Are Nanos real caches?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.

“Are Nanos real caches?”.

I hate Nanos. They are the spawn of Satan. Burn down the nano factory and put to death anyone who sells nanos.
28%
I don’t like nanos but hey it is a number.
22%
Fence sitter. Vote Democrat.
8%
Nanos are OK
23%
I like nanos. Nanos are fun.
19%

Total votes: 166

Bundyrumandcoke
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Re: Are Nanos real caches?

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 06 August 09 7:43 pm

MMMMMMM, A nano hanging randomly in a mangrove swamp, YUMMY. Lol, hey Temingi?????

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 246b8e5756

:D :D :twisted: :twisted: :D :D Bundy

GhostGums
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by GhostGums » 06 August 09 9:26 pm

I just hate trying to roll the logs up and putting them back in the container. :(

Otherwise I think they are part of the variety that is Caching. :mrgreen:

stringy

Post by stringy » 06 August 09 9:57 pm

Nano's are good only when they are magnetic. Cause they are easier too find or when they are under fake dog Poos.

Good for hiding if you can't put a regular sized cache instead

Mercuryprawnhead

Post by Mercuryprawnhead » 06 August 09 10:50 pm

I personally am I fan of the nano, but only in selected locations. It makes no sense to use one out in the bush or up a hill (which is a good chunk of Canberra caches). In inner city areas they open up a location that might otherwise not be used - but there still needs to be a point to it being there. I don't like any cache that is put in a location just because its there - I want there to be an interesting reason for it or it shows me a nice or historic location or it is a good challenge to locate. If the way to show me that is a nano - then great!

aussie-O's
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by aussie-O's » 06 August 09 10:54 pm

I agree. I've found a couple of nano's in places were there could have been anything bigger, like an ammo. I found one the other day that was stuck in a rock! Literally it was a magnetic stuck into a hole in a piece of rock in some bush land.

Huurtle
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Huurtle » 07 August 09 9:39 am

We pretty much agree with Freddo, and most of the previous posts.
In the right spot it adds to the experience, but by and large, making the cache a multi with an offset gz (to take away from the actual place being visited) is much more practical, and fun for the kids.
The people have spoken. Cachers with not much experience in hiding cache will find in due course what other cachers are talking about... NANOS blah!

waterlogged
1250 or more geocaches found
1250 or more geocaches found

Post by waterlogged » 07 August 09 10:14 am

I think Nanos have there place but are generally are over used where a bigger size container could be.

When I take my 3yo out caching she is not interested in the search at the moment just the contence to look at and play with, she looses interest very quickly when all I get to find are micros or nanos.

Map Monkey
1050 or more caches found
1050 or more caches found

Post by Map Monkey » 07 August 09 4:48 pm

stealth_ninja_penguin
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found

Post by stealth_ninja_penguin » 08 August 09 4:58 pm

For me geocaching is about the journey and the location, not about a tricky little hide. If I have a hard time finding a cache, I've discovered (rightly or wrongly) that I didn't enjoy that cache or location. If I spend all my time looking for the cache then I don't take in the location as much. I've often felt under whelmed when I've discovered a nano especially in the bush. Not that I'm much of a swapper, it's still nice to search thru the box and logbook after discovering the cache.

Like many crazes that sweep the world, nanos seemed to have swept the caching world. I'm hoping for a macros craze. Who can have the biggest cache. Who can get the biggest container (even if it's a shed or shipping container) and the permission to place it in the boldest location :P

No more nanos please :|
:wink:

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 08 August 09 6:55 pm

Well the reponses are currently at 61% voting "I hate..." or "I don't like..."
Something to think about when placing your next cache. :wink:

Yurt
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 08 August 09 8:01 pm

The question is "how small is a nano?" Are we talking bolts and nuts up to film canisters and magnetic car key holders? What about those that are just big enough for small TBs and GCs? I think they are good if used properly. At least there can be something in them, not just a scrap of paper that's too hard to write on. Glad we chose a short username!

Allied

Post by Allied » 08 August 09 8:33 pm

Damo. wrote:Well the reponses are currently at 61% voting "I hate..." or "I don't like..."
hehe Love how you work those stats to your advantage Damo :lol: 30 % are actually saying "I don’t like nanos but hey it is a number." and as we know it is all about the numbers otherwise why bother to log... just find them and have the satisfaction of you knowing you have done it. :D

So what that 30% are saying is in light of a nano Vs no cache at all, they pick the nano. Well that's how I read it of course I might just be working the stats to my opinion now :wink:

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 08 August 09 10:48 pm

Allied wrote:
Damo. wrote:Well the reponses are currently at 61% voting "I hate..." or "I don't like..."
hehe Love how you work those stats to your advantage Damo :lol: 30 % are actually saying "I don’t like nanos but hey it is a number." and as we know it is all about the numbers otherwise why bother to log... just find them and have the satisfaction of you knowing you have done it. :D

So what that 30% are saying is in light of a nano Vs no cache at all, they pick the nano. Well that's how I read it of course I might just be working the stats to my opinion now :wink:
He he. I wasn't 'work'ing anything other than adding 1 and 2 and getting 3.
Maybe 30% are thinking "God can't you people put a little more effort in". :roll: :lol:

aussie-O's
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by aussie-O's » 08 August 09 10:52 pm

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 09 August 09 11:13 am

aussie-O's wrote:Look at this cache!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 1d250f373f
I think we've found the world's worst speller! CRAPY? (and the rest - love the spelling of coordinates)
At least his heart's in the right place!