McKee Clan GeoStreak Update

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
McKee Clan
1500 or more caches found

Re: McKee Clan GeoStreak Update

Post by McKee Clan » 16 May 10 9:14 pm

150 Days and how does it look

Cache Density:
Excludes caches which are archived or temporarily unavailable / disabled.
Within 10 km radius
There are 165 caches (15 unfound 8-[ ).

Within 20 km radius
There are 665 caches (197 unfound).

Within 30 km radius
There are 1,279 caches (573 unfound).

Within 40 km radius
There are 1,691 caches (852 unfound).

Within 50 km radius
There are 1,923 caches (1,018 unfound :-& ).

That 15 was 4 last week. Getting through the days and feeling it on some days. This is a lot harder than you think once you start it. doesn't take much to not feel like it today 8-[ .

firesafe
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by firesafe » 16 May 10 10:19 pm

The trick is to do some further away, leaving the close ones as Emergency caches for the days that you dont like getting out there. ](*,)

Handy always to have a couple of close ones up the sleeve [-o<

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 16 May 10 11:14 pm

We try to go as far as possible on the weekends when we have more time. Today our daughter had soccer at fulham so we got some in the area while there.
It is not a good idea to start a streak after you have spent the last year finding all of your close to home caches. #-o We are now building them back up for emergency days. Friday night was spent solving all the new close to home puzzles.

sushilord
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found

Post by sushilord » 16 May 10 11:21 pm

Today was my 179th day in a row.

It looks like I'm in a better position than the McKee Clan, through luck (living in a cache dense area) and planning (but with no logical intent, until now, I left a lot of caches close to home unfound).

I was also fortunate that the most of first four weeks of this streak I was overseas, or interestate.

My cache density is:
Within 10 km radius
There are 666 caches (332 unfound).
Within 20 km radius
There are 1,311 caches (690 unfound).
Within 30 km radius
There are 1,641 caches (907 unfound).
Within 40 km radius
There are 1,815 caches (1,007 unfound).
Within 50 km radius
There are 1,953 caches (1,102 unfound).
(Excludes caches which are archived or temporarily unavailable / disabled.)

I have been collecting a cache a morning in either the Grange/West Lakes or Dernancourt/Paradise areas (greater than 10km from home), most are reached by bicycle resulting in a morning commute of up to 60 kms. Unfound caches in these areas are now starting to get fairly sparse. There are some areas that I'm not prepared to go near while cycling, ie directly north of Adelaide, but I raid these areas on days when I don't cycle which is usually due to wet weather. Bring on the rain! Soon I'll have to resort to the geomobile or getting caches closer to home.

Yes, I've had a couple of days were I've felt flat and gone for an easy cache close to home or work. But fortunately these have been few and far between so far.

Besides trying to see how far I can go with continuous days of finds I have a goal of a minimum of 840 finds for the calendar year, and at least one FTF per month.

It would be nice to get a find on every day of the calendar year (continuous) which will give me 408 days straight, then it would only be a short sprint to 444 days which would be a nice time to finish, maybe, but then 500 days wouldn't to far away!

Team Wibble
2100 or more geocaches found
2100 or more geocaches found

Post by Team Wibble » 17 May 10 8:08 pm

Keep going guys! We're in awe.
We tried a bit of a geostreak once. We lasted 12 days, I think. And that was during the holidays :shock:

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 17 May 10 8:39 pm

My longest streak was the first three days caching. :oops:

Dennisc52

Post by Dennisc52 » 24 May 10 11:26 am

](*,) Keep working on those puzzles, Marty!!

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 02 June 10 10:04 pm

170 nearly at the half way 8) , oh that sounds so draining :? . It has taken a good effort to get this far and we are not even half way :roll: . With the flu :-& it was gobble up the local ones again. Must let them build up again :-$ . 2 days I get them before work (4am) and 3 days after work :-k . I feel like a bit of a night owl and swear the caches are glowing in the dark 8-[ .
Still going strong and well planned into july [-o< .
Can't wait till jamestown. It will be our first june weekend :P
Thankyou to all the support it keeps us going =D>

emily~angel
700 or more Caches found
700 or more Caches  found

Post by emily~angel » 15 June 10 1:58 pm

Tony loved going out with you on the cache hunt at Jamestown - if you need company on any of these let him know - you have our number I think :)

