Moveable Cache Race

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
ZED!
500 or more caches logged

Re: Moveable Cache Race

Post by ZED! » 11 December 09 5:10 pm

Yurt wrote:Any takers for Perth on Monday? I need someone to grab it when I drop it there and put it back so I can bring it back again the next day. Complicated!
I'll keep an eye out for you. Btw, you won't mind going back with 1 more than you arrived with will you? It seems the local entrant is being neglected.

Yurt
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 11 December 09 5:15 pm

ZED! wrote:
Yurt wrote:Any takers for Perth on Monday? I need someone to grab it when I drop it there and put it back so I can bring it back again the next day. Complicated!
I'll keep an eye out for you. Btw, you won't mind going back with 1 more than you arrived with will you? It seems the local entrant is being neglected.
I can bring it back to Sydney no problems as long as it can find its own way back!
This should work out well. Have got the day in Perth with a car, plenty of work on but I can fit in a pick up/drop off I'm sure. Early flight back on Tuesday (not early for me mind you with the 3 hour time difference!)

ZED!

Post by ZED! » 11 December 09 5:18 pm

Yurt wrote: I can bring it back to Sydney no problems as long as it can find its own way back!
This should work out well. Have got the day in Perth with a car, plenty of work on but I can fit in a pick up/drop off I'm sure. Early flight back on Tuesday (not early for me mind you with the 3 hour time difference!)
I don't think the owners are too fussed if it ever comes back, they'd just like to see it move.

tronador
6500 or more caches found

Post by tronador » 11 December 09 8:24 pm

Yurt wrote:tronador you'll be pleased to know yours is coming back to Sydney. Black Bunny offered to take it to ACT but I said we were running out of caches in SYD. The one he took up to Brisbane had to go back to Canberra so no swap.

Any takers for Perth on Monday? I need someone to grab it when I drop it there and put it back so I can bring it back again the next day. Complicated!
Oh thanks so much :D

stringy

Post by stringy » 12 December 09 9:12 pm

tronador wrote:Stringy- closest cachers to Harrington are Graham Cookie and Fang Shaw, Red Ninja and Wingham Pathfinders and mavrick_19
Unfortunately the closest cacher to Emerald is Camstal and none others displayed.

Stringy contact these cachers and ask if they would move your cache.
Well Grahame Cookie contacted me today on the phone and asked if it had been moved and I said no and so he continued trying to find the cache. Hope he did [-o<

blossom*
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 13 December 09 4:09 pm

Yurt, I'm hoping you can get Pole Postition this afternoon?

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 13 December 09 5:57 pm

blossom* wrote:Yurt, I'm hoping you can get Pole Postition this afternoon?
Got it and Aussie Traveller to take to Perth (and back if possible). May leave Aussie Traveller there and bring back Drifter.
PM me cache owners if you have other plans.

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 13 December 09 6:25 pm

Here's a suggestion from Yurt - we could have an game like this every summer! It might become a huge thing in years to come :D

tronador

Post by tronador » 13 December 09 7:33 pm

Oh thanks again for moving mine along. I am going to Bali on Jan 19, could take a few but would need to find someone over there who could move them so I could bring them back on the 26th. Not sure if any other cachers will be there.

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 13 December 09 7:45 pm

How many kms is it from here to Bali?

tronador

Post by tronador » 13 December 09 7:54 pm

Lots :D 4263km :lol: :lol:

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 14 December 09 6:11 pm

Just to show you how quickly things can change I've just planted Aussie Traveller in Perth and now it's top of the leader board with 3300km after sitting in 3rd last place with 0.41km on it!
Bringing back Drifter from WA and I have Pole Position which needs someone to grab it very soon - I'm about to go out and place somewhere near the CBD if I can so will log then. PM me if you are grabbing and moving, otherwise it might stay here.

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 15 December 09 5:09 pm

Sadly Pole Position didn't make the flight back so is applying for Sandgroper residency until someone returns this way.
At least there's two caches to work with there now. The WA cache will be released here shortly.
Must nick some Vic caches when I'm down there next! :twisted:

Coffee and Cache
2200 or more geocaches found
2200 or more geocaches found

Post by Coffee and Cache » 15 December 09 9:51 pm

I'm wondering if it is possible to highlight the existence of these caches somehow, perhaps on the daily email?

Most of the moves, some quite heroic, have been made by cachers playing the game. This is not really surprising of course, but I wonder if it is due in part to the majority of GCA members being unaware of their presence? I suspect being movable doesn't help of course, or being GCA for that matter :-( Some GCA members may also think they are not supposed to move these caches because they are not actually signed up to play.

Sooner or later some of the players may run out of steam, or the caches might wind up out of reach of the players, and then they may need a little extra help?

Hunter-Finder
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by Hunter-Finder » 15 December 09 10:02 pm

Thanks Yurt.

Appreciate the lift. Now is anyone in Perth going to Darwin? :-"