A long travelling TB wants to get to Australia Zoo, Qld

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
tronador
6500 or more caches found

A long travelling TB wants to get to Australia Zoo, Qld

Post by tronador » 16 October 09 10:29 am

I am looking for a cacher from the Sunshine coast or someone who is going there, who could take a TB that has spent the last 4 years trying to get to Australia Zoo. It has finally just arrived in Australia from the US via Canada, Germany and Switzerland.
I have the TB with me at the moment in Sydney. Is there any one out there who could take it ???? PM me and I'll arrange to get it to you.

Richary
8000 or more caches found

Re: A long travelling TB wants to get to Australia Zoo, Qld

Post by Richary » 16 October 09 2:35 pm

If nobody comes along sooner, I will almost certainly have a Brisbane day trip in the next few weeks and can hopefully find at least 1 cache during the trip.

tronador

Post by tronador » 16 October 09 5:17 pm

Ok, I'll just wait a little longer. I'm sure the owner will be pleased.

WellsInc

Post by WellsInc » 17 October 09 10:56 pm

Hi trondor
We are coming to Sydney end of November and could pick it up and take it back if thats any help, I am sure we could arrange a trip up to the zoo soon after we are in Brisbane.
Regards
Wells Inc

tronador

Post by tronador » 18 October 09 10:16 am

WellsInc wrote:Hi trondor
We are coming to Sydney end of November and could pick it up and take it back if thats any help, I am sure we could arrange a trip up to the zoo soon after we are in Brisbane.
Regards
Wells Inc
Thanks very much. Maybe I can get it to Richary who could take it to Brisbane and then maybe you could pick it up from the cache he leaves it in.??? :idea:

WellsInc

Post by WellsInc » 18 October 09 9:55 pm

Sure we should be able to help with that one. Let us know. - Wells Inc

Richary

Post by Richary » 19 October 09 6:46 pm

My Brisbane trip is now sooner than I thought, day trip on Thursday to near Southbank. Will have a non caching co-worker with me but he knows about it (have found one with him on a previous work trip) to Newcastle) so hopefully there is something near South Bank that will fit a TB. Alternatively time permitting I can go to one near the airport.

Not sure of the site address I need to visit just yet to see what is really close by.

tronador

Post by tronador » 19 October 09 7:06 pm

richary wrote:My Brisbane trip is now sooner than I thought, day trip on Thursday to near Southbank. Will have a non caching co-worker with me but he knows about it (have found one with him on a previous work trip) to Newcastle) so hopefully there is something near South Bank that will fit a TB. Alternatively time permitting I can go to one near the airport.

Not sure of the site address I need to visit just yet to see what is really close by.
Ok great, if I leave it in Spindocs Olympic Park Meander, would you be able to pick it up from there? It will fit in this cache. Just leave it in a cache in Brisbane convenient to you. Southbank is central.

WellsInc

Post by WellsInc » 19 October 09 7:37 pm

Southbank is good for us. cheers Wells Inc

tronador

Post by tronador » 19 October 09 10:53 pm

Great!
Richary- just let me know where to drop this off for you. I will leave it with a note addressed to you and Wells Inc. then just let them know where you dropped it off.

Richary

Post by Richary » 19 October 09 11:07 pm

Olympic Park Meander would work, hopefully I can remember where final GZ is after all this time - though I need to email Spindoc anyway tonight. Or any of the other caches around the area I have found - can pick it up after work tomorrow or Wednesday.

WellsInc - any recommendations for a cache near South Bank that a TB will fit in and I will target that - hate to pick one to find that is too small. Doesn't matter if it is a little way away but not too far. Or I can just drop it in if you work nearby if things go to plan. Have an 11:30 meeting onsite then a site inspection at the new Uni village going up there.

tronador

Post by tronador » 20 October 09 7:38 am

OK I will drop it into Sydney Olympic Park Meander this afternoon. Thanks. i will let the owner know what is happening. :D

GhostGums
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by GhostGums » 20 October 09 7:48 am

richary wrote:My Brisbane trip is now sooner than I thought, day trip on Thursday to near Southbank.
Your best bet is If's GCTRF2 Brisbane Oddities - Uncaged, for a reasonable size cache at or nearby Southbank.

Richary

Post by Richary » 20 October 09 2:11 pm

tronador wrote:Great!
Richary- just let me know where to drop this off for you. I will leave it with a note addressed to you and Wells Inc. then just let them know where you dropped it off.
Olympic Park Meander is fine (Darren has resent me the final coords). Early start tomorrow so I should be able to grab it on the way home before flying to Brisbane in the morning.

Earlier flight than needed as that is all that was available so hopefully be able to find a cache before the meetings.

Thanks

Richard

WellsInc

Post by WellsInc » 20 October 09 2:30 pm

Hi Rchard
There seems to be a heap of micros at Sth Bank. There is the one that Ghost gums mentioned but its a puzzle , I dont know how much time you have for them. There is this one GO BUSH - GC16GR1 which I have been to and has a trackable in it at the moment.
I am off work this week so just send a note to say where you have left it. Regards
Wells inc