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 18 June 10 5:30 pm

180 DAY UPDATE \:D/

Had a ball at jamestown which was actually day 180. Even finished third equal with parrot head and emily angel. Well done to the kettles and thanks for all your help on the day. Also ermalesh on a job well done. The walking through the forest made it so much more enjoyable. For us we had one hour to go and only seven left to find when we decided we were going to do the lot. I dont think I was built to run up hills, but off I went anyway to the cheers of the family - go forest go!. Had a ball. Was suprissed by the result and apologise for all who waited for us due to getting lost on the way up. Thanks to Alex who gave us a map to ensure we would not get lost on the way home. Alex you are a champ.
Jamestown -6 degrees :| on the astra dash on monday morning and felt every bit of the cold in the tent. Brrrrrrrrr...cold
To all the organisers on the jamestown weekend, You did a fantastic job =D> , a big pat on the back =D> . We are definetly comming next year :P . Great job guys \:D/ . for our first time it was easy to flow with what was going on and enjoyed the fact that so many were willing to help and stop by for a chat 8) . To have other teams sitting in a tree even after they had stamped there own book and stamp yours for you, that is when you are around a good bunch (thanks keetles) =D> .

Now the geoStreak - tommorow we will do our 1000th traditional, 100th puzzle and 100th multi all in one day. We have choosen Zytheran's :mrgreen: for the puzzle and TiedyeSmileys :mrgreen: for the multi. As they have given us great pleasure :D or pain :-k to get them done. As for the traditional we are going to get the yellow submarine if it is there this time. Yellow submarine has been close to the most visited cache and when we manage to get there it has floated away or missing every time 8-[ . yellow submarine was to be 500 then 700 then 900 but instead it will be 1000th traditional.

The geostreak is actually getting easier :? as we are planned for the next three months :mrgreen: . I also have got back into the puzzles and most are clicking and some are close. A special thanks goes to the Wibbles as now I know how to read braille :lol: , but the aha moment has not hit there yet but I have my suspicions of what to look at next :wink: .

All fun \:D/

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 25 June 10 11:50 pm

190 Days Update

Got the 1000, 100 & 100 goal and was very satisfied. Thanks to all who have put out hides to get us there. cheers =D>

Another hide on the way :-$ this weekend keep posted for that FTF pathtag. There is one in wirabara that has not been found as yet :wink: . Thats if you are up for the drive :twisted: .

Have now stated to get in a nice rhythm and have planned for the next 24 days. The streak is actually all in the planning I have realised now. Reading logs and ensuring the cache is there and current is the key :-k . A DNF can cause a lot of headache ](*,) when time is short in the day.

Keeping keeping it going. :!:

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 28 June 10 10:26 pm

Congratulations to Sushilord for reaching 222 days in a row. Welldone and keep it going =D>

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 25 July 10 12:13 am

Have not updated for a while 8-[ , thought we would wait till we reached 222 day =D> s. A special thanks to those who have come before us :D and a how did you guys get this far :P then 222 days is a huge effort =D> and to all those who have got there and will get there in the future well done \:D/ . The planning we have done and have got in place for the next 111 days and those that are doing it now and doing it in the future we say keep going and we understand. What an effort to go this far to realise you may not even be half way [-o< .
some times we question how we got this far and we dont know how it was a lets give it a go and get to 100 then 200 then ?????? :shock: who knows and how stubburn am I is the question. :-#

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 04 August 10 11:17 am

230 days Amazing we started to do the streak when we were at 45 days and did not know it. We were trying to hit 600 caches for the port elliot event and accidently went past our goal and decided it should be 700 so in 5 days we did 100 caches to get the goal. At this point we realised that we had been going to mid december without a day off so talking to some fellow cachers we chuckled about doing the streak. What do you know here we are at 230 days and still going 8) .

I have now started on higher terrains and am trying to see if the kids can come along for the journey [-o< on some of them. My geoson has been at ove 99% of the finds during the geo streak and he is loving it still :D . Sometimes his enthusiasm keeps me going :wink: . Well done Jordan you are doing a great job =D> .

Advice for those who will come after us.
1. Enjoy it and make it fun :lol:
2. Set a goal :mrgreen: - number of days in increments i.e lets get to 100 then 200 then 1000 8-[ etc.
3. Plan 20 days ahead :| and watch the logs for DNF's :x on planned caches
4. Have a backup cache :shock: - close to home one star x one star (for when you get 3 DNF's in a day ](*,) )
5. Always plan to get two and when you have got one the job is done :idea: .

And good luck

P.S Salisbury North has not got many caches Hint! Hint! :wink: :wink:

Big Matt and Shell
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 04 August 10 2:17 pm

Thats a big effort well done