Launching Australia's First Ever Mega Event-Wagga Wagga 2010

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
the farmers 5
4500 or more caches found
Location: Wagga Wagga,Riverina,NSW. Home of Australia's ......OZ MEGA WAGGA WAGGA..

Post by the farmers 5 » 04 January 09 8:45 pm

Thats what geocaching does to you after 200 finds...indecision......Is the cache on top of the bridge or under it.....on top of the cliff or half way down.....up the tree or at the base .... its amazing the imaginative places you think a cache can be ??
Dont think you should worry about the snoring part ,all the other tents will probaly have a snorer....thats life.
We would have thought it would have been cheaper to drive and have your own car.....than fly a family to Melbourne then Wagga ,then hire a car?But anyway ,you did the right thing and placed an intent to satisfy "The Ump".
Some will have committements and not be able to make it in 2010 whilst most will nominate in the last 4 months when work timetables are known.
Remember this forum is only "indicative replies",as the official entry online form comes out around April this year...2009.
So if your talking to other teams in your particular region of Australia ,please ask them to post an intent of "maybe" now ,even if their only 50% ,as it has to get listed first!

The Swaggies
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by The Swaggies » 04 January 09 9:10 pm

The Swaggies fully intend to make the trek as well. We will need on-site accommodation, motel or failing all that we will buy a cheap tent, use it and discard it. Therefore put us down for 2 adults, we are looking forward to the event. Well done on the organisation. :D

Dvixen
750 or more caches found
750 or more caches found
Twitter: Dvixen, Geowhat

Post by Dvixen » 05 January 09 5:05 pm

Eynowd and I plan to attend. :)

(Likely will need to hotel it due to back issues...)

Team Ladava
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Team Ladava » 06 January 09 9:09 am

Team Ladava are regular visitors to Wagga and certainly plan to be there for the event and have booked accommodation for 2 adults
Cheers to all the organizers

Sensible Shoes
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by Sensible Shoes » 09 January 09 10:13 pm

The Shoes and Shoes Junior are definitely interested in attending. Will look for accommodation off-site.

embi
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by embi » 09 January 09 10:19 pm

We have booked our leave from work... now just need to book a camping site... any recommendations for a powered site?

Fairly Magic
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by Fairly Magic » 09 January 09 11:43 pm

All going well, Fairly Magic (2 adults, 2jnrs) will be there Camping.

Cheers Quilter

roostaman
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by roostaman » 10 January 09 9:23 am

embi wrote:... any recommendations for a powered site?
PM sent. We are not sure about power for camping at the site, and will be discussing details with the scouts in the near future.

Roosta

Ozibags
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Ozibags » 10 January 09 9:18 pm

Count me in - 1 adult, tenting.

This may already be in the organisational plan, but it would be great to have a list of attendee cacher names (alphabetical order) with a mobile phone number in the Registration bag of goodies - or at least have a list posted in a public place at the event as soon as possible after arrival registrations have been completed. My thinking is if I wanted to catch up with a particular cacher (who I've heard or read about but haven't met), I could ring them to find them in the 500+ crowd!

I assume there is mobile coverage at the site :? My suggestion also assumes everyone has a mobile phone!

the farmers 5
Location: Wagga Wagga,Riverina,NSW. Home of Australia's ......OZ MEGA WAGGA WAGGA..

Post by the farmers 5 » 10 January 09 9:31 pm

Ozibags wrote:Count me in - 1 adult, tenting.

This may already be in the organisational plan, but it would be great to have a list of attendee cacher names (alphabetical order) with a mobile phone number in the Registration bag of goodies - or at least have a list posted in a public place at the event as soon as possible after arrival registrations have been completed. My thinking is if I wanted to catch up with a particular cacher (who I've heard or read about but haven't met), I could ring them to find them in the 500+ crowd!

I assume there is mobile coverage at the site :? My suggestion also assumes everyone has a mobile phone!
The committee will be doing that in one of the gift packs.But what will help you even more is that every person in every team will be asked to get name tag that will display their team name and first name in large print for all to read.Everyone will be encouraged to display their tags for the whole event,so it will be easier to catch up with someone this way.There is mobile phone coverage at the "Kurrajong Reserve" campsite.Thanks for intent to be here.
Last edited by the farmers 5 on 16 February 09 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GhostGums
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by GhostGums » 10 January 09 9:58 pm

Perhaps it might be worth having a seperate question / suggestions thread, as I am sure alot of people might miss some of the discussion. :)

the farmers 5

Post by the farmers 5 » 18 January 09 11:56 am

Congratulations to team "batsgonemad and his squirrel" for being the first team to nominate from Northern Ireland.Intent has been made on the Groundspeak Forum .Hopefully we can lure a team from England soon as well.

scotty_308
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by scotty_308 » 18 January 09 2:44 pm

Count me in for 2 adults and 2 kids, camping more then likely.

listmaker
700 or more Caches found
700 or more Caches  found

Post by listmaker » 22 January 09 8:47 pm

It's a long way off, but at this stage put me down for 2; definitely no camping.

Are there many motels or b & b's around the area?

the farmers 5

Post by the farmers 5 » 22 January 09 9:10 pm

Thanks for the nomination.There are over 1100 beds available in Wagga Wagga in all forms and plenty of B&B's.Try the Wagga Wagga Tourism site and its all available there.This site will also be available in one of the links on the Mega Event page .It can be a busy place at Easter so if you feel comfortable ,book early.There is a large Car Rally weekend happening on the same weekend of about 250 people for Easter 2010.
Last edited by the farmers 5 on 23 January 09 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.