Travel Bug - No attachments

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
rav 4 raiders
550 or more Caches found
550 or more Caches found

Travel Bug - No attachments

Post by rav 4 raiders » 15 June 04 8:54 pm

We recently found TB tags with no attachments. E-mailed the owner asking if owner would like to send replacement attachment or for us to replace it. Response was that tags had been released without any attachment.

Sort of takes the fun out of it?

Any thoughts :roll:

Alby

Tags

Post by Alby » 15 June 04 8:59 pm

There are a few itemless Bugs out there!! Never had anyone question mine! Here he is http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=988

Devar
900 answers to the unknown mysteries of life
900 answers to the unknown mysteries of life
Twitter: Devar

Post by Devar » 15 June 04 9:08 pm

Well there are all kind of TBs, from plain ol-tag to monsterous-tag-and-attachment-that-requires-its-own-container. Is just variety. :)

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 15 June 04 9:42 pm

So if you release a bug without a tag how does someone log it? It wants the magic number, unless you stick that on the bug somewhere.

Or are you saying release the tags with no bug attached?

rav 4 raiders
550 or more Caches found
550 or more Caches found

Re: Tags

Post by rav 4 raiders » 15 June 04 9:48 pm

Alby wrote:There are a few itemless Bugs out there!! Never had anyone question mine! Here he is http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=988
Alby but your TB tags are attached to something.
The one that we picked up was just the tags.
No dramas in doing this but I thought half of the point was to have the TB attached to something.
The owner of the tags advised they were just too lazy to attach the Tags to anything.[/b]

TEAM LANDCRUISER

Post by TEAM LANDCRUISER » 15 June 04 10:00 pm

<font color="blue"><font face="verdana"><b>We recently picked up a U.S. poor man's version of a TB it has no TB tag, but a tag with an email address and website where you can email the owner and they update thier own bug pages. Are these somethng new or are there more around?<p>http://lkdllink.lkdllink.net/~wicket/index.htm

BeccaJ
100 or more tracks walked

Post by BeccaJ » 16 June 04 9:32 am

I picked up a hitchhiker that didn't have TB tags when we were up in NSW.

All he had was a little laminated card around his neck saying that he'd like to travel Australia. No owner details or anything on the card. I sent the owner a courtesy email to say where the hitchhiker was at, but I guess no others would know how to pass this on.

Team Pathfinder
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found

Post by Team Pathfinder » 16 June 04 9:52 am

TEAM LANDCRUISER wrote:<font color="blue"><font face="verdana"><b>We recently picked up a U.S. poor man's version of a TB it has no TB tag, but a tag with an email address and website where you can email the owner and they update thier own bug pages. Are these somethng new or are there more around?<p>
A couple of years back Lyn Pat & Nathan (WA) release a group of Gnomes with individual handmade tags to travel the world - if I remember right they where part of "The DNA Experience - Gnomes Holiday" cache.

Alby

Re: Tags

Post by Alby » 16 June 04 10:35 am

rav 4 raiders wrote:
Alby wrote:There are a few itemless Bugs out there!! Never had anyone question mine! Here he is http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=988
Alby but your TB tags are attached to something.
The one that we picked up was just the tags.
No dramas in doing this but I thought half of the point was to have the TB attached to something.
.[/b]
There shouldn't be on zippo!! OOPS!!! Seems you are right-Just went back over his logs :oops:
Last edited by Alby on 16 June 04 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alby

tb

Post by Alby » 16 June 04 10:36 am

Seems you are right!! I just went back over the logs!~ :oops:

dcr

Post by dcr » 16 June 04 11:35 am

BeccaJ wrote:I picked up a hitchhiker that didn't have TB tags when we were up in NSW.
I have also found a Hitch hiker Dubbo Duck who works on the email the owner system.
cheers Darren :)