McKee Clan GeoStreak Update

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
emily~angel
700 or more Caches found
700 or more Caches  found

Re: McKee Clan GeoStreak Update

Post by emily~angel » 23 October 10 12:48 am

Seeing what you are going through and where you have been, you ask me where you should go - without hesitation I say the loony bin :)

Keep up the work :)

McKee Clan
1500 or more caches found

Post by McKee Clan » 27 October 10 7:57 pm

8 Days without a log has Sushilord actually finished and was just shy of 333 days and my congrats was then a bit too early. I now ask is he okay?. With the injuries local geocachers have recieved lately, I hope he is okay. It would be a shame if he has stopped as I know the effort it takes. :-k

firesafe
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by firesafe » 27 October 10 8:01 pm

McKee Clan wrote:8 Days without a log has Sushilord actually finished and was just shy of 333 days and my congrats was then a bit too early. I now ask is he okay?. With the injuries local geocachers have recieved lately, I hope he is okay. It would be a shame if he has stopped as I know the effort it takes. :-k
He was heading to Victoria on a pushbike ride and said that he would probably not be able to log while over there - look out for a stream of logs when he returns :)

sushilord
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found

Post by sushilord » 28 October 10 10:06 pm

I'm back and still going strong. Now up to day 344. I am having problems with a log for the cache (Shepherds Hill CITO) visited on October 9, hopefully all fixed now.

November 18th will be 365 days straight, can't wait - I'm hoping that I'll get find 3,000 that day, a number of slow days in Victoria have made that target a bit more difficult to reach, but there are ways and means.

I'm a bit like the McKees and haven't decided when to finish. December 31 sounds good - a full calendar year (that will be day 408), then 444 sounds better and it's just around the corner, but, hey that's close to 450, which is nearly 500 ... almost 555 ... umm 600 ... err 666? I've got into a routine now and caching daily has become part of the norm and this is something that you will only get to do once in your life.

I've still got 320 odd unfound caches within 10km of home, 100 of which are unsolved puzzles, and another 350 odd between 10 and 20km from home and 100 of these are unsolved puzzles.

Currently there are only 7 days of the year that I haven't cached and they will soon be taken care of. My days cached is at 51% and climbing.

Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 29 October 10 9:03 am

sushilord wrote:
I've still got 320 odd unfound caches within 10km of home, 100 of which are unsolved puzzles,
Wow! That many that close to home! Shows what the density must be like or that you cache further from home than most. We've got zero GC caches within 10km and we're in northern Sydney. Mind you we wouldn't have 100 puzzle caches in Sydney would we?

At least it gives you a good chance to keep going for a while. When your nearest unfound is about a 15km drive it would get hard to do it every day unless your job takes you on the road.

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 29 October 10 1:57 pm

Yurt that is where I am I have less than 10 within 10km and 7 of which are 4 and 5 star puzzles :roll: . It is always nice to see a new one pop up that is local as it does become a routine to get them it is just the time that varies. We have days of the week where we go in certain directions to try and keep the locals, but at two tanks of fuel per week it is getting interesting 8-[ .

So glad you are all okay sushilord I was a bit worried. I can't wait till you hit 365 and congratulate you :D . Well done keep it going =D> .

P.S I had a nasty slip :oops: at work today and now have a pulled muscle :cry: , my left calf :cry: . No bush walks for a couple weeks :( to let it heal. Drive by's for me :| .

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 29 October 10 2:00 pm

Cache Density:
Excludes caches which are archived or temporarily unavailable / disabled.
Within 10 km radius
There are 176 caches (9 unfound: 5.11%)

Within 20 km radius
There are 715 caches (155 unfound: 21.68%)

Within 30 km radius
There are 1,396 caches (560 unfound: 40.11%)

Within 40 km radius
There are 1,864 caches (870 unfound: 46.67%)

Within 50 km radius
There are 2,155 caches (1,077 unfound: 49.98%)

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 06 November 10 12:00 am

325 Days to change the number sequence.

Torn Calf muscle :-&
14 hour days ](*,)
trip to queensland to plan #-o
Caches to find 8)
It's all fun at the moment :^o

gnome ready :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 05 December 10 9:23 pm

What a journey to queensland

So close to loosing the streak, we hit a floodway thigh deep with water and seized the engine. We were towed back into claremont which we had three DNF's the night before and all other local caches we completed on way to mackay before we flooded the tarago. After a 6 hour search we found only one of the caches that was so well hidden. Then when we finally got to hamilton island we got a DNF on day two and I had to walk 3.5 km one way to a terrain 4.5 star and cut my leg open as I slid down a rock face. This point I realised that the streak will endanger your life if you are in a situation of no choice. Not a smart place to be with no phone coverage and you are by yourself.

With hamilton Island in mind I have made a decision to finish the streak at 365 days. We have more than 40 caches local to us now but the Hamilton Island experience has helped me make the decision of when to stop. The completion date is Tuesday december 14th.
All things must come to an end and it will be on my terms for this one.

I am actually looking forward to multiple finds, DNF's that don't matter and days off to build up areas to cache on the weekends.

Thankyou to all for your support and encouragment.

honeysucker
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Post by honeysucker » 05 December 10 11:22 pm

Good on you Marty and the Clan Well Done in the GeoStreak my hat goes off to you as i could never do it.

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 07 December 10 12:13 am

Amzazing effort guys... and on the 14th I'll only be 161 days behind :) haha Be careful getting to your chosen end! =D>

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 12 December 10 8:45 pm

We have listed an event for the completion date of the streak. check out GC2K94F listing as it will be a sausage sizzle at carrisbrook park at salisbury park. If you can make it then that would be grab.

For all those who have followed this forum and supported us along the way and the such short notice we have decided that you can log attendance to the event as you have been there as the streak has gone on. The event will be archieved in a week. GA2981 a virtual for our forum.

What an effort it has been, a good challange for anyone!

Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 12 December 10 9:07 pm

What are the dates? Neither of the codes are active yet...

emily~angel
700 or more Caches found
700 or more Caches  found

Post by emily~angel » 12 December 10 11:11 pm

We will be at your event Marty :-) what an achievement!!

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 13 December 10 9:26 am

we cant publish the event as there was not enough notice.