The Long Way Round - TB race from South Africa to Australia

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Richary
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 01 April 09 9:11 pm

Hmmm. A point of clarification. The rules clearly state that an event cache does not count as a physical cache and is not eligible (which I guess we ignore for Challenge 15 - visit an event cache).

Now the person who found mine in SA took it to an event in Germany (which I have claimed) then moved it on to another physical cache. Can I claim that for Challenge 32 - moved by the same cacher twice?

EDIT - and yes there is a flaw in the ladders. It is showing points obtained under the column marked Challenges - as I have now claimed 3 challenges but it is showing as 12.

EDIT 2 - it is also a nuisance that the GC TB page no longer seems to have been calculating distances travelled on bugs, which will make it a manual excercise to meet the distance travelled challenges.

gd___
1600 or more caches found

Post by gd___ » 01 April 09 10:04 pm

richary wrote:Hmmm. A point of clarification. The rules clearly state that an event cache does not count as a physical cache and is not eligible (which I guess we ignore for Challenge 15 - visit an event cache).
Only physical caches count towards achieving mandatory challenges (events are not physical caches).

GhostGums
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by GhostGums » 01 April 09 10:13 pm

richary wrote:EDIT 2 - it is also a nuisance that the GC TB page no longer seems to have been calculating distances travelled on bugs, which will make it a manual excercise to meet the distance travelled challenges.
There is a drop down menu on the TB page, which you can select recalcuate distance and fixes it up. :D

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 01 April 09 10:42 pm

richary wrote:EDIT - and yes there is a flaw in the ladders. It is showing points obtained under the column marked Challenges - as I have now claimed 3 challenges but it is showing as 12.
Heading is now Challenge Points :-)
EDIT 2 - it is also a nuisance that the GC TB page no longer seems to have been calculating distances travelled on bugs, which will make it a manual excercise to meet the distance travelled challenges.
That's a bummer. Please try as suggested and see if that recalculates.

Richary

Post by Richary » 02 April 09 12:14 am

Thanks C@W. Hopefully a nice easy coding fix on that one unlike some of the others we throw your way :shock:

No luck though GhostGums finding the dropdown box on the TB page, have noticed it has been doing this (not reporting distances) for a couple of weeks on others I have placed.

gd___

Post by gd___ » 02 April 09 10:00 am

It's at the bottom of the "Trackable Item Options" box and displays the default option of "Mark item missing"

and it worked for my coin.

Richary

Post by Richary » 02 April 09 8:18 pm

Thanks that worked. So now logged as moved by the same cacher twice which puts me in the lead. Stop the competition! :twisted:

Studit

Post by Studit » 03 April 09 11:16 am

<a href="http://www.geocaching.com/track/details ... ">Studit's Lucky TB Racer</a>
moved from
<a href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... ">Capetown TB Hotel</a>
to <a href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 230">Sgnal Hill</a>
by me. Appropriate notations made.
<p></p>
Can I claim a challenge for this move?

cdmark
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by cdmark » 03 April 09 6:07 pm

We have done the same with the kid's TB's (GeoJnr and GeoTilly).

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 03 April 09 7:31 pm

If they got moved and you didn't move them, they just didn't get updated on the page, well if you can make a claim, go for it.

The Spindoctors

Post by The Spindoctors » 14 April 09 10:39 pm

Seems to be a problem with the delete function on the game. I think the form is submitting to a broken URL (http://cachinggames.com/venividivici//lwr/logdelete.php)

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 14 April 09 11:17 pm

Spindoc Bob wrote:Seems to be a problem with the delete function on the game. I think the form is submitting to a broken URL (http://cachinggames.com/venividivici//lwr/logdelete.php)
:oops: Please try again.

The Spindoctors

Post by The Spindoctors » 14 April 09 11:20 pm

All good - cheers.

delboy1203
300 or more found
300 or more found
Twitter: delboy1203

Post by delboy1203 » 15 April 09 11:22 am

It's seems that my TB was moved again without being logged. It was 'grabbed' by a cacher this weekend past from a different cache again! (Not TB Hotel or Signal Hill but Wash Houses - GC1J4CF)

emkey

Post by emkey » 02 May 09 7:44 pm

Hi.

My TB was moved from Cape Town TB Hotel to Signal Hill without being logged. I didn't update the log on the page by myself in time (as suggested by Studit & cdmark) and my TB is already logged somewhere in Netherland (as moved from TB Hotel, although it was moved from Signal Hill).

Is there a way I still could insert my log (move from TB Hotel to Signal Hill)? And, is this necessary to clam a challenge?

greetings from Slovenia,
emkey