where to put your incar GPSr

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
KevL
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found
Twitter: Grumpykev

Post by KevL » 26 January 09 2:49 pm

I have mine in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. It obscures nothing. It also requires less time to check than one mounted in the dash.
Perhaps our roads ,intersections and signage could be simplified to less reflect a pile of spaghetti and then nav units would not be so necessary?

I feel the trouble today is the public/ media expects some sort of response from the powers that be whenever something happens. This leads to some mind-boggling crazy changes.
For eg, some teen kids drive along a road with a speed limit 100kph at 160kph. They crash. The inevitable response from government will be to reduce the speed limit. The fact that the car would not have crashed had the drivers been obeying the existing limit seems to escape them. The problem wasn't the speed limit, but that's what gets changed.
You can't legislate for idiots. You can't idiot proof the world. It has been shown many times that superior idiots arrive as soon as some idiot proofing is performed.

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 28 January 09 10:55 pm

mark_rattigan wrote:I am in favour of enforcement in this regard, as well as all 'trinkets' hanging from rear vision mirrors. The driver's field of vision must be clear from obstructions.
<p>I especially agree about trinkets, especially the sparkly prism ones. They are distracting enough in the car behind flashing colours at you all the time. They must be really distracting for the driver.