cache contents ?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Agent Basil
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Agent Basil » 09 February 09 5:42 pm

Thanks for the responses. All good stuff.

I have been shopping! Spent wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy over $25 but enough for about 10 caches. ACT cachers, you'll get a chance to judge in the next few days !

Studit

Post by Studit » 09 February 09 10:17 pm

Knot_gillty wrote:
Wingaap wrote:
Mr Router wrote:you place a cache chock full of goodies (radios , torches you get the picture) and you come back in a couple of months to read logs and cache check.
And low and be hold cache near empty except feathers, marbles and best of all, hand towels :!: :shock:
Nothing feels warmer than to read a log saying left marble, took scanning radio :twisted:

If you find something you want, swap fair or dont swap at all :idea: :wink:
Couldnt agree more!
I also agree.

I've got a themed cache where it's only a stubbie holder one. Fair enough, it's not for the kids but i'm sure there are kids out there who DO use stubbie holders even if it is for their juice!!

In my other caches i try to place half kids things and half things that mum or dad might like. Kmart has cheap tape measures, screw driver sets etc etc.
Me too.
<br><br>
I'm putting a couple of caches together and I have realised that once they're up and running the contents are basically out of my control.<br><br>
On your cache page make sure you ask for quality swaps only.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 10 February 09 8:29 am

Studit wrote:On your cache page make sure you ask for quality swaps only.
Just being cynical here, but if you point this out on your cache page, be prepared for the vultures who hone in on quality caches, nab all the goodies in the first couple of finds and leave rubbish or nothing.

My experience has taught me that anything I leave out in the bush is essentially free for the taking, so I've gotten over the quality of swaps that people make.

Studit

Post by Studit » 10 February 09 8:00 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
Studit wrote:On your cache page make sure you ask for quality swaps only.
Just being cynical here
Cynicism arises from experience. I have learnt that 1st hand.