Where are we all from??? (introduce yourself) parts 1&2

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
maverick
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by maverick » 18 September 07 7:39 pm

Maverick4x4 here family includes 1 wife Joanne and 1 child Natalie
We are from sunny Gosford and are a member of the Feared "Brethren of the Coast" LOL

Pesky from geomonkeys got me into this (thanks)

all ways had a love for GPSr
love the Events :D

A new name but not a new cacher

Post by Guest » 08 October 07 11:55 pm

Hi.
I have just registered myself under a new name Greywacke because I lost details of my Fem-Bear-named one. So don't be confused: I'm Jessica Vivien, married to Ian Mackereth and one half of Bear Left.

Pumbaa25

Re: Where are we all from??? (introduce yourself) parts 1&2

Post by Pumbaa25 » 15 July 09 11:45 am

G'day,

My name is Joe and I live at Seaham in the Hunter Valley.

Very new to Geocaching and any help will be gratefully received.

Hooroo for now,
Joe

MtnLioness
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by MtnLioness » 16 July 09 12:08 am

Hi all, I am lioness from the lioness & milkman team
I have been caching for years with My Father - mtbikeroz
Only recently decided to get my OWN name
My Brother is Ciril from the Yorke Peninsular
I have just set up in Adelaide having just come back from Florida and previously, Sunshine Coast, Qld.
I am based in Adelaide, near the Port temporarily.
Last edited by MtnLioness on 16 July 09 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crane2
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by crane2 » 16 July 09 2:14 am

welcome lioness- I used to live on YP, at Minlaton!

Rainbow Spirit
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by Rainbow Spirit » 16 July 09 11:18 pm

Russell here, I have been caching since June 08, I think a fellow SES member told me about Geocaching, although he had never done any himself.
I live just west of Liverpool, NSW, with the geowife (Michele) and our two geokids, Liam (10) and Acacia(7). At first they were happy to come geocaching with me, but of late its been a solo effort. I have been getting more interested in placing caches of late, hopefully some good ones! Would love to meet more cachers from out this way.
My 500th find is due this August/Sept..about 35 hidden so far....
Last edited by Rainbow Spirit on 10 August 09 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigger64
950 or more random things achieved
950 or more random things achieved

Post by Rigger64 » 17 July 09 8:49 pm

Rob i live in Seaford (Vic)
I mainly cache with the wifes dog (Hope) she loves getting out there & helping me to find cache the GLW Tracy has come out a couple of times but not that often

GR4YB34RD

Post by GR4YB34RD » 17 July 09 11:06 pm

Hi I'm GR4YB34RD and together with the "better half" we only started last month and it looks like we're hooked already. The wife got a Garmin 60CXs handheld and got a cache on our first trip out with it.
We're from Mount Gambier in the "sunny" south East of SA. We plan on using the hobby as an excuse to ride around the countryside on our maxi-scooters. Now! if it would just get a little warmer.

atreidae
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by atreidae » 09 August 09 2:51 pm

Hello. Im Atreidae, but everyone calls me James, my old man is known as grumpybasatrd
I was introduced to caching by looking through GPS applications for my phone of all places.aha

Figured Id read up on it (GC.com) and set out on my frist cache (one of happy chappies, Catch the B train GC1GC9X) after 3 hunts, each time walking straight past the GZ after a little help from Happy chappie, myself and one of the Geoson's had our first TB in hand.
hxxp://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=4 ... 02277e018e

Ive converted a few muggles (3 I think) and im still trying to convert the missus, it also turned out that one of my work colleges was a cacher when he lived in the UK but getting there. Im upto 18 finds, but Ive run for the hint too many times I think

I work at an ISP that provides satellite and wireless internet so I occasionally get out in the middle of no-where.

Unfortunatley.. I was in Strath Creek (near Victorias first GZ) a few weeks just before i discovered geocaching. oh well.

Living in Heathmont and working in Blackburn, But I've been all over the place. Geelong, Glen Waverly, Mulgrave, Patterson Lakes, Upper FTG, Scoresby, Knoxfield, Kilsyth, Frankson, Mornington, Mitcham.. I think the only place I havent lived is the Northen Suburbs.

