Where are we all from??? (introduce yourself) parts 1&2

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
mattyrx
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Re: Where are we all from??? (introduce yourself) parts 1&2

Post by mattyrx » 29 August 21 6:15 pm

Hi Don, I’m in NSW North Coast too. We usually host events every few months where the locals get together and meet up but ever-changing NSW Health Orders have halted that for now.

I don’t use Geocube – I use a Garmin GPS mostly, but I have used an iPhone app called Cachly. You can import geocaches into the app, then use the phone as a GPS to find them. You need to create a query. This is a list of caches that are base on criteria that you select. You can specify what cache type, what location and a heap of other different options based on the type of caches you want to find. Good place to start is searching for Traditional Caches, close to home. Once you’re happy with your selection criteria, you can save the query and then export it. If you export it as a GPX file while using your phone you’ll be able to open it with Cachly, and import it into the app. From there you can use the app like you would a GPS unit.

If you need a hand or want some more specifics, drop me a line in the forum and I’ll be happy to help you out. There are some nice caches in our area.

Matt

wayn0

Post by wayn0 » 07 June 22 7:30 pm

Just to add to what mattyrx said, if you find GPX files aren’t working with Cachly then try downloading and importing your queries as ZIP files. This should work. The reason for this depends on what versions of Cachly and iOS you’re running.

SYLOADOG123

Post by SYLOADOG123 » 23 May 23 9:46 pm

Windsor in Sydney but moved up to the great place of tweed heads