[OT] Is it HOT enough for youse?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
ozzie-jeeper
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by ozzie-jeeper » 29 January 09 1:16 pm

Not three bad up here..... :D

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/IDCJD ... test.shtml

gotta love being at 1000Mt above sea level.

GeoScrubers
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by GeoScrubers » 29 January 09 2:08 pm

ozzie-jeeper wrote:Not three bad up here..... :D

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/IDCJD ... test.shtml

gotta love being at 1000Mt above sea level.
<p>
....and in 6 months time it will look like this again... 8) ..<p>
Image<p>
8)

ozzie-jeeper
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by ozzie-jeeper » 29 January 09 2:46 pm

YEAH! have has snow the last 3 years on my place at "the Summit", last years snow was the best (by local standards).. cant wait!..... I had a minus 13 one morning last year!.still had ice on the ground at 10am in shady areas!.. now that is just COLD!

SamCarter
1400 or more caches found

Post by SamCarter » 29 January 09 4:26 pm

I notice that Marcus Vitruvius (and also Craig D.) are very close to completing the 5/5 complete Well-Rounded Cacher challenge. However, there are but two and a bit days left, and they are Victorians, so it is likely to be two and bit days of hot and horrible weather. A check of the plot suggests that both of them somehow have to manage a D5/T4.5 in that. Take care, guys.

Team Wibble
2100 or more geocaches found
2100 or more geocaches found

Post by Team Wibble » 29 January 09 4:39 pm

Well, looks like Adelaide's temperature today may have peaked at "only" 43.4 degrees.

Which means the last three days have been 43.2, 45.7 and 43.4.

And the next seven days are forecast 42, 40, 40, 39, 38, 38, 40.

I'm actually missing the found logs on my owned caches and watchlists. Everything's gone oddly quiet....

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 29 January 09 5:03 pm

SamCarter wrote:I notice that Marcus Vitruvius (and also Craig D.) are very close to completing the 5/5 complete Well-Rounded Cacher challenge. However, there are but two and a bit days left, and they are Victorians, so it is likely to be two and bit days of hot and horrible weather. A check of the plot suggests that both of them somehow have to manage a D5/T4.5 in that. Take care, guys.
The only active D5/T4.5 is in Queensland so they're probably off there this weekend which should give them a break from our stupid heat.

stealth_ninja_penguin
1000 or more caches found

Post by stealth_ninja_penguin » 29 January 09 5:13 pm

A couple of years ago Nomad and I had a caching weekend where it was something like 42 one day and 39 the next. We were at the first cache of the day at 1st light (or just before) and cached until 11am before we ran away to the A/C 8) We still managed to find around 35 caches that w/e.

One hot morning, just on first light, we were leaving a cemetery after finding a cache . The poor lady on her early morning walk wasn't expecting to see anyone in the cemetery at that time so as she walked around the corner and found 2 shadows looking back at her....well.. I think she went home to change her pants.

Actually, Australia is the place where I have experienced the hottest and coldest temperatures. Renmark 47 degrees (BOM) and Canberra -12 degrees (said the guy on the radio @ 5am as I was driving down to the snow). I don't want to sound like 'you know who' :wink: but my experience of the Antarctic and Arctic was warmer than Canberra.

Craig

Post by Craig » 29 January 09 5:40 pm

SamCarter wrote:I notice that Marcus Vitruvius (and also Craig D.) are very close to completing the 5/5 complete Well-Rounded Cacher challenge. However, there are but two and a bit days left, and they are Victorians, so it is likely to be two and bit days of hot and horrible weather.
Because of some procrastination on my behalf I've been out caching the last two evenings, and will be heading out again in another hour :shock:
caughtatwork wrote:The only active D5/T4.5 is in Queensland so they're probably off there this weekend which should give them a break from our stupid heat.
Unfortunately I still have unfinished business here in Victoria, so will be soaking up the heat all day Saturday :twisted:

Adrian Mc

Post by Adrian Mc » 29 January 09 6:19 pm

I though t I had knocked off for the day and could sit back and enjoy the A/C but then I get an emergency call to go and climb on someones tin roof to fix a leak from their evap A/C.

Not quite a cat on a hot tin roof but close.

And then I get home to find a heat distressed possum on the driveway close to karking it.

Fun times in this weather :?

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 29 January 09 10:00 pm

Hope you Adelaideians managed some sleep last night! The place I was in before I moved back to Sydney was a half house, north side, so all outside walls face north. No air con. I don't think sleeping inside would have been an option!

So anyone going camping up north this weekend? :lol:

If
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Hot hot hot

Post by If » 30 January 09 12:05 am

Well I have just put up with a week of Briz-vegas' 30 degrees and 80+ percent humidity, as we do every year.
Gimme Adelwaide's 40+ and no humidity any day :D

I will now poke my tongue out at you all and head for the very civilised climates of the apple isle for the rest of summer :P

stealth_ninja_penguin

Re: Hot hot hot

Post by stealth_ninja_penguin » 30 January 09 12:32 am

If wrote:I will now poke my tongue out at you all and head for the very civilised climates of the apple isle for the rest of summer :P
Tassie just had their hottest day on record. 41.5 degrees on Flinders Island.

The globe is warming alright. Soon all the polar bears will be dead. YAY! :P :P :wink:

SamCarter

Post by SamCarter » 30 January 09 7:03 am

stealth_ninja_penguin wrote: The globe is warming alright. Soon all the polar bears will be dead. YAY! :P :P :wink:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the penguins won't be doing too well either. :(

nomad_penguin
2000 or more caches found
2000 or more caches found

Post by nomad_penguin » 30 January 09 8:36 am

SamCarter wrote:
stealth_ninja_penguin wrote: The globe is warming alright. Soon all the polar bears will be dead. YAY! :P :P :wink:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the penguins won't be doing too well either. :(
Penguins have nothing to do with it, or do they? ...

Don't worry about penguins; our spaceships are at the ready to leave at any time.

(from 'Evil Penguins: When Cute Penguins Go Bad' by Elia Anie. Sorry for the poor image; the scanner is somewhere toward the bottom of the half-painted igloo.)

gibbo003
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by gibbo003 » 30 January 09 11:31 am

What do you know Darwin is the coolest Capital in Australia for today But we all ready knew that.

Forecast for Friday
Cloudy with squally monsoonal showers. One or two storms mainly overnight.
Moderate to fresh west to northwest winds, gusty at times with the showers.

Precis: Squally monsoonal showers.
Darwin: Max 29
Last edited by gibbo003 on 30 January 09 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.