2009 Cyber Flash Mob Topic “Positive Caching Experience”

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
caughtatwork

Re: 2009 Cyber Flash Mob Topic “Positive Caching Experience”

Post by caughtatwork » 11 August 09 8:01 pm

bots are allowed in to index the forum posts.
There are dozens and dozens that we allow in.

Fuddley
1950 or more caches found
1950 or more caches found
Location: Hastings NZ GPSr: Garmin Oregon 300 GPSr: Tom Tom XL one GPSr: Garmin Etrex Vista

Post by Fuddley » 11 August 09 9:06 pm

And the winners are:
FTF coin goes to: Camstal
2009 NT Coin goes to:Merekats
Gardengorilla Goes Bush Coin goes to:Mundoo
Congratulations, winner were drawn from all of the names of those that logged their attendance to last nights very successful event, the drawn was done by Xanthia (the biggest little Fuddley) under strict super vision by her parents. I have sent PMs to the winners and once they return their postal details I will arrange for their coins to be dispatched.
A special thanks goes to Gibbo003 and Gardengorilla for donating these coins.

Also special mention needs to go to the admin./development team for all the work that went into setting up the new servers. well done. It would appear that we hardly made a dent in the resources that are available in the system. It would also appear the the issues that we experienced when trying to post, was not a fault with the system or the speed of the servers etc. It was in fact a feature of the software, that allows you to reconsider you post, if someone else has posted between the time that you read the previous post and you submitting yours. All that was required was for the poster to keep pushing the submit button until it was accepted, an annoying feature in this instance, but at least we now all know about it.

Also of special note was the fact that we had at least 4 international poster with us last night three from NZ Beltberry, Kiwi_Explorer, and Marchwood, and also one from the United States, Mountain_Wanderer thanks guys for making the international effort.

I have now been able to read all of the posts and attended logs, and found it great reading, the 2 things that most people seem to agree on, and that is although this is mainly a solitary/family pass time, we all like to meet others out in the wild, and we also enjoy being taken to new and interesting places.

Finally I would like to say a big thank to everyone for attending, it was great to see you all turning up, the old record of 48 fell a full 6 minutes before the event started, with the new record of 123 reached at 8:07pm thus achieving the second goal of the event, and I think that the first goal, of bringing like minded people together with positive thoughts in mind was also well achieved.

Thanks again everyone what a great community we have :D :D

Whitepaws9
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Whitepaws9 » 11 August 09 11:21 pm

:D Im stoked! I love it about everything in geocaching stuff. Always learning and enjoy life. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mundoo
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by mundoo » 12 August 09 10:00 am

Fuddley wrote:And the winners are:

I am in a bit of shock!! I am thrilled, it looks like a very beautiful coin and I love the Australian aspects of it we have seen.
Thank you for a great event, it was a lot of fun and is surprising how much fun I had just being there and updating and watching and my twitter was in full use with like-minded GCA friends. Actually I am still smiling from the event as it was such a positive night, with the hint of mayhem and destruction if we managed to crash the server. Image

I want to THANK Gardengorilla for donating my prize. Woot woot!!! Image Image Image

Can you tell I am pleased?

Merekats

Post by Merekats » 12 August 09 11:26 am

Congratulations, winner were drawn from all of the names of those that logged their attendance to last nights very successful event, the drawn was done by Xanthia (the biggest little Fuddley) under strict super vision by her parents. I have sent PMs to the winners and once they return their postal details I will arrange for their coins to be dispatched.
Wow ... thanks thanks all, especially Gibbo003 and Gardengorilla for donating prizes.

Geocaching keeps taking us to new places and the online forums are a new place for me. It amazing what new things you learn doing caches. We'll see if I manage to quote correctly :wink:

I am glad that the event was so successful. Thanks to all involved.

Merekats

Post by Merekats » 12 August 09 11:28 am

:wink: oh well ... Close? to be sure ... to be sure. :wink:

Camstal
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found
Twitter: Camstal

Post by Camstal » 13 August 09 5:55 am

(I know this is a bit belated but) I would like to give a BIG Thank-You to Team Fuddley for 'hosting' the event and I would also like to thank them for the FTF coin that I won!

How about another one of these on 14 Nov-the date when the WWFM VI is on!

Thanks,
Camstal

gardengorilla
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by gardengorilla » 14 August 09 1:02 pm

mundoo wrote:

I am in a bit of shock!! I am thrilled, it looks like a very beautiful coin and I love the Australian aspects of it we have seen.
Thank you for a great event, it was a lot of fun and is surprising how much fun I had just being there and updating and watching and my twitter was in full use with like-minded GCA friends. Actually I am still smiling from the event as it was such a positive night, with the hint of mayhem and destruction if we managed to crash the server. Image

I want to THANK Gardengorilla for donating my prize. Woot woot!!! Image Image Image

Can you tell I am pleased?
Excellent, I am glad you're pleased! I have your details and will post the coin once it gets here, hopefully soon!
Thanks Team Fuddley!

mundoo
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by mundoo » 22 August 09 5:07 pm

My wonderful prize arrive in the mail from Gardengorilla. This geocoin is stunning!! Image

Thank you GG for donating and sending me the geocoin and Fuddley for organising the event and GCA for having the service.