Scouting Cachers

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Hoojar
5000 or more caches found

Re: Scouting Cachers

Post by Hoojar » 29 December 12 2:51 pm

Bundyrumandcoke wrote:Onsite now. Within an hour of turning up, it was flogging down with a thunderstorm. :roll: :roll: :roll: Some emergency water diversion to happen today.
So basically it is JUST like when we arrived at AJ2010!

steptoe
1650 or more caches found

Post by steptoe » 30 December 12 1:39 pm

I am probably the last to notice to Meet and Greet event on the 6th at AJ -
http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga5865
Might catch some of you there.

steptoe

Post by steptoe » 20 February 13 11:57 am

With The Great Scouts Australia Geocaching Competition
almost here, and having offered myself as an Ambassador, I am going to try running a day to introduce scouts to the sport.
If anyone is interested and available on Sat 23rd March to give me a hand at Oatley Park, please let me know.
I'm also considering having a GC meet and greet event on the day as well.
I am currently creating a flyer for scout groups, and hope it will able to be sent out to all South Met groups this week. If anyone has ideas on info I should include, feel free to send info as well - I am sure I missed some things in my handout notes.

Hoojar

Post by Hoojar » 20 February 13 1:07 pm

steptoe wrote:With The Great Scouts Australia Geocaching Competition
almost here, and having offered myself as an Ambassador, I am going to try running a day to introduce scouts to the sport.
If anyone is interested and available on Sat 23rd March to give me a hand at Oatley Park, please let me know.
I'm also considering having a GC meet and greet event on the day as well.
I am currently creating a flyer for scout groups, and hope it will able to be sent out to all South Met groups this week. If anyone has ideas on info I should include, feel free to send info as well - I am sure I missed some things in my handout notes.
Try contacting that Victorian Geocaching Team. They ran the base at AJ2013. They also have a Facebook group.

Bundyrumandcoke

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 20 February 13 1:17 pm

Speaking of the Meet and Greet at AJ2013, does anyone still have a TB called, How far will $100 get me? which I dropped off at AJ2013. If I remember correctly, it was a $100 note keyring. It still lists in my inventory.

Bronnie_1990
1000 or more caches found
Twitter: bronnie1990

Post by Bronnie_1990 » 10 March 13 10:55 am

6 days before the competition starts.

I know of at least one more ACT rover that's entered, so now i know im not doing it solo (what? Default winner? OK! I mean..)
Our crew was considering entering a group but..i dont think that'll be happening (there's that whole rule about "team must find geocaches together" and "at least 50% of the team must be present" ..and after reading all the rules, i'm pretty sure i dont want to join a team, too much hard work!)

I'm just happy overseas caches also count. I'm not getting to canada early (yay world moot!!) to do a powertrail or two.. :-"

(I'm also sick of saving up powertrails down here, so i'll have something to do whilst the comp is on!)

Toriaz
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by Toriaz » 10 March 13 7:26 pm

Bronnie_1990 wrote:6 days before the competition starts.
My daughter has just registered, in the NSW Cubs section. She is very excited, and wants me to take her on the Windsor to Rouse Hill bike track/powertrail sometime soon. I guess she can work on her cyclist badge at the same time :D .

Ben and Benji

Post by Ben and Benji » 30 March 13 5:03 pm

There should be lots more scouting geocachers because off the competition.

MajuraHathi
2250 or more geocaches found
2250 or more geocaches found

Post by MajuraHathi » 01 April 13 9:45 am

Bundyrumandcoke wrote:Speaking of the Meet and Greet at AJ2013, does anyone still have a TB called, How far will $100 get me? which I dropped off at AJ2013. If I remember correctly, it was a $100 note keyring. It still lists in my inventory.
I dropped three TB's at the same Meet and Greet at AJ2013 on 6 Jan 13 and they are still showing in my inventory. I'm hoping someone might be able to grab them and/or drop them in a cache.
They are:
Be Prepared Ref TB47F09
Jeep 4x4 #0038 Ref TBH2FR
The E Machine Ref TB2AYJG (this is being tracked by a group of UK school kids)

If you've seen these or have them, please log them and keep them on the move.

BTW thanks it was a great event!

MajuraHathi

jusojara
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by jusojara » 02 April 13 11:19 am

Bronnie_1990 wrote:6 days before the competition starts.

I know of at least one more ACT rover that's entered, so now i know im not doing it solo (what? Default winner? OK! I mean..)
Our crew was considering entering a group but..i dont think that'll be happening (there's that whole rule about "team must find geocaches together" and "at least 50% of the team must be present" ..and after reading all the rules, i'm pretty sure i dont want to join a team, too much hard work!)

I'm just happy overseas caches also count. I'm not getting to canada early (yay world moot!!) to do a powertrail or two.. :-"

(I'm also sick of saving up powertrails down here, so i'll have something to do whilst the comp is on!)
The photo requirement for the Teams is also a bit painful, especially if you complete a number of caches in a day or a powertrail where the GZ's are similar (like pine trees) ](*,)

Additionally I also attempted to enter as an individual as well (as the rules on the page seem to imply you can) but it keeps telling me my rego number has already been used. ](*,) ](*,) E-mail has been sent and I am waiting on a reply.

SeabreezeOZ
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by SeabreezeOZ » 05 April 13 11:44 pm

I registered the geo brats for the competition last month on the start date 15th, were told we would get premium membership trail for 1 month, has not happened, so contacted scouts and they have now sent an email to them to activate. :D
Have knocked over some caches with them to get them started, will get stuck into it big time when we head off on our trip around Aust at the end of this month \:D/

Bronnie_1990
Twitter: bronnie1990

Post by Bronnie_1990 » 07 April 13 9:44 pm

FYI, scouting geocaching goodies are now available on the scouts geocaching site :)

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 08 April 13 7:29 pm

Had some new scouts come through on my caches today :D

SeabreezeOZ
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by SeabreezeOZ » 13 April 13 12:31 am

Bronnie_1990 wrote:FYI, scouting geocaching goodies are now available on the scouts geocaching site :)
Have ordered 2 geocoins and patches, seems they are not actually in stock yet, hope they come before we leave on our trip round Aus