map60 loading into memory card

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
MalanDi
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

map60 loading into memory card

Post by MalanDi » 03 March 09 10:10 pm

Recently I read a post stating it was possible to load ALL of the waypoints of ALL caches in Australia onto the Memory card on the Map60. Is this feasable and if so how is it done.
I have a 1GB card fitted.
M.

gibbo003
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by gibbo003 » 04 March 09 8:43 pm

I think TeamGeoPlesk had this on his 60CSX.

Dooghan

Post by Dooghan » 04 March 09 10:12 pm

Over Xmas I loaded a couple of thousand of Brisbane caches as POI (points of interest). I used GSAK to export them to the POI directory on the SD card. I didn't really like it as I couldn't see the caches on the screen until I got down to the 120m zoom level. Just made it hard to see other near by caches at that level. I could do searchers on the list which I did a lot of. I think that would be the only to do for what you want

gypsycacher
750 or more caches found
750 or more caches found

Post by gypsycacher » 05 March 09 7:45 am

Dooghan wrote:Over Xmas I loaded a couple of thousand of Brisbane caches as POI (points of interest).
yep, I have all of SA, some Vic and some NSW loaded in this way (using GSAK and garmin POI loader)
I didn't really like it as I couldn't see the caches on the screen until I got down to the 120m zoom level.
not sure on your GPS but you can (on the 60csx at least) set this level to whatever you like... on the open road I set mine to 5km (all caches within 5k show), in built up areas I set it to 800m or less in urban areas.....

as most of my caching is rurally based this system works well but in Brisbane I can see how it'd be less enjoyable using it :)

gypsycacher
750 or more caches found
750 or more caches found

Post by gypsycacher » 05 March 09 7:57 am

to answer you initial question about how it is done, I'm sure there are numerous threads/posts on here about how to do it if you want to search... additionally I found this blogger link useful as it deals with the 60csx...

gsak-export-to-garmin=gpsmap-60-csx

Dooghan

Post by Dooghan » 05 March 09 7:32 pm

gypsycacher wrote:not sure on your GPS but you can (on the 60csx at least) set this level to whatever you like... on the open road I set mine to 5km (all caches within 5k show), in built up areas I set it to 800m or less in urban areas.....
I've got a 60SCx also. I had my map points set to low. I didn't know how to change at the time. I can't say I looked to hard at the time either for the option. I've found out now.