Hunter-Finder
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by Hunter-Finder » 10 August 09 4:32 pm

Hi everyone, I'm known as Hunter-Finder and I live in North Ryde, Sydney. My real name is Tim
I've been geocaching since March 2008 and I too am a proud owner of a Magellan 315 GPS and a newly bought Garmin 60 CSX.
It's helped me with over 200 finds and only plays up in thick bush areas.
I have 9 caches out there, 5 GC and 3 GCA with more planned.
My wife got me started when she showed me an article in a local paper and now she wishes she hadn't. :D

I've converted my brother who lives in NZ when I visited him last Christmas and now his wife is interested too.
One of my work collegues and his wife have also become interested so now I may have someone else to go caching with.
Last edited by Hunter-Finder on 12 October 10 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Apty
1350 or more caches found
1350 or more caches found
Twitter: Apty

Post by Apty » 10 August 09 9:51 pm

Apty = short for Apteryx - the genus for kiwi. I'm an ex-pat kiwi living at Mosquito Hill, South Australia (I'll let you find MH as you're all geographically gifted hehe)

I work in Goolwa, but on the weekends I head north to Korunye (again you'll have to find that yourself hehe) because my 16yo daughter and 13yo son live with their mother at Willaston. My son is aussie-icon on GC but I don't know if he's actually registered many finds. My daughter is a muggle but she likes it when I invite her to help solve some of the mystery caches esp Harry Potter type ones.

I generally cache alone as I like to get out and go at my own pace. If I don't feel like a long search I'll walk away without a find, but sometimes I'll just look and look and look. I'm not overly fussy about what type I look for, but prefer to get out of the city as much as I can.

I do get annoyed when I'm looking for a micro in the scrub or similar as they can be so frustrating to find.

So far every cacher I've met on the trail or at an event has been a top person and enjoy their company.
I don't think I'll ever get as obsessed as some.

The best thing I like about caching is being taken to places I wouldn't normally go and see, or stopping at a place that I might have driven past a million times and being shown something I didn't know was there.

funkydan2
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found
Twitter: ds_says

Post by funkydan2 » 13 September 09 7:14 pm

Been really enjoying caching since about the middle of the year, when I happened to get a phone with builtin GPS (Nokia N95). Since then my wife, child, and I have enjoyed getting out most fine weekends to have a hunt around. Only 10 finds to our name as yet, but that just means that there's plenty left out there to find.

Currently living in the inner-west of Sydney whilst I study at Moore Theological College. Loving enjoying the hidden secrets of Sydney, and Brisbane (where 'home' and family is).

gmj3191
7500 or more caches found
7500 or more caches found

Post by gmj3191 » 14 September 09 10:52 am

Hi,
Not sure why I haven’t left an entry here previously.
My name is Geoff and I live in Sandringham with my wife, two uni aged kids, a dog, two turtles and 9 goldfish. In the pecking order of things, I can dominate a couple of the goldfish but that’s about all.
I got (chose) a GPS for Christmas in 2001, after discovering Geodashing on the web. After doing that for a few months as part of the EnDash! Team, I found my first cache (Sparky’s First on 16/2/2002), which was a big day. On that day, with my friend Ian (DashingDogMac), I found the last unvisited Geoconfluence in Victoria at Puckapunyal Army Base, a dashpoint, and my first cache. About a month later I hid my first cache, The Wombat Forest stash, which is still going and is the about the 35th oldest active cache in Victoria.
I haven’t been a frenetic cacher as I’ve only found 185 in the last 7.5 years, but I’ve ramped up a little lately, and after about 7 years to get my first hundred, I should reach my second hundred less than 12 months later.
I have 20 caches out there, I try to put them in interesting places and wherever possible I make them regular sized rather than smalls or micros.
I met two cachers in the field this year, which was interesting, BackPAQer and TeamDunko. I did actually attend a few work meetings with caught@work in the late nineties but I doubt he remembers me.
I will try to get to an event soon to meet a few more in person.

paegle boy
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found

Post by paegle boy » 07 October 09 6:43 am

i am from australia

The Ducks Nuts

Post by The Ducks Nuts » 23 October 09 9:54 pm

Hi all my name is Brett am new to all this and am going to wait to the Mega Event to i find my first. I am from Western Australia and have brought myself a a camper van for the trip to NSW next easter. Am looking forward to meeting everyone there.