Where are we all from??? (introduce yourself) parts 1&2

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
V&J
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Re: Where are we all from??? (introduce yourself) parts 1&2

Post by V&J » 09 November 10 3:49 pm

VJ Im from Geurie Small town In the Central West Not long been caching about 2-3 months loving it :lol: 8)

pprass
10000 or more caches found

Post by pprass » 09 November 10 9:09 pm

G'day V&J - we nearly went through Geurie last year after passing through Dubbo. There are a lot of caches around your area and we hope that you enjoy this great game. Hope that you visit the east coast sometime as well.

V&J
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by V&J » 11 November 10 5:02 pm

Hi Fellow cachers VJ stands for Victoria (me) and my partner (josh) not real into it but i mainly do the caching now.Have been caching for a few months now and enjoying it. what an awsome game.One of my friends suggested it to me . Bought a GPS and off i went :D From Geurie cerntral west 25 kms from dubbo if youre ever going past let me know =D> :mrgreen:

V&J
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by V&J » 11 November 10 5:04 pm

Hopefully east coast where abouts. The caches that are around here a good alot of new geo cachers out means population in caches. If i come down ur way will let u know :P :lol:

Nabarlek
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by Nabarlek » 12 November 10 8:30 am

Hello everyone :)

Single mum with three kids living up around Lismore, NSW. Friend from Tasmania (tasweb) first told me about geocaching and I was interested, so I picked his brain and nagged him with questions :). Then I discovered that Renroc did it too and was able to ask even more questions :) Looking forward to getting into things and taking the kids out. The kids are very excited about the whole concept and want to go to some of the earth caches.

pprass

Post by pprass » 12 November 10 11:04 pm

Nabarlek wrote:... living up around Lismore, NSW.
Another "close-by" cacher! (anything within 300kms of us is close by these days :wink:) Welcome to the game and hope that you and the kids enjoy the experience.

confusedcious
Twitter: Heatherconf

Post by confusedcious » 30 December 10 12:39 am

Hi there, I'm in Adelaide SA, just started geocaching in the last week or so.

I confess that I don't actually own a GPS just now, and can't really afford one :oops: , so I've mostly been group-geocaching which has been a lot of fun. Had some success with more urban caches and printed google maps though... due to this and friend's GPS enabled phone having no capacity to manually put in the co-ords I'm mostly limited to traditional caches for the minute. I'm having a lot of fun though!

(I hope all of this doesn't make me a bad person...)

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 30 December 10 10:31 am

There was one bloke in Perth who found several hundred (including multis, one step at a time!) before he owned a GPS... he probably thought the rest of us were cheating :lol:

hoggwash

Post by hoggwash » 07 January 11 10:41 am

Hoggwash originally from Stirling North near Port Augusta in South Australia, owner of At the Crossroads cache.
Now at Leopold out of Geelong.
Have been caching about 5-6 years and have the same Magellan Meridian Gold GPS all that time, will begin to cache now the grand kiddlies getting older (main reason for moving to Victoria - grand kids)
All the best everyone and hope to see on the road sometime

Cooper & Co
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by Cooper & Co » 07 January 11 12:16 pm

Hi there. My husband Daniel, 8 year old Ned and myself (Cheryl) started geocaching about a month ago after reading an article in our local newspaper. We purchased a Garmin Dakota 10, and haven't looked back. We recently spent a week in Bendigo and spent many hours treking into places we would never have known about if it weren't for this strange obsession!
We are Adelaideans, so now we are back in good old Adelaide (and it cools down a bit!) we'll be back out there again. :D

jellybean70

Post by jellybean70 » 07 January 11 8:52 pm

Well I'm Sarah, and I'm from Langwarrin, south of Melbourne.

I'm VERY new to this Geocaching thing, after a friend managed to get me totally hooked - so new in fact, that I only have one find so far, and I have yet to buy my own GPS, lol. I'm working on that though. It's not likely that I'll be able to get out and start finding more caches until I do.

I'm really looking forward to getting out and about, and I'm looking forward to getting my 10 year old son Thomas into it as well. I'd love to meet more Geocachers from the Frankston/Mornington Peninsula area!

:)

PirateRock
950 or more random things achieved
950 or more random things achieved

Post by PirateRock » 08 January 11 11:19 am

Hi all,

I'm Travis from Team Pirate Rock. My wife Heidi, 4 year old Alyssa (Pirate Rock herself) and baby Lorelei make up our group. We are based in Gawler in SA.

I have always had and love gadgets, and after working at a store that sold Garmin for many years, decided in April 2010 to take a Colorado 300 (the first paperless caching GPS we sold that was being discontinued) and see what this Geocaching thing was all about. I purchased the unit on the Monday as we were hooked.

Our first finds were of a local cacher called DISK, who has some great caches in our area (so a special shout out to you DISK!). We now find ourselves caching most weekends, holidays and whenever work sends me interstate.

We got our name as we explained geocaching to our daughter as a bit like finding treasure. When we asked what she would call herself, and looking at all the 'pretty' rocks she had in her hand, we had our caching name.

We tend to visit the caches in the 'country' so to speak, and love any that involve a bit of bushwalking, as long as I get to play with a gadget that's fine. We currently use a Colorado 300, a Samsung Galaxy Tab (thanks to work!) and 2 iPhones.

I have seen the NXY powertrail and will attempt that soon with 2 people I have introduced to caching as well, the parents 'Go Vans' and long time friends 'The Knippers'.

Hope you see you out there one day.

braddiv

Post by braddiv » 11 January 11 2:12 pm

Hi from Stawell, Vic.

Only started this past week, 3 finds so far
Almost 4 yo really enjoyed finding little toys in a cache,
but has trouble deciding which one to take and what to give up.

Using my Android phone, which seems to do a pretty good job (so far)
Apps c:geo, Locus and trying a few more out

Have been asked by a friend to come along to his youth group
and organise a day out geocaching, so I better get in some practice :D

louie

Post by louie » 12 January 11 9:49 pm

Hello all,
Lucas here,well i,ve been sucked in! Read an article in todays paper then did a little googling.
Turns out a few caches in a close proximity to me( 2 not even 3 minutes away!)
Went to have a go this arvo but res is flooded.will be back for another go when tracks arnt
so muddy!would like to hear from people round macedon ranges

Takusa

Post by Takusa » 13 January 11 12:56 pm

Takusa here ^^
Name's Natalia I hail from the wilderness of Lumeah in Sydney haha
18 years old and going for my first geocaching expedition later this afternoon with my boyfriend, though at the moment I don't actually own a gps I'm having to look for places with obvious hints and easy to find with a map >.<

I'd love some tips so I can get the hang of this a little quicker, but for the mean time I'll be reading the forums haha

Glad to join everyone here ^^