Songs following a cache.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
calumphing_four
1600 or more caches found
1600 or more caches found

Songs following a cache.

Post by calumphing_four » 21 May 09 10:23 pm

Have you even done a cache, returned to the geomobile and a rather appropriate song is playing on the radio :?:
Last week I did a cache at night (that bugged me during the day due to muggle problems whenever I stopped).
As I turned the car radio back on, after doing it, The Rolling Stones song "Undercover of the night" was playing :o
Yesterday I did a Mad May cache (you have to be in Adelaide to apprepriate these :twisted: ), and as I turned the car radio back on, after doing it, Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust" started playing. :o :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know I'll have that song stuck in the head when I log the next Mad May cache.
Cheers 8)

GhostGums
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by GhostGums » 21 May 09 10:58 pm

Wasn't caching, but got in the car yesterday and switched the ipod onto shuffle and the first song to come up was "A hard rain is gonna fall" by Bob Dylan. I think we got about 300mm for the day! :shock:

Jardry
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found
Twitter: Jardry

Post by Jardry » 21 May 09 11:05 pm

Did a church multi in Loxton and scored a FTF to boot.
When I returned to the cachemobile and turned the radio on the song being played was My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.
I thought it very appropriate timing.

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 22 May 09 2:26 pm

Pre caching days, but sort of relevant...

I was driving across the Hay Plains and was approaching a thunderstorm, so I turned on the radio to see if there was anything on the news about it.

Scanning through the mostly empty FM band, I came across the local ABC Classic station which was playing Ride of the Valkyries.

So, I cranked it up and had Wagner DahDahDAHdah-ing majestically as I drove through the torrential rain and lighting and thunder all around me!

Magic.

I do occasionally sing a bit of U2 while I'm searching for a cache and getting close to decoding the clue. I bet you know which song...

Agent Basil
2500 or more caches found

Post by Agent Basil » 22 May 09 5:59 pm

Papa Bear_Left wrote:Pre caching days, but sort of relevant...

I was driving across the Hay Plains and was approaching a thunderstorm, so I turned on the radio to see if there was anything on the news about it.

Scanning through the mostly empty FM band, I came across the local ABC Classic station which was playing Ride of the Valkyries.

So, I cranked it up and had Wagner DahDahDAHdah-ing majestically as I drove through the torrential rain and lighting and thunder all around me!

Magic.

I do occasionally sing a bit of U2 while I'm searching for a cache and getting close to decoding the clue. I bet you know which song...
Hmmmmm, let me guess - from the Joshua Tree album perhaps ?

"I still haven't found.... what I am looking for........."

I sing another U2 song a lot as I'm stuck in the middle of the bush, by myself, wondering whether to continue over a cliff.

"Sometimes, you can't make it on your own!"

Freddo

Post by Freddo » 22 May 09 9:43 pm

Cacheberry allows you to assign a mpg file as the approach alarm. At the moment when I get to within 15m of a cache the Blackberry lets forth with The Podcacher Pump. Not very stealth but awesome all the same.

Freddo

Post by Freddo » 22 May 09 9:47 pm

I am driving done a road. I see a heart shaped lake on the GPS. At that exact moment a voice on the radio says "Well I love it". You know the lady on Macca's ABC sunday morning program.

You just have to place a cache don't you.

Rabbitto
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Rabbitto » 24 May 09 3:42 pm

Jardry wrote:Did a church multi in Loxton and scored a FTF to boot.
When I returned to the cachemobile and turned the radio on the song being played was My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.
I thought it very appropriate timing.
<p>I wouldn't have thought that that one would have reached the 5RM playlist yet :twisted:

Jardry
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found
Twitter: Jardry

Post by Jardry » 24 May 09 4:13 pm

Rabbitto wrote:I wouldn't have thought that that one would have reached the 5RM playlist yet :twisted:
5RM is much more preferable than Tragic FM

I think they also played We're On The Road to Nowhere by Talking Heads whilst on the way to a cache!!

5RM is the #1 radio station to listen to whilst caching in the Riverland!!

team waldron

Post by team waldron » 24 May 09 6:59 pm

Not cache related but this morning at 6.15 while driving the eldest daughter to work "Have You Ever Seen The Rain" was playing as it was bucketing down.

kggy
2100 or more geocaches found
2100 or more geocaches found

Post by kggy » 24 May 09 10:51 pm

Had a similar experience recently while working out a mystery cache. The song Solutions by The Sundance Kids came on the radio.[ current top40 single] It seemed so appropriate at the time i used it in a cache, GC1R7QJ.

ADV
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by ADV » 25 May 09 12:05 pm

Very clear memory of returning from a cache along a beach front and The Drifters coming on the radio with "Under the Boardwalk", which was exactly where it was, and "down by the sea" too!

backPAQer

Post by backPAQer » 25 May 09 11:17 pm

OK...I've got one that you'll NEVER get out of your heads!!!

Tracking Treasure Down

Geof
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Re: Songs following a cache.

Post by Geof » 26 May 09 2:44 pm

calumphing_four wrote:and as I turned the car radio back on, after doing it, Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust" started playing. :o :lol: :lol: :lol:
?hsub neerg gnikool egnarts a rednu neddih ti saW

If
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Another song I can't get outa my head !!

Post by If » 26 May 09 6:57 pm

backPAQer wrote:OK...I've got one that you'll NEVER get out of your heads!!!

Tracking Treasure Down
Oh now you've done it :twisted:
That song's going to stick in me 'ead like a hard drive magnet to a steel girder :P

Surprisingly it's actually quite a good song :D

Not a GPS in sight during the video, but some of the confused expressions seem to indicate that they were using a dash mounted TomTom and heading the wrong way down a one way street :shock: