Just wanted to tell someone!

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
The Silver Snitch
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found

Just wanted to tell someone!

Post by The Silver Snitch » 14 December 08 9:10 pm

This is not the spot I know, but.... yesterday, literally up the road from us, was a headon collision and we lost a friend! She was only 45 and left behind her two sons, 15 and 11 and her husband! She wasn't at fault. You can be careful and do all the right things and .......... be gone in an instant.
Please be careful over this silly season and give your loved ones a hug, because you or they, might just walk out the door on and errand, like she did, and never come back. You might not get a chance to say good-bye or I love you, or I'm proud of you ever again. Please everyone be careful of the other driver!! He wasn't drunk, just young, (with bald tyres!!), and lost control
:cry: :cry:

angermanagement
550 or more Caches found
550 or more Caches found

Post by angermanagement » 14 December 08 9:21 pm

I am sorry for the loss of your friend and for the sorrow of the family and friends affected by this accident.

<br><br>
As someone who works in a hospital and cares daily for the people who do survive car accidents, I concur with the silver snitch, be careful this silly season.<br><br>
Even if you survive the accident it can have a lasting impact on your life and that of your loved ones.
<br><br>
Have a safe and merry christmas everyone.

Re: Just wanted to tell someone!

Post by Guest » 15 December 08 12:43 am

The Silver Snitch wrote:You can be careful and do all the right things and .......... be gone in an instant.
Sorry for your loss, the risk might increase this time of year, but the same thing can happen to anyone at any time though.
He wasn't drunk, just young, (with bald tyres!!), and lost control
It's unfortunate that people have been trained so well to assume speed and alcohol are the primary/only causes of accidents.

listmaker
700 or more Caches found
700 or more Caches  found

Post by listmaker » 16 December 08 1:30 pm

I'm so sorry. What a terrible waste, and a dreadful loss for her family and friends.

MADSTARS
650 or more caches found
650 or more caches found

Post by MADSTARS » 21 December 08 6:02 am

There are too many idiots on the road...

Sorry for your loss.

It doesnt matter how well you drive its about what idiot is out there.

Thanks for the wake up call. Im driving to Queensland today and it has sent a chill up my back. I will be extra careful.

Thanks for your warning.

Alansee
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Alansee » 22 December 08 4:50 pm

MADSTARS wrote:There are too many idiots on the road...

Sorry for your loss.

It doesnt matter how well you drive its about what idiot is out there.

Thanks for the wake up call. Im driving to Queensland today and it has sent a chill up my back. I will be extra careful.

Thanks for your warning.
Unfortunately it is often not idiots. Roads are inherantly dangerous and accidents do happen.

I am sure that we must have lost some geocachers to road accidents and that is why I have put out a few caches just off main highways - to give us a short break and aid our concentration.

I have also throroughly appreciated others who have done the same along highways, such as the Hume and Bruce. Thanks people.