Where are we all from??? (introduce yourself) parts 1&2

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
stealth_ninja_penguin
1000 or more caches found

test

Post by stealth_ninja_penguin » 31 January 07 1:41 pm

I'm just trying to post to the forum but it doesn't seem to like me. This is a test to see if it works. If it doesn't can you let me know? hee, hee

stealth_ninja_penguin

Post by stealth_ninja_penguin » 31 January 07 1:57 pm

Oh, so there's the testing forum. :shock: At least it works.
While I'm here. I'm Stealth Ninja Penguin. I live in Adelaide and have been caching since around September last year. I'm at just over 250 finds at the moment. When does one earn their stripes? 500?
I like dawn raids. Just as the sun is getting up. The other day I had 5 done in 1.5 hours.

If
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Stripes

Post by If » 31 January 07 6:57 pm

Penguins don't have stripes :shock:
But you can earn happy feet by sending a message to stargiver. Click on the update your stars link in the Geocaching Australia Forum Index
:D

imanoone2u

Post by imanoone2u » 18 February 07 4:59 pm

Ok here goes.... brand new to this...totally lost :?: (even with my new Mio P550 Pda +GPS) and am looking for some kind person(s) :D to lead me by the hand (once should be enough) to 'show me the :arrow: ropes' or is it...'show me the cache...'(lunch is on me)

I'm keen on this however am not sure if investing $$$.$$ in a GPS is warranted when I've not been able to find anything yet... I CAN DO THAT FOR FREE...

I've tried a couple of 'easy' ones ('A walk in the park' and 'Shades of miss Havisham') which are both near my work and 'Ski Lion' and 'Paige's Picnic' near my home on the NSW Central Coast (Gods Country :lol: ) and have come up with ZIP ZERO and Ziltch... and considdering I work (???) for the RTA that is pretty sad.

So... if anyone is interrested I wouldn't mind 'tagging' along one day weekday or weekend (i'm a shift worker) around the Central Coast of NSW please PM me, leave a msg here or contact me on MSN...

many thanks in advance

kinglee

New

Post by kinglee » 18 February 07 8:38 pm

Started gc when I bought my Holux GPSlim240 Bluetooth Receiver on ebay and together with my XDAmini, I'm out finding caches starting in Victoria.

Using software like TomTom to get near places and then BeelineGPS to get to the exact spot. So far it works well with caches within 100km of Melbourne.

eufb

Post by eufb » 05 March 07 4:48 pm

Very interesting reading where everyone is from. Didn't see too many from my little patch of the bush, though.<br>
I'm Wazza and I live in Echuca. I've been caching for a few months and have had mixed results so far. :oops: A few finds and a couple of dnf's. At this stage I am responsible for one hide (which was very quickly found, thanks Romax).:o<br>
It's all about quality, not quantity. Therefore multi's are the prefered type. Unfortunately there are not too many near Echuca, so a decent drive is needed at times. I have quite a few trips to the big smoke coming up over the next few months, so I'm sure the opportunity to cache will arise many times.<br>
If any one in my area wants to talk cache, come and see me at work. (Toyworld) :)

Dingo Lady

Post by Dingo Lady » 06 March 07 7:21 pm

I am very new to geocashing. I heard about it from an American when playing internet games on pogo.com. I found the web site, and after a little hiccough am now a member. I live near Lower Plenty in the NE suburbs of Melbourne. I am retired and spend my time swimming, walking my dingoes and playing with technology. I have an old Magellan GPS and am looking to upgrade.

I love using my Magellan when travelling overseas, love walking in strange cities, and with my GPS can always find home.

Have not been out caching yet, but was reading about a cach left by John Gill, and thought I could find it with my local knowledge without a GPS. Is that allowed?

Hope to get out in the next few days, but with my GPS I will be all manual.

Knot_gillty
100 or more tracks walked

Post by Knot_gillty » 11 March 07 12:07 pm

Hi there cachers. My names Troy, and i live in a town called Trafalgar in the Gippsland region of Victoria. Started caching at the end of January and have about 20 finds. Bought GPS for fishing and camping purposes but found the "GEOCACHE" function and have been hooked. Have a GARMIN GPSmap 60CSx, after 3 upgrades in 5 weeks. My four year old daughter loves to come with me "treasure hunting" and the wife joins in too. Happy caching everyone.

