ammo cans

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
kurrrajong kid

ammo cans

Post by kurrrajong kid » 16 January 09 8:04 pm

was wondering where can you buy ammo cans in NSW? particually around the hawkesbury or close by?

Re: ammo cans

Post by Guest » 16 January 09 9:33 pm

jay.trent wrote:was wondering where can you buy ammo cans in NSW? particually around the hawkesbury or close by?
People usually get them from army disposal stores for about ~$7, or at least that's what the local disposal store flogs them for last time I checked.

GammaPiSigma
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by GammaPiSigma » 16 January 09 10:17 pm

Jay,

Try the Annaconda store on Mulgoa Rd at Penrith (in the same centre as Bunnings, Harvey Norman). I know they sell them at Auburn so maybe they sell them at Penrith.

Cheers,
Michael.

Post by Guest » 16 January 09 11:10 pm

GammaPiSigma wrote:Try the Annaconda store on Mulgoa Rd at Penrith (in the same centre as Bunnings, Harvey Norman). I know they sell them at Auburn so maybe they sell them at Penrith.
Ummm I didn't know they moved Penrith up near the Hawkesbury :)

gd___
1600 or more caches found
1600 or more caches found

Post by gd___ » 16 January 09 11:55 pm

delta_foxtrot2 wrote:
GammaPiSigma wrote:Try the Annaconda store on Mulgoa Rd at Penrith (in the same centre as Bunnings, Harvey Norman). I know they sell them at Auburn so maybe they sell them at Penrith.
Ummm I didn't know they moved Penrith up near the Hawkesbury :)
I'd say Penrith's close enough to the Hawksberry to call it "near" without having to move it. Half the town is built on the riverbanks.

Post by Guest » 17 January 09 12:36 am

gd___ wrote:I'd say Penrith's close enough to the Hawksberry to call it "near" without having to move it. Half the town is built on the riverbanks.
Except most people associate the hawksberry river with the Brooklyn/southern central coast area, and a train station named Hawkesbury River, not western Sydney.

zactyl

Post by zactyl » 17 January 09 5:41 am

delta_foxtrot2 wrote:
gd___ wrote:I'd say Penrith's close enough to the Hawksberry to call it "near" without having to move it. Half the town is built on the riverbanks.
Except most people associate the hawksberry river with the Brooklyn/southern central coast area, and a train station named Hawkesbury River, not western Sydney.
Geez you crap on d_f... :roll: :P
I'm not sure where you get your "most people" statistics from, how many did you ask?! Personally, I thought of the area around Richmond, as my sister went to university at the Hawkesbury Campus there. Kurrajong is 10km away, so I'm guessing that's probably where he meant.
If you're going to be a smart arse, at least do it properly. :wink:

kurrrajong kid

Post by kurrrajong kid » 17 January 09 8:26 am

ok thanks. I'll give anaconda a call.
And yes i count penrith as near the hawkebury. Its 30 minutes away from kurrajong.

CaleD
100 or more tracks walked

Post by CaleD » 17 January 09 11:24 am

This could sound quite stupid considering that you're buying ammo cans, but remember to shop around. One of the local places that I first went to (a disposals store) was selling one ammo can for $16. After looking around (and getting a bit of help from the forums), I was pointed to a place that sold 5 for $20.

Don't assume that the first price is the best price!

Post by Guest » 17 January 09 11:44 am

zactyl wrote:I'm not sure where you get your "most people" statistics from, how many did you ask?!
Depends what train line you're on then, then doesn't it.

CaleD

Post by CaleD » 17 January 09 12:37 pm

Not really, no. The train line you're on doesn't change that fact that Kurrajong is still x kilometers from the Hawkesbury.

2dudez
1100 or more caches found
1100 or more caches found

Post by 2dudez » 17 January 09 1:13 pm

delta_foxtrot2 wrote:
zactyl wrote:I'm not sure where you get your "most people" statistics from, how many did you ask?!
Depends what train line you're on then, then doesn't it.
Yet another thread "Derailed"..... The OP wanted advice on ammo cans, not a lesson on the Public Transport system.

Post by Guest » 17 January 09 2:39 pm

2dudez wrote:Yet another thread "Derailed"..... The OP wanted advice on ammo cans, not a lesson on the Public Transport system.
In this case the problem was with the original question, using a river as a "land mark" is a bad idea, as it can mean different things to different people depending what part of the river they cross or go near the most.

Wikipedia states the Hawksberry starts at Goulburn and dumps out into the sea north of Sydney.

Facitman
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

Post by Facitman » 17 January 09 4:32 pm

OR

:roll:

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 17 January 09 4:58 pm

Facitman wrote:Image

OR