TB Hotels

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Cached
2500 or more caches found

TB Hotels

Post by Cached » 03 August 04 1:15 pm

Hi,

Travelling from SA to ACT to NSW Snowfields this fri/sat/sun.

Got two TBs that want to move internationally. Where is the best place in Canberra to leave them for this to happen?

Thanks

ACU

The S's
700 or more Caches found
700 or more Caches  found

Post by The S's » 03 August 04 9:12 pm

Hi All Cached-Up

As you may or may not know there are no international flights out of Canberra.

So there-fore the bugs would either need to travel to Sydney or Melbourne to catch a plane.

The best place to drop them in Canberra would probally be "City Gates 1" this cahe was set up mainly for TB's wanting to travel into and from the ACT it is located close to the Highway to Sydney similary "City Gates 2" would also be good but the road leads to Melbourne which is further away.

Hope this helps if you would like any more suggestions etc. please feel free to contact us.

achmed

Post by achmed » 04 August 04 4:30 am

If nobody minds too much me plugging my own cache... :wink:

<p>Hume detour is a little further out of town than the City Gates caches, but it's not far from the Hume Highway, meaning it could end up in Sydney or Melbourne.

<p>It's also had visits from a surprising number of Sydneysiders in its short history, including me. :)

<p>In fact, I'll be down that way again next weekend. Will definitely visit my cache to drop off a hitchhiker, but could also make a trip in to the Territory to ferry bugs back north.

Cached

Post by Cached » 09 August 04 4:27 pm

Picked up Michel from Hume Detour on Saturday and will be moving him to the Barossa Valley.

ACU (in the net cafe at Perisher)

achmed

Post by achmed » 09 August 04 9:16 pm

I was hoping he'd still be there when I got there. Sounded like a great excuse to go tasting at the nearby wineries again. :)