Embroidered Caps and shirts

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.

Are you interested in embroidered shirts / caps

I am interested in getting some team shirts.
41%
I am intrested in getting a group cap. (5+)
No votes
I am intrested in getting some patch caps. (4 and under)
9%
I am interested in both shirts and patch caps
32%
I am interested in both shirts and group caps
18%

Total votes: 22

smegheads
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Embroidered Caps and shirts

Post by smegheads » 16 September 09 11:39 am

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to let everyone know that Beck and I are currently embarking on a little mission to give back to the community.
Details are all to be finalised but at this stage we will be able to offer custom shirts with embroidered team logos on them at the cost of about $10-$15 per logo. (no minimum)
I am also presently looking into getting custom caps done. Beck and I cannot do caps ourselves but are in negotiations with a few companies to make a good deal for people out there. (At present it may have to be limited to cap runs of 5 or more, this may mean caps would probabally be better suited for groups rather than teams) We are aiming at around $20-$25 for a completed cap. We are able to do this as I can design the embroidered logo in a format for their machines ready to go in my own time and avoid a costly set-up fee.
For smaller run caps we could most likely embroider a patch and it could be sewn onto a cap if wanted.

I will keep you up to date on how things progress as more companies get back to me about the caps.
In the mean time please let me know if you are interested.

SG-3
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Re: Embroidered Caps and shirts

Post by SG-3 » 16 September 09 2:19 pm

oooohhhh... A shirt or two...that would be nice!

The Coffee's
4500 or more caches found

Post by The Coffee's » 16 September 09 8:35 pm

If you do go ahead many thanks in advance. Yes our Clan would be interested in t-shirts.<br>
I thought however our logo<p>
Mr.Coffee and the "look at me excellent logo T-shirt" Coffee Clan. would be a bit to small on a logo :shock: :lol: :lol:

smegheads
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by smegheads » 17 September 09 6:11 pm

Shirts are not going to be a problem at all as we can do them at home.
The hardest part is the caps.
Would Mr Coffee land SG-3 like them done as patches which can be sewn onto shirts or prefer embroidery straight onto a shirt?
with patches I can just stick them in an envelope and post them to you cheaply otherwise I'd need you to send me shirt(s) or have me buy them.
We done up a patch and have it sewn on the arm of a Polo shirt. It looks quite good.

for now if anyone has some high res artwork that I can work off you can send it to me at NOSPAMrob.groten@gmail.com (delete the NOSPAM part of course)
art work is best as vector art (adobe illustrator, corel draw) type but if you dont have that a bitmap image will be fine as long as its not too small or overly compressed as Ill have to trace it in Illustrator first.

Please note you are under no obligation to buy if you don't like the logo or price as we haven't settled everything completely yet.
Ill send back an image of the embroidery before we put it on anything as well.
PS please also note that sometimes things can go wrong in the process and the occasional design/shirt can go haywire and unfortunately because we are doing this with out making a profit we cannot reimburse anyone if something goes wrong. This is why I will suggest patches as we can just do another patch without ruining a shirt.

The Coffee's

Post by The Coffee's » 18 September 09 12:22 am

PM and mobile sent. just in case the mobile is 0401496649 (coffee hotline)
Regards Ian.

SamCarter
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

Post by SamCarter » 18 September 09 9:31 am

What's the time frame for your generous offer? (I am rather transitory for the next few months, and so will need to do something REALLY quickly, postpone until the new year, or pass on the opportunity). My preference is probably direct-to-shirt, but in light of the aforementioned issues, patch may be more sensible!

WellsInc

Post by WellsInc » 18 September 09 10:32 am

Hi Smeghead.
Wells Inc are interested in some shirts for the fam.
Thanks

smegheads
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by smegheads » 18 September 09 6:29 pm

SamCarter wrote:What's the time frame for your generous offer? (I am rather transitory for the next few months, and so will need to do something REALLY quickly, postpone until the new year, or pass on the opportunity). My preference is probably direct-to-shirt, but in light of the aforementioned issues, patch may be more sensible!
Beck and I are doing these in our own time, so therefore I cannot give a timeframe as there are a lot of variables.
I have no other embroidery designs on at the moment. I have finalised a design for the Ballarat Geocachers group it's now down to logistics of getting an amount for an order and finding someone cheaply to do the caps.

as for getting shirts/patches done:
1. I have no designs on at the moment (maybe mr coffee if he sends me something)
2. depending on how complex our design is and whether it is vector art or not.
3. Beck and my free time.

If you need something urgently send me a design to work with on my email and I can see what I can do. I can make it a priority if needed urgently and could hopefully have patches posted in a week or so.

I'll endevour to get a photo of our team shirts and post it somewhere like flickr or something if anyone wants to see.
Infact Ill do this now :P

SG-3
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by SG-3 » 18 September 09 8:55 pm

Hi Smegheads!Well, Smoke Me a Kipper, they look good! I'm going to have to crank up an old PC that I did my original artwork on, because it was in vector format originally, and I haven't needed that file since. Will start the hunt tomorrow! Might I have to enlarge the curved type to embroider clearly?

smegheads
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by smegheads » 18 September 09 9:34 pm

SG-3 wrote:Hi Smegheads!Well, Smoke Me a Kipper, they look good! I'm going to have to crank up an old PC that I did my original artwork on, because it was in vector format originally, and I haven't needed that file since. Will start the hunt tomorrow! Might I have to enlarge the curved type to embroider clearly?
If your logo is the same as your avatar pic, then its exactly the same as SG1 except a 3 instead of 1?
If so I found an sg1 logo in vector that I have already done as an embroidery file.

The only thing with doing your logo on a patch is it may look a little stupid as a patch really requires a border. Since the SG logo has a border already it may look a little silly.
So we can either
a: no text
b: 2 borders
3: go straight onto a shirt.

What do you think.
Send me an email and Ill post back an example of the SG1 I have already done.

crane2
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by crane2 » 21 September 09 12:47 am

Have emailed you my pathtag avatar, let me know if this is possible as a patch

The Rats
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by The Rats » 22 September 09 8:13 am

The rats would be interested in getting some shirts made up. I'd actually like to get 2 different logo's done if thats possible. I know a few gangsters who'd love one and the ICC look good in them too. I'll email you.

smegheads
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by smegheads » 22 September 09 12:34 pm

For people preferring shirts over patches if you are looking at getting a new shirt perhaps go to a national store like K-mart/BigW/Best & Less and check out what they have. If you let me know what you want from there I can purchase them at my local outlet and save you some postage costs.
Just to remind people patches mean less complications.

Crane I have sent you an email regarding your logo.

Mr Coffee.. were you going to send me a logo or something as I haven't got anything yet.

As a general pointer artwork that is less detailed works better.
cartoony artwork with black lines etc may not come up so good.