Scouting Cachers

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Bundyrumandcoke
5000 or more caches found

Re: Scouting Cachers

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 24 November 12 8:25 pm

Bundyrumandcoke wrote:And now arrived and divvied up for each troop. God I wish I hadnt gone to Bunnings over the weekend. Our bank account took a real hit, you wont have to go far to been seen with green.
And the next lot are in transit, not enough ordered initially.

The real shocker is, in exactly 1 months time, we will be in transit to AJ2013. And I have so much to do beforehand. I am certain I will be doing some assembly on site, during the nights prior to the event.

Bundyrumandcoke

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 26 November 12 9:42 pm

Datruk wrote:
Bundyrumandcoke wrote:And for those who went to Oz Mega Albury Wodonga, and going to AJ2013, you might see my small influence on some night time activities, hopefully the opening concert. .

Ohh I hope so, drop by and say high at the Geocaching activity tent.

Datruk, Im not sure what your activities will be in the tent, but if you want any pics of cachers in action, feel free to use any off my photobucket page http://s110.beta.photobucket.com/user/b ... 9596303883

You will have to search for them, there is a lot of crap in there. Some early on of our caching trip on the bike.

Hoojar

Post by Hoojar » 30 November 12 9:19 am

I wonder if any local cachers will place more caches for us to find in Maryborough :D The map still looks like all the nearby caches could be found on a walk on my day-off. I'm starting to eye off some of the more far-flung caches and wondering just how hot it will be to go for a run!

oldfella
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by oldfella » 30 November 12 9:23 am

Not that many GCA cachers in my part of Qld so I drove the 2hours north to Maryborough and left 5 not that far north of the showgrounds. I did this in the hope that if no gca cachers locally or driving past then at least the Scouting cachers there for the Jamboree would at least have a go and move them anywhere they like. Thanks in advance.
John
youngoldfella

Bundyrumandcoke

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 07 December 12 8:42 pm

Thanks to Steptoe, I have stolen his design for a gateway sign. Local group trailer currently at our place being packed for the Jamboree.

Camstal
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found
Twitter: Camstal

Post by Camstal » 15 December 12 1:50 pm

I'll be at AJ2013 as the Breakfast announcer for the Jamboree radio station (90.9 JAM FM) and I'd love to interview anyone who is involved with geocaching, whether it be those who are working on the geocaching base or just those casual cachers who are at the AJ as leaders, and give Geocaching a big plug if anyone is interested?

mastamak
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by mastamak » 16 December 12 12:36 am

Camstal, you won't have to look far for the geocaching base as it is right behind/beside JAM FM.

MajuraHathi
2250 or more geocaches found
2250 or more geocaches found

Post by MajuraHathi » 16 December 12 10:38 pm

I think I'm going to be on morning shifts at Emergency Communication Centre, also right next door to Radio JAM. Always happy to chat about geocaching...
MajuraHathi
ACT

Bundyrumandcoke

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 19 December 12 1:25 pm

The days are fast running down to AJ2013, and even faster to our departure. Mrs Bundy has 1 full, and at the time of writing, 2 1/2 shifts to go. I have 4 shifts to go. Once I finish early Monday morning - Christmas eve - we are off on the adventure.

Taz
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by Taz » 20 December 12 6:31 am

\:D/
We are already in Toowoomba on the 'family visit' part of the trip. Counting down!

Hoojar

Post by Hoojar » 20 December 12 9:48 am

We were finally given our departure time yesterday (1530 31/12/12)... But apparently we will not know our route until we get on the bus. For someone that *hates* caching on a smart phone, this is terrible! Do I upload caches for potential meal breaks on the Pacific, New England, or Newell Highways!!??

Bundyrumandcoke

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 27 December 12 4:14 am

Onsite now. Within an hour of turning up, it was flogging down with a thunderstorm. :roll: :roll: :roll: Some emergency water diversion to happen today. Place is looking good.

steptoe
1650 or more caches found
1650 or more caches found

Post by steptoe » 27 December 12 10:43 am

Hey Hoojar,
I agree re the GPS/phone options, but have been fairly reliably informed we are going via the coastal run, with a likely tea stop about Taree.
We are leaving Sydney @ 4pm on the 31st.
Ian

Hoojar

Post by Hoojar » 28 December 12 11:11 pm

steptoe wrote:Hey Hoojar,
I agree re the GPS/phone options, but have been fairly reliably informed we are going via the coastal run, with a likely tea stop about Taree.
Ian
Surely we will go the New England, have you been reading about the traffic delays on the Pacific in recent days?! Here's hoping, but I have caching contingencies for either option ;-)

Bronnie_1990
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found
Twitter: bronnie1990

Post by Bronnie_1990 » 29 December 12 10:05 am

Hoojar wrote:
steptoe wrote:Hey Hoojar,
Ian
Surely we will go the New England, have you been reading about the traffic delays on the Pacific in recent days?! Here's hoping, but I have caching contingencies for either option ;-)
My friends who are independently travelling say there's a 2hr delay north of Newcastle..