Where are we all from??? (introduce yourself) parts 1&2

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Raven-cache

Re: Where are we all from??? (introduce yourself) parts 1&2

Post by Raven-cache » 27 April 13 7:51 pm

My name's Teresa.

I'm from Melbourne, Victoria.

Introduced to Geocahing by reading, I'm a total book nerd, but then, I'm a nature seeker as well. [:)]

Delta Response Team

Post by Delta Response Team » 05 May 13 9:39 am

I'm Tycho from Canberra. I have a few hides around the place but need to find a few more

romork

Post by romork » 06 May 13 8:28 pm

Hi,

I'm Gareth, from Ballarat.

Fairly new to geocaching, but am starting out with 2 junior geocachers.

Thinking seriously about doing some hides now we have found a few caches, and identified some prime locations not yet covered.

2lost_souls
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by 2lost_souls » 24 June 13 8:34 pm

We've had a l-o-n-g break and thought we'd reintroduce ourselves. We're Amanda & Gary, from Alice Springs (owners of the well known Travel Outback Australia website). We're a park ranger (him) and an anthropologist/archaeologist (her). We've just introduced eldest daughter (23 yrs) to caching and she loves it! If you're in Alice, look us up. We like chatting, camping, 4WDing, hiking, exploring etc. We did have a cache (Lookabout) in a very remote part of of the outback that took 4 years for the FTF - so we are a little infamous!

Cheers and feel free to get in touch.

Amanda & Gary.

captainawesome28

Post by captainawesome28 » 02 July 13 1:51 pm

Hi, I'm Khris AKA Captainawesome28. I'm really new. I started last Thursday 26/07/13, I currently have found 22 caches. I usually leave behind a rubber ducky.

Thanks
Khris :)

Cankid
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by Cankid » 02 July 13 4:46 pm

captainawesome28 wrote:Hi, I'm Khris AKA Captainawesome28. I'm really new. I started last Thursday 26/07/13, I currently have found 22 caches. I usually leave behind a rubber ducky.

Thanks
Time Traveller! :lol:

captainawesome28

Post by captainawesome28 » 02 July 13 9:18 pm

Cankid wrote:
captainawesome28 wrote:Hi, I'm Khris AKA Captainawesome28. I'm really new. I started last Thursday 26/07/13, I currently have found 22 caches. I usually leave behind a rubber ducky.

Thanks
Time Traveller! :lol:

Damnit!! I started on the 26/06/13... I wish I could time travel :)

docNwitchjy

Post by docNwitchjy » 03 July 13 1:00 am

Hi, I'm Sam, the witchjy side of docNwitchjy. We have been going for a few days around Benalla Since joining, my daughter has come to live with us and so we have a Bratlegs on the team :D

Bandit

Post by Bandit » 07 July 13 9:41 pm

Greets everyone, complete newbie here. Just starting out trail running and this looks like a fun thing to include as some possible motivation. Knock some cache's off as I'm running around huffing and puffing trying to get fit. Look forward to making my first find soon, looks like lots in and around my are ( Bendigo). Also a very avid camper/4x4 when time permits, so again, something else to do when out enjoying our terrific country. Keep the shiny side up folks, see you on the trails sometime. :)

Bandit

RogueHound

Post by RogueHound » 15 July 13 6:59 am

Gday, I'm from North Brisbane. I'm new here and to Geocaching. I'm looking to Geocache with my family.

Rachel87

Post by Rachel87 » 31 July 13 9:15 pm

Hi, I'm totally new to this whole thing. A friend was talking about it today in front of myself and my kids and after some googling here I am! We haven't gone looking for any caches yet but we are hoping to tomorrow after school. My boys, aged 7 & 5, are very excited about it all and there are quite a few close to us. We are on the south side of Brisbane :)

Any hints or tips for newbies? I have an iPhone and looked at the apps, there are a few... which ones are best? I don't want to pay for an app if a free one is better/just as good.

Just a cacher

Post by Just a cacher » 31 July 13 9:21 pm

First, welcome!

I recommend that the kids collect some of their small bits and bobs that they don't want any more, in case they find good swag in caches. The rule is: if you take something, leave something of equal or greater value. Kids LOVE this part, usually!

Try the free version of the Geocaching.com app. My husband likes Geosphere (paid one).

I suggest you start by looking for a cache that isn't too tiny - just to start with. When you look at a cache page, there is an icon with tiny boxes on it - Go for anything larger than the smallest size (micro).

The main thing is to have fun!

Wendy

Rachel87

Post by Rachel87 » 31 July 13 9:27 pm

Thanks Wendy :) We are all excited to get started tomorrow, hopefully the weather is nice as there are a few within walking distance of our house.

Stupified357

Post by Stupified357 » 09 August 13 9:44 pm

My name is Rohan.
I'm located at Ulverstone, TAS.

Signed up yesterday (8/08/13) and was accepted this morning.

Was a nice day so i went in persuit of some caches within the Ulverstone area, was unable to locate 3 of them (has been sitting for 3 years and council has cleared a fair bit of the locations)
I was able to locate one, but didn't have a pen to sign the log, but i'll return!!

I wasn't aware of geocaching until yesterday so very happy i've found a new hobby!!

Looking forward to exploring the bush and creating a few of my own caches on the bush trails i walk within the area :)

Angus88

Post by Angus88 » 14 August 13 9:06 am

Hi. My name is Lis Brown and operate as Angus88. I have been caching for only 8 months and have been using Geocaching.com. Love it and would like to extend my involvement. I am a grey nomad, living on the road full time. I am currently north west of Wagga Wagga and slowly travelling north, caching as I go. Meeting another motor homer in Bundaberg mid Sept and then travelling south again for ferry to Tassie early February.