Are Nanos real caches?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.

“Are Nanos real caches?”.

I hate Nanos. They are the spawn of Satan. Burn down the nano factory and put to death anyone who sells nanos.
28%
I don’t like nanos but hey it is a number.
22%
Fence sitter. Vote Democrat.
8%
Nanos are OK
23%
I like nanos. Nanos are fun.
19%

Total votes: 166

homedg
1550 or more caches found

Re: Are Nanos real caches?

Post by homedg » 02 June 10 12:06 am

J_&_J wrote:Lively debate! :D

How about this scenario:

People logging a find online, when all they find at GZ is the vestiges of a muggled container, with no logbook present?
Again, With a pic and a note, would you delete the log?

Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 02 June 10 9:01 am

This thread is being contaminated by the one next to it!

Thinking about it I would rather find a good nano ("if there is such a thing, you say") in any spot (that wouldn't get me arrested) than a crappy Chinese food container cache barely concealed by a piece of bark by an obvious tree in an uninspiring piece of degraded bush... any day.

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 02 June 10 8:49 pm

Yurt wrote:Thinking about it I would rather find a good nano ("if there is such a thing, you say") in any spot (that wouldn't get me arrested) than a crappy Chinese food container cache barely concealed by a piece of bark by an obvious tree in an uninspiring piece of degraded bush... any day.
Well said ! =D>

ruzzelz
5500 or more caches found

Post by ruzzelz » 02 June 10 9:32 pm

Yurt wrote:Thinking about it I would rather find a good nano ("if there is such a thing, you say") in any spot (that wouldn't get me arrested) than a crappy Chinese food container cache barely concealed by a piece of bark by an obvious tree in an uninspiring piece of degraded bush... any day.

Emphasis needs to be on the “good” and applies all round

ruzzelz

Post by ruzzelz » 03 June 10 11:13 pm

Pesky! wrote: Yes. because no one uses thier caches for EVIL, do they? :twisted:

Now that is a whole new thread :-k

MtnLioness
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by MtnLioness » 08 June 10 6:50 pm

Bewilderbeest wrote:
blossom* wrote:
homedg wrote:i have found some AWESOME micros.
For example?
If you want to experience some really well done micros - and we arent talking needle-in-a-haystack type hides - head to Wagga and go after some Fred6603 caches. Truly outstanding. I could also point you to some examples in Canberra.
Yes!!
His are a perfect example of why Nanos are a great idea! The creativity and inguinity of those are amaxing and well worth visiting!
This one is also a great one!
GC1GV3H
Personally, I find waaaayyyyy too many nanos on the YP and many of those could be upgraded in size but hey, each has their place!

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 11 June 10 8:30 pm

I have recently done a tour of south west WA and the bleeding things were EVERYWHERE! Some I grabbed, others I took one look at GZ... a big Metal Something... with no clue and literally 1000's of potential hides and went... you know what. No. Not worth my time. Some were very clever and worth the effort. But most were sorry excuses. In a one week period of 60 or so finds I kid you not I found or attemped at LEAST 20 nanos. Granted, most of my caching was drive-by to <500m walk due to the large amount of driving I needed to do but still ONE IN THREE a NANO?! Something is really wrong with that. And this is even before I start counting m!^t tins (sorry, they are also a swear :) In some inner city ultra muggle locations, such as the Matrix Series in Sydney, a clever nano is the only thing that will survive. But I reackon better then 3/4 of nano's hidden could at least accomodate a micro or better.

Now that I got that out of my system I would like to add I did some ripper awesome caches in WA too, the nano-fest just got my goat a little ](*,)

homedg

Post by homedg » 13 June 10 7:24 pm

I did a nano on the southern highlands in New South yesterday which had every element of a brilliant cache hide.
It showed off a hidden gem, it was well thought out, very cleverly camo'd, and right out in the open :shock: .
In a day of finding 20+ diverse caches this was certainly a standout.
The cache was:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 12eb95ab65
GC Code: GC29ACF

Well done PowerplayX2.