The Vikings

Here are The Vikings

Post by The Vikings » 09 April 07 9:53 pm

We are Lars and Marie, Swedish by origin, but living in Australia since about five years. We live in Frenchs Forest, on Sydney's Northern Beaches. We have been into Geocaching just a couple of months, but already love it.
Last edited by The Vikings on 11 April 07 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Teliko21

Post by Teliko21 » 10 April 07 1:40 pm

Hi, my name is Tash and I have only beein into geocaching for a few weeks since getting my first GPS unit nut have been following reports of it in the news for about a year. I have just moved out to Riddells Creek from Melbourne so if there is anyone else out here who wants to meet up, just give me a holler :D

Dvixen
750 or more caches found
750 or more caches found
Twitter: Dvixen, Geowhat

Post by Dvixen » 11 April 07 5:57 am

Hi all!

I'm up in the Great White North, in Victoria, BC, after getting my start in caching in Australia. I've cached in NSW, ACT and Victoria, and hope to one day cache in the rest of the states. I left Australia mid-January with 23 finds, and I am currently sitting at 183 finds (as of this posting). It's been a great reason to get out of the house especially since I don't mind the rain here!

I'm a Graphic Artist / GIS Technician, with a bent towards Computers and Photography. I'm still learning remember to take my camera with me when I go caching - but some days, an SLR is just too heavy, so I bring the point and shoot only to discover I left it in the car on a 4 hour wander. :D

I don't actually own my own GPSr (yet) I borrow one from work. (hehe) It's one of the old old ones, and likes to fall asleep an awful lot - earning it the nickname 'the Narcoleptic GPSr'. (Which isn't always said in a nice tone of voice, especially when it goes to sleep in an open field on a clear day!)

I crossed my fingers and entered a photo (my current user icon) in the gc.com Unite for Diabetes competition, and am behind in votes by a fair margin. :( Any nominations anyone cares to pass my way would be fantastically welcome, I am very proud of my image!

rohsam
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by rohsam » 22 April 07 11:25 pm

A big hello from rohsam!

We got our gps a week ago after our first geocache experience, and we are not sorry to say we are totally hooked!

"We" are - Mr Rohan, Mrs Sam, Master Matt(7), and Miss Sarah(4)

Our home is in the Goulburn Valley, just outta Shepparton :wink: :wink:

So howdy to all and we hope to meet some of you one day!

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 22 April 07 11:41 pm

Hi.

I'm The Bronze.

I'm a cache-a-holic. Been trying to go cold turkey for near on 6 years now.

Please God. Set me free. :cry:

unbreakables
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by unbreakables » 01 May 07 9:24 pm

Greetings :D The Unbreakables here,well the alpha of the team! got introduced to this damn sport/hobbie what ever we call it by The Two Bloody Routers and got hooked, as if I diddn't have enuf to do.With trying to renovate, and various other hobbies.
Our name comes from the fact we are a little 1 eyed towards toyota 'unbreakable' hilux's owning 2 or em.
I have been a member of the RFS for 20 or so years and am fairly committed to that, holding many positions and spending what little other spare time I have doing things fire related. Tryed to combine both once and got busted by the pres & 1st lady :oops:
We live in a little Village just north of Bathurst,
I are a Mechanical/industrial refridgeration fitter & She has just moved into a new career in childcare.
I am more dedicated than she who tends to drive and utter comments like "this is the last one" we both love camping fishing and the odd glass of red or 2 or 3.
Hope to see some more of you out there 8) somewhere.
Cheers. Brett & Kath. 8)

Smelly Boot
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

Post by Smelly Boot » 27 May 07 11:53 am

Howdy, Smelly Boot (or Smelly's) here. We have been caching for just over a year now. We were introduced to caching by Mr Unbreakable himself. Lately we have bcome obsessed with the game and breaking benchmarks as we go. Up to 368 now.
I am an industrial Electrician (who used to work with Mr Unbreakable) and the other Smelly is a Nurse. This doesn't give us much time for chasing tupperware - but we do our best.
We love to take our two geopuppies with us when we go geoing and they love their drives.
Christy and Karen