Launching Australia's First Ever Mega Event-Wagga Wagga 2010

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
baby&Mrs gopher

Re: Launching Australia's First Ever Mega Event-Wagga Wagga 2010

Post by baby&Mrs gopher » 15 February 10 10:01 pm

baby&Mrs gopher will replace all log sheets for the event and will have all our caches online.Most are away from the city and out of the main areas of activity. :mrgreen:

Hoojar
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by Hoojar » 16 February 10 8:28 am

baby&Mrs gopher wrote:baby&Mrs gopher will replace all log sheets for the event and will have all our caches online.Most are away from the city and out of the main areas of activity. :mrgreen:
Again thank you for the information. I am sure that I am not the only cacher out there curious to know!

roostaman
10000 or more caches found

Post by roostaman » 25 February 10 9:45 am

I only have a couple of Mystery caches & most are in a safe non-muggle area.

My cache "M for Mystery" is in a high muggle area & may need to be temporarily offline during the 4 days of Easter. However, it should be OK for the days leading up to the weekend & after the weekend, if travellers who solve the puzzle want to tackle it then.

Cheers all & see you at Easter,

Roostaman.

La Kedi
6000 or more caches found

Post by La Kedi » 08 March 10 8:40 am

So, I hear there are a lot of new "locationless" caches further downstream after all the flooding... Special award for the Mega will go to the person who retrieves the highest number of floataways!

Jardry
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found
Twitter: Jardry

Post by Jardry » 08 March 10 8:44 am

Whilst unfortunate, better the flooding is now than when the MEGA Event is on!!

GhostGums
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by GhostGums » 13 March 10 4:05 pm

To Riverina Geocaching, a question on camping.

Is there going to be allocated campsites at kurrajong or pick a spot anywhere when you arrive. Wanting to camp with other cachers in a group. 8)

Apologies if this has come up before but I couldn'r find it (had trouble finding the thread :(

Riverina Geocaching

Post by Riverina Geocaching » 13 March 10 4:12 pm

GhostGums wrote:To Riverina Geocaching, a question on camping.

Is there going to be allocated campsites at kurrajong or pick a spot anywhere when you arrive. Wanting to camp with other cachers in a group. 8)

Apologies if this has come up before but I couldn'r find it (had trouble finding the thread :(
We are fine tuning the final details of that request .There will not be allocated spots prior, other than ' motorhomes " having a section on their own.We will place some details of this on the page or an upcoming automated email.
Thankfully,
President.

rhinogeo
2700 or more caches found
2700 or more caches found
Twitter: rhinogeo

Post by rhinogeo » 13 March 10 4:22 pm

Big Matt and Shell
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 14 March 10 8:00 pm

rhinogeo wrote:Wow! Someone called grab1 has already attended the event :roll:
I can't see the log any more but that seems to be happening a bit as I think the new default for an event log is an attended log. It is not the first I have seen come through on my watchlist.

radionut50

Post by radionut50 » 15 March 10 6:30 am

Big Matt and Shell wrote:....I think the new default for an event log is an attended log.
Pretty easy to do that accidentally... we need to be careful here, newbies need to be shown and encouraged, not growled at or ridiculed (I realise that was not the intent of these postings, but do be careful).

Nilbog_Aus
650 or more caches found
650 or more caches found

Post by Nilbog_Aus » 24 March 10 11:01 am

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but I can't find it. :oops:

What is the latest time on Friday to arrive and not miss out on any organised activities or the Friday event registration?

We intend to leave early on Saturday morning from Sydney but keep seeing interesting caches we haven't done on some of the longer routes down. I'm pretty sure we could fill any available length of travel time with interesting cache based diversions :) .

ian-and-penny

Post by ian-and-penny » 24 March 10 11:15 am

Has anyone thought to prepare an electronic map of the area that can be used in OziExplorer?

I could give it a try but my maps are really old and most likely out of date.

Riverina Geocaching

Post by Riverina Geocaching » 24 March 10 5:37 pm

ian-and-penny wrote:Has anyone thought to prepare an electronic map of the area that can be used in OziExplorer?

I could give it a try but my maps are really old and most likely out of date.

The Committee hasnt done an electonic map .There will be a maps of Wagga and the Campsite within the Registration pack however.See if anyone else follows with a reply to the "Electronic Map". Chances are good out of about 270 teams ,someone has done it.

Nilbog_Aus wrote:I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but I can't find it. :oops:

What is the latest time on Friday to arrive and not miss out on any organised activities or the Friday event registration?

We intend to leave early on Saturday morning from Sydney but keep seeing interesting caches we haven't done on some of the longer routes down. I'm pretty sure we could fill any available length of travel time with interesting cache based diversions :) .
The event office and Registration will be open till about 5 or 6 pm on Good friday. If you arrive before that and want to complete anything in the " Registration Pack " ,you are most welcome ,even in the dark. You can still arrive after the Event Office closes and still set up camp,but will have to Register first thing Saturday morning. .All the released activities so far for Friday will include the contents of the Registration Pack and the large campfire and music from 6pm and lucky draw around 9pm .Many will be arriving Saturday thats why the 2 big nights highlights are planned for Saturday- Sunday night on the 2 stages, to give all long distance travellers a chance to see some great entertainment and ideas planned . :D

Greg
President.

La Kedi

Post by La Kedi » 24 March 10 8:01 pm

Any idea as to when we might see those puzzle caches that start in each capital city and end at Wagga published?

Riverina Geocaching

Post by Riverina Geocaching » 24 March 10 8:25 pm

La Kedi wrote:Any idea as to when we might see those puzzle caches that start in each capital city and end at Wagga published?
Unfortunately, we couldnt progress with that original idea and had to dismiss it prior to xmas. All the original teams organised to assist were emailed or phoned and explained the reasons.
We just couldnt work out a fair system in the end for all to complete in it,via their respective capital cities.There were too many teams in the end that resided in remote areas and wouldnt get to the capital city in the 2 or 3 months prior. So to be fair we changed ideas.
Saying that, on a better positive note since then, many many many more competitions and prizes have been added that will far outweigh the original idea.You will be able to thank many of the 28 sponsors , who have added to the competitions since.