McKee Clan GeoStreak Update

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
firesafe
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Re: McKee Clan GeoStreak Update

Post by firesafe » 04 August 10 9:33 pm

Looks like my 333 days is going to get a shake on 2 fronts - keep it going guys =D>

Also according to my map there are plenty of caches around Salisbury North :lol:

McKee Clan
1500 or more caches found

Post by McKee Clan » 04 August 10 9:57 pm

Also according to my map there are plenty of caches around Salisbury North
on my map they are all smileys :D and two are ours.

emily~angel
700 or more Caches found
700 or more Caches  found

Post by emily~angel » 04 August 10 10:01 pm

I have to admit Jordan is doing great :) as are all of you. We won't be following in your footsteps, we are finding it hard now finding caches we can get during kindy hours. Well done and keep up the good work!

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 01 September 10 8:14 am

260 Days
All going well with a sprout of local caches to keep the miles down this week. Puzzles are fun then you realise terrain 4.5. I was wet this week to get a cache and dizzy at a great height, the fun of tracking them down.
Having fun just and I think we are mad. The renovation is nearly finished and the start of my business is really creating a challange. But we are still going on. Firsafe I really admire your achievement =D> .

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 01 September 10 10:28 pm

Well done guys! I accidently hit a 100 day Geostreak today :D (ok there were 2 days where I forced myself to go out to get one to keep it going) Unfortunately with a bout of shoulder surgury coming up and not being able to drive I wont be able to maintain it. Shame, Im heading over to the UK in January... thousands of easy finds everywhere! hahaha

calumphing_four
1600 or more caches found
1600 or more caches found

Post by calumphing_four » 05 September 10 9:22 pm

This weekend must've been fun for the geostreak, with the amount of rain we've had - or have you managed a couple of Park'n'Grabs to stay dry :?:

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 05 September 10 10:14 pm

calumphing_four
Only one each day and a DNF to go with it. Wet saturday after 30min at a dnf ](*,) then a two second find at time ball at semaphore :lol: . Then today a drive to west lakes pond for a cache that seemed easy that is close to the parking spot :mrgreen: and I did it in a t-shirt #-o , a nice easy grab. But wet windy and misserabe non the less. days like this are harder to do :evil: . 50mm rain my biggest fear was washed away caches 8-[ .

Zalgariath
congrats on the 100 days in a row =D> its is fun to get there when you are determined. 200 days is a challange, 300 is a stretch and 400 is an unknown. Well done on your 100 days having been there well done on the effort it took to get there. I was reading about a US cacher who just clocked over 1000 days in a row :shock: .

we still have many days till our goal so rain, hail or shine we will get there. :mrgreen:

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 05 September 10 10:21 pm

Within 10 km radius
There are 175 caches (9 unfound).

Within 20 km radius
There are 708 caches (156 unfound).

Within 30 km radius
There are 1,368 caches (553 unfound).

Within 40 km radius
There are 1,830 caches (856 unfound).

Within 50 km radius
There are 2,100 caches (1,044 unfound).

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 22 September 10 11:50 pm

280 Days now....

still going........... going............. going and going it just never stops........

Can't wait to race for a FTF or get more than one in a day. I miss that!
Mind you a Zee Treasure map FTF was great and a wet bum to go with it.

Also found out that if you submit log from Iphone and not submit a field note it will put the correct date on GC.com but when you download the GPX it is out of sync with the dates. I hope it is just a small issue fixed soon as I had to edit 10 logs to make the date save properly and is fixed now. Just does not look right, but technology got to love it. Isn't it amazing the details that need to be covered while on a streak.

Sushilord congrats on the 300 day milestone =D> 33 days next keep it going :wink:

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 01 October 10 11:40 pm

290 Days and all is well, this week it was travel into the city each night and so much fun that is. There is some wierd and wonderful creatures in those side ally's, but it was decided to make the streak more interesting.
Loved the night caches and the teams we met. Great to meet a few and swap stories and laughs. Thankyou so much for encouragment.

It is harder closer to 300 and the miles and planning is well in hand. can't wait till our event and Sushilord is so much closer. So soon for a new target to be set. Keep going strong sushilord.

Also great job M_family you have done so well as well and need to be mentioned for your efforts. good job and keep it going strong.

Well done to all and thankyou to all who have ever put a cache out.

Forgot to say well done to maccamob for 10000 caches it was a privledge to have you at our event recently and a huge welldone from us. fair effort to get there no doubt. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 02 October 10 12:17 pm

Awesome Job McKee's! I pulled off a minor miracle by finding a cache the morning of my surgury... then another Id been saving close to home jst after getting discharged the next day hehehe. Now it's a month of no car, weekly train tickets, and commuting into Sydney daily to find ONE cache :) If all goes well I should JUST have enough left in town to get me through until I can drive again. Can't wait for your 300! Should I give sushilord some bad raw fish and keep him home for a day? hehehe

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 02 October 10 10:50 pm

Raw fish yum!

Keep going

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 17 October 10 10:51 pm

300 Days
OMG we have got this far who would have never thought. I even got a bonus by being murdered on day 300 at a flipper and co event. I had a ball and was great to catch up with many of our mates.

The question we have at the moment is when you stop do you ever start again? as we have a goal set but we look it as this is the one and only streak we will do so how long would you go for? :?:

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Congratulations Sushilord on 333 days well done. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Well done to OZLurker and Mfamily on your efforts well done. It is great to see a couple of others who know what it is like to go out each day and keep the streak. Would love to meet all of you one day so hope to see you at an event.

There is many more on the streak so keep it going

Princess Consuela

Post by Princess Consuela » 18 October 10 10:56 am

WOW! 8)
300 days! Thats incredible!
I tried to do a small streak in the holidays (caching everyday) but its too hard when you can't drive #-o
I hope you guys keep going! Getting to a year would be awesome!

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 22 October 10 3:07 pm

310 Days

Still going and can't wait for 333 days as it was our second goal we wanted to do. then our third goal is 365 days.

we actually leave for our holiday to queensland on the 333 days mark. plenty of caches up there so for two weeks plenty to choose from and hopefully many will be put out while we are gone. does not matter actually as the trek to keep the streak has become such a normal proccess that the distance required to get one per day is just normal, sounds weird but to travel 1 1/2 hours round trip to get a cache per day just seems normal now. great to get local caches but the trip out each afternoon after work is actually fun. I just can't wait to put out my hides as I don't have the time after getting a cache for the streak.

I was asked today "when will you stop"
I replied "when I am done"
Asked -" so when are you done "
I replied "I don't know, but when I get there I will know and so will the forum" :-k

The reason is that when you stop you are done.........

I look it as 365 days sounds good then 1000 days sounds better and maybe 10000 days is just off this planet. Where do you think we should go to?

365, 444, 500, 555, 666, 777, 888, 999, 1000, 1111 or another.