Launching Australia's First Ever Mega Event-Wagga Wagga 2010

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
bbayjohn
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by bbayjohn » 19 March 09 12:04 am

bugger double post :oops: Will fix now.
paegle boy wrote:do we have 500 yet
the farmers 5 wrote:With the Orange Angels of South Australia entering on the Geocaching .Com forum last night ,the new total of 489 edged even closer to the required 500 target.
paegle boy wrote:Black Catalina told me to put them as a maybe for 4
=493
homedg wrote:My maltese cousins, pikkidiedu, who are recent caching converts will be in country at the time so count them in as well (2 people and possibly 1 doggie).
= 495 + 1 doggie
2 leg drive wrote:A MEGA event. At Easter. Sounds like a good reason to drag my relucatant caching partner out for an event. And I've got more than a year to convice her. Count us in for 3.
Should be top fun

500+ cachers in the one place. That will be mind blowing.... :shock: :o
= 498 + 1 doggie
bbayjohn wrote:Wow that makes us 500
bbayjohn = 2a + 1c
= 501 + 1 doggie

8) 8) 8) :D :D :D :) :) :) :!:
Last edited by bbayjohn on 19 March 09 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

paegle boy
1000 or more caches found

Post by paegle boy » 19 March 09 8:35 am

yes we have australia 1st mega event :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :D

paegle boy

the farmers 5
4500 or more caches found
Location: Wagga Wagga,Riverina,NSW. Home of Australia's ......OZ MEGA WAGGA WAGGA..

Post by the farmers 5 » 19 March 09 6:05 pm

Congratulations Australia ....Its a 100 % ready-set-go MEGA.

Our first goal has been achieved in reaching the 500 intended individual people to nominate to be at the Easter 2010 Mega Event.We reached the target with about 200 teams and 140 kids.The committees initial target was to get 300 by Easter 2009 ,so we are way ahead of target.More staggering is that its become the second highest viewed topic in the forums.

Under the Mega Rules the event can only be listed on the Geocaching.com site within 12 months of the date.This will be ready to go in May as there are many emails,phone calls,contracts and meetings to tidy up before we present the 4 day feast to the geocaching community.We appreciate everybodies patience in not asking whats in the itinery yet ,but we had get to" todays stage "before we could even put in place full confirmations with many groups including the Wagga Wagga City Council,Merchandise companies,many sponsors,Scouts groups and dozens more involved in the whole event.

We also anticipated that this will become a huge thing with incredible logistics and we thought positively from DAY 1 last October and booked everything accordingly.We know once its listed on the Geocaching site ,it will go out to 1 million members in worldwide weekly notifications.If we have overseas team entries now,we are very confident of many more.Thats why ,our committtee has endeavoured to to put geocaching ,Wagga Wagga ,NSW and Australia on the map with an event that will amaze all entries.The secret intinery is being kept a secret for many reasons all of which will become evident in May, as at least one dozen of the ideas have never attempted before in Mega Events.

Please keep the nominations rolling in for all the obvious reasons .Our committee will keep you informed with what we can release up till May.

Thank You Australia for all your positive and exciting intent to be at Wagga Wagga in 2010 and we can guarrantee an event of a lifetime.
Last edited by the farmers 5 on 19 March 09 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geodes

Post by Geodes » 19 March 09 6:17 pm

Well done everyone - and congratulations to the organisers. Now I need to find some maps of the area!

Oh the excitement of it all !!!!!!

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 19 March 09 8:26 pm

I wonder how many Tomorrow people will attend this event :?: :?: :lol:

fitzy_1965
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by fitzy_1965 » 19 March 09 9:29 pm

Add my name to the list as going...Sol de Lune and I are already planning our trip !!!!

See you ALL there !!

The Coffee's

Post by The Coffee's » 19 March 09 9:47 pm

Hmmm on a recount I get 499 oh well close enough Whoo Hoo 500 mega coffee beans in every event. OK whats in the itinery? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:.

Lucy
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by Lucy » 19 March 09 9:55 pm

Some of my extended family are strong possibles, as they are getting keen about the whole caching thing (must be rubbing off). That is 4a and 2k. Weak possibles another 2a and 1k. Some more arms to twist, as we usually get together to camp somewhere at easter.

The Coffee's

Post by The Coffee's » 19 March 09 10:11 pm

There is one thing I cannot wait to see and that is 500 geocachers all rushing for a FTF cache, that contains 50 log books, and will require maintenance the next day.<p>
Also whats in the Itinery?

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 19 March 09 10:21 pm

Excellent news. And there are enough caches down there I will probably look at staying a week rather than just the event weekend. Going to be great fun.

homedg
1550 or more caches found

Post by homedg » 19 March 09 11:20 pm

richary wrote:Excellent news. And there are enough caches down there I will probably look at staying a week rather than just the event weekend. Going to be great fun.
Hey Richary,
I agree. I think most travellers will spend more than a weekend and will also bring extended family and mates.

I know from our perspective we will have at least another 8-10 attendees who love camping, but are not geocachers, YET!

homedg

Post by homedg » 19 March 09 11:20 pm

richary wrote:Excellent news. And there are enough caches down there I will probably look at staying a week rather than just the event weekend. Going to be great fun.
Hey Richary,
I agree. I think most travellers will spend more than a weekend and will also bring extended family and mates.

I know from our perspective we will have at least another 8-10 attendees who love camping, but are not geocachers, YET!

paegle boy

Post by paegle boy » 20 March 09 6:34 am

this is how we do it

Big Matt and Shell
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 20 March 09 8:50 am

Mr.Coffee and the Clan wrote:There is one thing I cannot wait to see and that is 500 geocachers all rushing for a FTF cache, that contains 50 log books, and will require maintenance the next day.<p>
Also whats in the Itinery?
<P>Think of what the poor inbox for the local cachers will look like after the week? Imagine owning 25+ local caches being found by 200 people over the period. Imagine the owner logs?<P>If i had a micro I would be trying to replace it with a small now, so I could get a bigger log book into it.

paegle boy

Post by paegle boy » 20 March 09 10:43 am

big_matt wrote:If i had a micro I would be trying to replace it with a small now, so I could get a bigger log book into it.

i would so be doing that