Rewards Items for FTF

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Calypso62

Rewards Items for FTF

Post by Calypso62 » 11 August 09 9:32 pm

G'day fellow cachers,

I'm putting together "treasure" into a cache for my first hide and I am after suggestions as to items that may be found in a new cache as a reward for the FTF person. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Calypso62

Fuddley
1950 or more caches found
1950 or more caches found
Location: Hastings NZ GPSr: Garmin Oregon 300 GPSr: Tom Tom XL one GPSr: Garmin Etrex Vista

Re: Rewards Items for FTF

Post by Fuddley » 11 August 09 9:43 pm

We use this type of thing as a FTF prize, they ship to Aust with no worries
http://geocaching-zone.co.nz/products-p ... nd-series/

stealth_ninja_penguin
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found

Post by stealth_ninja_penguin » 11 August 09 11:06 pm

I get a beta tester to find my cache before I put it up for review (and provide some feedback) and they get a scratchie for their efforts. This could be seen as promoting gambling but it's only meant to show appreciation.

I figure cachers get enough glory of a FTF so that its own reward :)

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 12 August 09 1:15 pm

A tradition in WA caches (and elsewhere, of course, but this is where we first encountered it) is to have a "FTF card" in each cache, sometimes 1st, 2nd and 3rd (and even beyond)

This is a tangible memento for the first finder but isn't over the top enough to encourage any bad behaviour to gain a valuable prize!

Occasionally, a special cache has a special FTF prize. Our "Happily Ever After" cache-fest finale had a fine dinner for the winning couple, and we could've picked up an expensive wind-speed monitor as our FTF prize from "The Hunt for Pilatus" (we didn't, we took a more sentimental memento instead.)

Actual valuable things might be nice, but I think a collectible of some sort is more appropriate. A hand-made item or a card is likely to go onto the trophy shelf rather than just be used and the significance forgotten.

(I've considered putting two FTF cards in our caches; one for Chillyrear, and one for whoever the next person to find it might be!)

tronador
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Post by tronador » 12 August 09 2:56 pm

I like the idea of receiving an unactivated geocoin as a FTF prize. I then dedicate it to the hider of that cache.

Team Wibble
2100 or more geocaches found
2100 or more geocaches found

Post by Team Wibble » 12 August 09 4:00 pm

We'll often put an unactivated coin in our caches as a first to find prize. Scratchies for the first to find, or first three finders, are common over here as well.

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 12 August 09 6:37 pm

Scratchies are good ! one day you might win the fuel costs back for all your caching adventures :!: that would be very 8)

Calypso62

Post by Calypso62 » 17 August 09 6:53 pm

Thanks everyone for your advice. I like the idea of a scratchy lottery ticket. Then again..... maybe a $10 Bunnings gift card ....... then you are sure to win a prize!!! :D

Cheers,

Calypso62