Where are we all from??? (introduce yourself) parts 1&2

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
astro69
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by astro69 » 06 June 07 7:57 pm

Hi .Our team is astro69 .It usually incorporates Mitcheboy005.We have been geocaching for the past 6 mths.Finds to date are around 40,our own hidden caches are around 6.We live in Blackburn Vic but travel frequently to South Gippsland and other places.We enjoy finding caches and setting caches.Hope to meet up with other caches soon.

Konie

Post by Konie » 09 July 07 11:25 pm

Hi, My name is Konie (Colin) and I've only just started this game/hobbie/addictive habit? I live on the Sunshine Coast QLD and together with my 3 kids and wife have been having fun so far. So far I've only met one other geocacher, Scrub Bull, but look forward to meeting more.

Regards

Konie

penguin
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by penguin » 28 July 07 10:24 am

Hey guys. I'm Penguiny (Jason), from Brisbane. Stumbled on to geocaching after reading about it in the lastest Outdoor Australia. I remembered that I had my great-uncle's old Garmin GPS2 gathering dust out in the garage, and decided to have a go.

Have had plenty of fun so far; and have found 6 caches, and one DNF.

I think that I now have a new hobby...

OMY130

Post by OMY130 » 28 July 07 10:48 am

Hi Penguin, <BR>Just a friendly note from those of us who cache in Brisbane. Loved your log for Matt's High Point, It's a favourite of mine too..<BR> Welcome & don't be afraid to contact so of our best cachers as we're all a good bunch<BR>... The Michels Clan - OMY130 ...

penguin
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by penguin » 29 July 07 7:43 pm

Thanks mate. Cheers for the welcome.

livandmez
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by livandmez » 30 July 07 12:00 am

Hi fellow geocachers,

We joined last month, and are hooked! I stumbled on the sport while wanting to get fit again after having our geobaby in March, I was looking at orienteering and rogaining through Google, and came across geocaching!

We are born and bred Canberrans, I am in the public service, and Mez is a nurse. We have 3 geokiddies, 11yrs, 9yrs, and 5mths.

We hope to get around to hiding our first cache soon, and we think we will be hooked on this hobby for a long time to come.

Cheers
Liv of LivandMez

Team Roorider

Where are we all from??

Post by Team Roorider » 01 August 07 12:43 am

G'day All

Keith and Penny (aka Team Roorider) we hail from Geraldton WA been caching for about 6 months and are totally addicted. We purchased a new camper trailer just the other so now have no excuse to bugger off for a caching weekend. Havent yet had the opportunity to place any caches but hopefully will resolve that soon.

Cheers for now

Knot_gillty
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by Knot_gillty » 01 August 07 9:25 pm

Welcome livandmez and Team Roorider.

If you have any questions or problems geocaching wise everyone here are a big help. Good luck with the new sport.

mundoo
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by mundoo » 12 August 07 4:46 pm

G'day,

I am new to this even though I found my first cache several years ago. (without a GPS) and one with a borrowed GPS a year after that one.

I live on Hindmarsh Island in South Australia and have realised that there is an abundant amount of caches in my local area.

I found out about geocaching through bookcrossing when it was mentioned with a book release, I was amazed that there was all this treasure sitting within my sight waiting to be found.

I hid my first cache this week and have had 2 finds already on it :D

wombles
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by wombles » 12 August 07 5:33 pm

Hello Mundoo! Great to see you here!

big dazza
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by big dazza » 12 September 07 11:44 pm

G'day, like livandmez I stumbled across Geocaching after googling orienteering while looking for a fun way to get some excersize and maybe loose some weight. The local orienteering and rogaining scene seems to be very competitive, Geocaching is just what I was looking for. I can do it at my own pace, it gets me out into the great outdoors, my kids like to tag along, it's fun and I'm hooked.
Cheers,
big dazza (AKA Darryl)
Townsville. Nth. Qld. (AKA the sunshine capital of Australia.)

stakx

STAKX

Post by stakx » 14 September 07 9:52 pm

Hi we are the stakx team..Consisting of

Sean
Tam
Anakin (10mths)
Kyara (6 yrs)
Xalia (2 1/2 yrs)

We are new to this but have just purchased an adventure camper trailer and are about to embark on a trip from Perth WA, heading up the west coast, across to Darwin, down the centre to Adelaide, across to Melbourne and then up the Great ocean road to the Gold Coast..
We are hoping to get a few caches along the way, as soon as we work out what we are doing......

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 15 September 07 11:12 am

Hey Stakx.

Let us know when your near Red Ochre (Dubbo, NSW) country so we can put out a welcoming committee for you.

Bronze.

stakx

Post by stakx » 15 September 07 2:45 pm

Thanks Bronze, we will do so..

Stakx Team

xusia
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Xusia (new geocacher)

Post by xusia » 18 September 07 1:43 am

Hi all,

We are Frank, Maria, Aurian (9 yrs) and Imogen (7 yrs)

from Dalby in SE QLD

Found 1st cache straight away in our town less than 1 km from home. This was so easy, we immediately packed a picnic lunch and headed 60km out to the Bunya Mountains, where there are numerous caches. Looked for 2 in particular, and failed to find either of them! However I am now armed with a bit more knowledge and am looking forward to the next attempt. During our searches we experienced sections of the Bunya Mountains National Park that we had never seen before (and we've been there quite a bit). We all had an absolutely amazing time and I am overjoyed to have finally discovered a pastime that both myself and my wife share an interest in (our interests are quite different). Read about geocaching in a newspaper article quite a while ago and only just got around to giving it a go. Am now thoroughly hooked.

Cheers,
Frank.