaching, where have you been all my life? :D

1st Lady