What cache did I find?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
bean_counter
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

What cache did I find?

Post by bean_counter » 18 December 09 6:10 pm

I went out today to do some caching, and at one GZ I found two caches (yes, two very distinct caches with two different logs) at the same spot.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... y&decrypt=

I have logged 'Looking Back' which I assume was the micro (the size fits) but the other cache in the area was a small 1L systema container. Anyone have any ideas what cache that was?

Other finders of 'Looking back' have mentioned other caches in the Looking series being at the same location, but I couldn't seem to figure out which one it is, given that it wasn't a micro (the other caches in the looking series are micros).

I feel like such a noobie :-k

caughtatwork

Re: What cache did I find?

Post by caughtatwork » 18 December 09 6:13 pm

This one?
http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga0590

Or possibly a "replacement" for the original cache which had gone missing, but not really?

Does the other cache with a log book have any name in it?

bean_counter
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by bean_counter » 18 December 09 6:30 pm

Perhaps, but I don't think so.

Francis' most recent log reads:

Logs
November 2008
14th
Found it
thefourbees
Took a bit of searching but the cache was found along with the other 2 dot com caches at the same site. It must look odd to see a pair of legs daggling from beneath the roof line. TFTC

August 2008
30th
Noted
totalube
This cache is present at the coordinates listed as are the 2 Looking Back caches. This was found by the littlest freak, while we were out and about with posthaste, gefscofix and controlfreaks. Won't claim a find as I didn't sign the log, but the cache is there to find. I do think that this cache is too close to Looking Back (both of them Smile)

So it seems that there are TWO .com caches there, plus the GCA cache? Francis is a micro, what I found was a small that didn't have a name on it. I am reluctant to log Francis because it sounds like it is on the roof?

:-k

bean_counter
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by bean_counter » 18 December 09 6:34 pm

Oh it seems there are two containers and two logs for the ONE looking back cache, according to IF:

January 5, 2008 by If (5530 found)
Out touring today and dropped by here with Team Rubik.
We found the original mini-tape box and a small 'sistema' box both of which are marked as the Looking Back cache
As a bonus I also found the GCA cache as well
3 caches in one place, Howzat?

Apologies for the confusion. Seems that the 1L systema container is big enough to hold the micro, and perhaps the micro should be removed or placed within the larger systema container.

Echo
1800 or more caches found
1800 or more caches found

Post by Echo » 18 December 09 7:06 pm

At that rate you'll hit 1000 in no time!? :-$

Bundyrumandcoke
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 18 December 09 8:06 pm

Not qute as good as my 3 finds in one location back in March/April this year, at The Crags in Victoria.

First was a container that didnt match the size or location clue of the container.

Second was a container that did match them.

Third was an Earthcache at the same location.

It turned out the first container was the original, that went "missing"

The second was the replacement.

Only 2 finds were logged, even though I signed both log books in the 2 containers.
Cheers
Bundy

setsujoku
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found
Twitter: BGNWP

Post by setsujoku » 21 December 09 3:09 pm

At one stage (not sure if it's still the case at the moment) there were 3 containers acting as the one cache at Cradle Mountain in Tassie.
Some people complained that the cache was badly in need of care, others said that the cache was in good nick, and one person replaced the cache as they thought it was missing :!:

bean_counter
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by bean_counter » 21 December 09 3:20 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I logged only one find, so my stats are still correct (ahhh gotta keep the numbers right!).

Next time I am out that way I will pop the smaller cache into the larger one perhaps with an explanatory note, because most finders seem to be in the same state of confusion that I was (going by the logs).

Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 21 December 09 5:01 pm

I thought you might be another victim in the moving cache race! I was chasing a moving cache outside the Coopers Brewery in Adelaide last week and grabbed the box I found under a bush and took it back to my hotel. Only when I read the log did I realise that someone had placed the moveable cache next to a GC cache (Whose Shout?) - I'd grabbed the non-moving cache! An unanticipated find indeed. Took it back the next day but didn't have time to find the actual cache I was after!