Bee Warned

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Freddo

Bee Warned

Post by Freddo » 15 November 09 1:03 pm

Has anyone else had a cache retrieved by a man in a mask? Bee very very careful.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx ... 4637b00f35

stringy

Re: Bee Warned

Post by stringy » 15 November 09 1:42 pm

no

Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 15 November 09 3:57 pm

When you look at where caches are placed in trees stumps and hollows you can see why you might get a bee problem now and again. Interesting!

Had the wrong coords in for a cache in Brisbane and it led me straight to a beehive in the base of a tree. As I couldn't find the cahce anywhere I checked the coords and moved away.
There's another cache up there where you are warned about nearby bees. Vickerman Track:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... ?wp=GCZ642
Didn't see them though.

rhinogeo
2700 or more caches found
2700 or more caches found
Twitter: rhinogeo

Post by rhinogeo » 15 November 09 6:36 pm

I have a cache in the Victorian Alps that is guarded by some quarrelsome bull ants but it certainly doesn't require protective gear to retrieve :shock:

pprass
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by pprass » 15 November 09 9:25 pm

No - not a man with a mask, but on our recent trip up north, there were plenty of times when we had to divert the attention of those weird green ants to get to a cache. What is it with Qld? Green ants that swarm all over you and bite - (and Temingi says you can eat them). plants that grab you and or cut you to bits and other insects that leave your mark on you as a farewell gift :cry:

ps: Thought Honeysucker had given the game away?

Zytheran
2000 or more caches found
2000 or more caches found

Post by Zytheran » 16 November 09 12:41 pm

During my MadMay I'd say that half my 31 placements ended up near bees. Problem was, I was placing at night when bees were asleep and all the finders were locating them.
Out of interest I made a posting on the GC forum about whether it would be possible to have a bee attribute and basically just got flamed by all the Yanks. We have an attribute for poison plants, snakes and other things that kill but no-one cared about bees. Very unimpressed with the US attitude. :x Guess it's lucky they can't kill anyone...oh, wait... #-o

TeamAstro
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by TeamAstro » 17 November 09 12:40 am

Zytheran wrote:During my MadMay I'd say that half my 31 placements ended up near bees. Problem was, I was placing at night when bees were asleep and all the finders were locating them.
Out of interest I made a posting on the GC forum about whether it would be possible to have a bee attribute and basically just got flamed by all the Yanks. We have an attribute for poison plants, snakes and other things that kill but no-one cared about bees. Very unimpressed with the US attitude. :x Guess it's lucky they can't kill anyone...oh, wait... #-o
The Yanks are importing our Bees - they don't have enough of them there. They are happy when they see a bee .

clear skies!