Name dropper, toot toot.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Bronze

Name dropper, toot toot.

Post by Bronze » 26 July 09 10:49 am

It the risk of tooting my own horn I thought I thought I share with you all my latest project. I have lived on the coast now for about a year in a little lake side community called Rathmines, near Toronto, Lake Macquarie.

So, about a month ago I want to the Rathmines Progress Associations meeting as they were desperately looking for members. Anyway as a result it turned out to be their last (est. 1945). Anyways I decided I'd put my hobby webbuilding skills to the test and build website to get the community together again.

http://www.rathmines.org

It's no where near as pretty as this site but its designed to be very easy to navigate and use. I have installed a forum before but never a wiki so it's a nice learning curve. Yesterday I taught my self how to insert a logo image into the wiki and enable image uploads for posts.

Anyway. check it out if you get the time. I'd love to know what you think positive or negative.

Warm regards,

Bronze.

Damo.

Re: Name dropper, toot toot.

Post by Damo. » 26 July 09 11:47 am

Nice one! I saw you talking about Rathmines elsewhere and thought it was something to do with one of those open-cut mines in the Hunter.
Was pleasantly surprised when I saw where it actually was. Looks like a lovely place to live.

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 26 July 09 1:03 pm

Yes it is a beautiful spot. We are very lucky indeed. Managed to snavel a place here that had been overpriced on the market for years and then when it finally came down we were there.

Here's a flash earth in case others don't know where Rathmines is.

http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=-33.0448 ... =0&src=msl

Thanks for taking the time.

B.

SG-3
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by SG-3 » 26 July 09 8:46 pm

Very nice! (Both the place, and the site!)

Calypso62

Post by Calypso62 » 27 July 09 2:06 pm

AAAAHHHHHHHH......... beautiful Lake Macquarie!!!! We have a place at Gwandalan and I regularly sail on that magnificent waterway. It is a true gem!! :D

SA_ParrotHead
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by SA_ParrotHead » 27 July 09 3:40 pm

Nice site and I wish more communities would go to this end to promote themselves. There are some really nice communities that are not promoted and it can be difficult trying to find out anything about them. Having organised several caching events we knew where we wanted to hold the events but trying to find halls, accomodation, dining etc can be difficult. It's a shame too because they have so much to offer when you finally track it all down-usually after several days making phone calls. So nice site and quite informative. Easy to read and navigate which I like when looking at web sites.
Cheers Mrs P. :)

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 27 July 09 9:28 pm

Good stuff, nice and clean, simple to use, all good things.

As for the Wiki, I can tell you, MediaWiki is on my list of things I really don't like right at this moment :lol:

I hope the community really get behind it!