Documentary About Geocaching

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
oppolot

Documentary About Geocaching

Post by oppolot » 29 January 10 12:35 am

Hello everyone,

Just a fellow geocacher here and it also happens that I am a film maker, I have just finished a short documentary about Geocaching and Cache In Trash Out.

If you happen to be interested the documentary is called "Trash Out Fan Page Link" and it has a fan page on Facebook.

Here is a link to the movie for all the people that do not have a Facebook account "Trash Out Movie Link"

Enjoy,

*Edit added the link to the movie for non Facebook users
Last edited by oppolot on 02 February 10 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

SecretSquirrel-BJC
2700 or more caches found
2700 or more caches found

Re: Documentary About Geocaching

Post by SecretSquirrel-BJC » 29 January 10 7:14 am

=D> =D> =D>

the farmers 5
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found
Location: Wagga Wagga,Riverina,NSW. Home of Australia's ......OZ MEGA WAGGA WAGGA..

Post by the farmers 5 » 29 January 10 7:21 am

What a good piece of work and a truthful look of exactly what Geocaching is all about. =D>

Walking on trails, people enjoying themselves, rubbish collection and much more.
Well done to the the WA teams on a good 5 minute story .A good story to show the "Parks Departments " around Australia. :D :D

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 29 January 10 8:38 am

Nice work! That's a well made little documentary.
I liked the casual activity in the background of the speaking shots. The little boy almost takes his mother's eye out with a stick!
Only criticism is I feel the 'computer' effect on the voice-over at the beginning didn't add anything and a more natural voice would be easier to understand.

Well done! =D>

kennythe1st

Post by kennythe1st » 29 January 10 9:04 am

Nice timing. Just tidying up draft proposal that links geocaching into a new long distance multiuse track here in VIC. While most of the track management group have heard of geocaching, many have misunderstandings about it (e.g. digging holes, GPSr-less treasure hunt ...). So will link to this documentary in the final version especially as it covers very well the environmentally positive aspects of geocaching and the aspect of people getting out into the bush who might otherwise not have done so.

I suspect you might like to correct spelling of 'dollar' in Facebook page quote. Was wondering why the intro was so toneless but didn't pick it as simulated computer generated speech until I read Damo's response.

Any chance of getting it on YouTube or similar? When I clicked on the main video link it told me I had to be a member so was just about to exit when I thought I would try the link at lower left.

A very thoughtful and useful video. Thanks. =D>

tronador
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Post by tronador » 29 January 10 9:36 pm

Really enjoyed it. Great work

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 29 January 10 10:09 pm

Yay, the correct pronunciation of the geocache :-)

GammaPiSigma
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by GammaPiSigma » 29 January 10 11:09 pm

kennythe1st wrote:Any chance of getting it on YouTube or similar? When I clicked on the main video link it told me I had to be a member so was just about to exit when I thought I would try the link at lower left.
Yes, a copy on youtube would be nice as Facebook didn't like the version of flash I am running on 64 bit Ubuntu so I haven't been able to watch it yet and youtube would open the film up to a much wider audience. :D I will upgrade my version of flash in the future but as facebook (of which I am not a member) is the only place I have had trouble so far upgrading can wait. :)

oppolot

Post by oppolot » 30 January 10 4:00 pm

For all of those that happen to have problems with facebook (being logged in) this link should solve the problem Trash Out Link

kennythe1st

Post by kennythe1st » 30 January 10 4:15 pm

Thanks oppolot. Great timing - was able to change the link in my proposal for sending today. :)

oppolot

Post by oppolot » 30 January 10 4:22 pm

cool, let me know how it goes

oppolot

Post by oppolot » 04 February 10 12:35 pm

Really sorry for the Double post

Just a Quick update for the doco for all you West Aussies.

There will be a screening of the Trash Out (along with a few other films) on Wednesday 17th February. The films will be screened outdoors at the Film & Television Institute in Fremantle W.A..The doors will open at 6.30pm, entry will be by gold coin donation.

Gates open to general public at 6:30 pm and it should finish around 9pm.

The venue is fully licensed so unfortunately no BYO alcohol. People can of course bring picnic foods to enjoy with the beers purchased from the bar.

Hope to see you there.

Grandad

Post by Grandad » 06 February 10 9:07 am

Great Doco, I like the PC voice at the beginning and then transferring to human. It brings out the point about modern technology.

Well Done :)

oppolot

Post by oppolot » 16 February 10 12:26 pm

Hello everyone, Just a quick reminder that if you live in Perth there is a screening tomorrow night of Trash Out in Fremantle. It starts at 6 and should be a good night.