Geocaching is on All Saints

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Marcus Vitruvius
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by Marcus Vitruvius » 29 November 08 9:45 am

That was great. Thanks Red Ninja. It was interesting that the script writers didn't just stop at mentioning 'geocaching'. The script probed a bit more to inform the viewers of what 'geocaching' is.

rhinogeo
2700 or more caches found
Twitter: rhinogeo

Post by rhinogeo » 29 November 08 12:30 pm

I bit of playing around in iMovie this morning and voila :wink: <br>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rhnw1_lc-Ls&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rhnw1_lc-Ls&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

wombles
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by wombles » 29 November 08 1:38 pm

Thanks for that! I always watch All Saints and I fell asleep watching it this week! The next day some friends were telling me "They were doing that geothingy that you do"

Red Ninja
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by Red Ninja » 29 November 08 2:20 pm

Thanks rhinogeo, I have never had to do this before so I downloaded the first ripping program I came across.... obviously a crap one. At least the people that didn't see it now can. My wife taped all saints, I don't really watch it, I was half asleep and then they start talking about geocaching so I sat up and watched the rest!

rhinogeo

Post by rhinogeo » 29 November 08 2:39 pm

Red Ninja wrote:Thanks rhinogeo, I have never had to do this before so I downloaded the first ripping program I came across.... obviously a crap one. At least the people that didn't see it now can. My wife taped all saints, I don't really watch it, I was half asleep and then they start talking about geocaching so I sat up and watched the rest!
I was actualy watching Rush at the time and am not a regular viewer of All Saints but with the help of my friends at Isohunt the video was easily obtained this morning :wink:

Team Rubik

Post by Team Rubik » 29 November 08 9:23 pm

Amy didn't find it nearly as cool as I did and before I could ask she gave me a big "NO!"

firesafe
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by firesafe » 01 December 08 9:14 am

In a case of life imitating art, here I am lying in a hospital bed with an unknown ailment/bite/sting from a geocaching trip in a local park.

Tuesday evening went into Anstey Hill looking for an elusive Zytheran cache, Wednesday lunchtime going down fast. Thursday in hospital with tubes and drugs and a right leg blistering up at a rate of knots.

Monday morning and still here - blistering has stopped moving but doesnt look good and docs dont have a definitive answer to what it is.

Stay safe out there :D :D

rhinogeo

Post by rhinogeo » 01 December 08 2:01 pm

I sent the All Saints Youtube link to some muggle friends in Dubai as an example of how geocaching's popularity is increasing

They replied suggesting I stop geocaching as it is obviously dangerous :shock:

I replied that the characters in the episodes were obviously inexperienced as the bloke didn't offer to take the doctor out to find a nearby cache :P

Post by Guest » 01 December 08 4:50 pm

rhinogeo wrote:I replied that the characters in the episodes were obviously inexperienced as the bloke didn't offer to take the doctor out to find a nearby cache :P
Not to mention a lame aussie tv show that should have died years ago... ;)

team unicycle
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found

Post by team unicycle » 05 December 08 8:44 am

The show can't be all that bad - at least they pronounce 'geocaching' correctly :lol:

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 05 December 08 10:09 am

team unicycle wrote:The show can't be all that bad - at least they pronounce 'geocaching' correctly :lol:
Says one of the 30% of Aussie cachers polled who also use the Septic pronunciation... :twisted:

penguin
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by penguin » 05 December 08 11:04 am

Bloody 'Kashers'.... :roll:

MADSTARS
650 or more caches found
650 or more caches found

Post by MADSTARS » 20 December 08 10:10 pm

Thanks rhinogeo for the video clip. All this advertising just helps us get more cachers into the fold.

The more cachers the more caches to find.