Launching Australia's First Ever Mega Event-Wagga Wagga 2010

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Big Matt and Shell
6500 or more caches found
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Re: Launching Australia's First Ever Mega Event-Wagga Wagga 2010

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 05 April 10 3:03 pm

Mr Router wrote:
Big Matt and Shell wrote:I'm not a local but from memory that reserve may get a bit crowded. (Someone tell me if I'm talking out my ear...)
Everyone looked quiet comfortable to us :-"
That they did. Would have thought if the Routers were there they would have said hello...

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 05 April 10 4:27 pm

We had a wonder around in the hour we were there, did not see you !

Big Matt and Shell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 05 April 10 9:28 pm

We must have left before you got there. We got in at 11pm on Thursday and out by 9 on Friday.

I didn't see you all weekend. Did you enjoy yourself?

Richary
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 05 April 10 11:26 pm

It was a fantastic weekend, not only because of the amount of effort the Riverina Cachers must have put in to make it all work as smoothly as it did, the fantastic entertainment and games. But also the chance to catch up with so many people I knew from Adelaide or other places, and also all the people whose names I have seen on caches or forum posts but never had the chance to meet.

Anna and me had a great time, it was definitely worth the trip down and will be in for the next one, wherever and whenever that may be. Though the next organisers will have a hard time bettering this one.

Richary

Post by Richary » 05 April 10 11:43 pm

Also, just a hint for those that like to keep their GCA stats up to date. With the huge number of logs on some of the local Wagga caches over the weekend it is quite likely that GCA will miss some of the logs. For example I have only tonight logged GC finds from Friday and Saturday. There could well be 20 or more logs after mine that will show up in the next download GCA gets.

After doing my logging I went to GC and ran the My Finds query, imported to GSAK and ran a filter for my finds since 1/4/2010, exported a GPX (which had to be version 1.0 not 1.1 for some reason) and uploaded the GC finds to GCA. All stats are now back in sync.

Big Matt and Shell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 06 April 10 8:49 am

richary wrote:Also, just a hint for those that like to keep their GCA stats up to date. With the huge number of logs on some of the local Wagga caches over the weekend it is quite likely that GCA will miss some of the logs. For example I have only tonight logged GC finds from Friday and Saturday. There could well be 20 or more logs after mine that will show up in the next download GCA gets.
I always make it a habit to pull the page GPX through when I log a cache. I get the 20 odd logs and then once all my logs for that session are complete I pull them into GSAK and push out a single GPX file to upload into GCA. I'm assuming that this little thing helps in a small way...

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 06 April 10 8:52 am

Yes, yes they do.

The ugliest faerie has been doing a hard job over the weekend to try to keep everything up to date, but there will be stuff that slips through. The good looking faerie was out geocaching :-)

Your "my finds" or individual GPX files help to keep your stats (and everyone elses) up to date.
You can load them up at http://geocaching.com.au/my/import

Thanks for your help everyone.

homedg
1550 or more caches found

Post by homedg » 06 April 10 9:05 am

I've been running and importing an "updated in the last 7 days" PQ for the Wagga region and importing into GCA once or twice a daty to try and keep the numbers up to date for people.
i usually import the same query every day or two for around my home area as well.

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 06 April 10 9:09 am

The ugliest faerie has been doing a hard job over the weekend to try to keep everything up to date, but there will be stuff that slips through. The good looking faerie was out geocaching
Hey, watch it you!

Yes Matt and Homedg, what you are doing helps enormously.

We are going to have big holes with the Mega Event logs more than likely, so if people could run a 'my finds' query after they do all their logging and then upload it it would help us too! Already logs are flooding in dated the 4th and they get missed of the latest GPX file for the page. We are over 30 finds behind and I don't think we'll be able to get em all, but those who care about their stats will probably update their own :lol:

Mr Router

Post by Mr Router » 06 April 10 9:24 am

Big Matt and Shell wrote:We must have left before you got there. We got in at 11pm on Thursday and out by 9 on Friday.

I didn't see you all weekend. Did you enjoy yourself?
we did enjoy our wonder ! quiet an eye opener, we caught up with all our Wagga mates, even finally meet the Farmer !!
Also caught up with Liz & Bruce, this was all at lunch time Satrday, as i say we were there about an hour.

Hoojar
5000 or more caches found

Post by Hoojar » 06 April 10 10:21 am

caughtatwork wrote:Your "my finds" or individual GPX files help to keep your stats (and everyone elses) up to date.
You can load them up at http://geocaching.com.au/my/import

Thanks for your help everyone.
Every now and then Chip accidentally logs finds on caches whilst signed into my account instead of hers. She did this late last night, and I have only just now deleted the offending logs. However, they have already been imported into GCA. Is it possible to remove these logs from GCA?

I will not have the time to log my caches from the weekend until later in the week, and hence will not have an updated 'my finds' pocket query to load into the database for at least a few days.

Richary

Post by Richary » 07 April 10 6:49 pm

For those that missed the newspaper article in the Daily Advertiser onsite, or those who weren't there here is the link.

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/news/ ... 94131.aspx

Lots more photos in the print edition though.

homedg

Post by homedg » 07 April 10 8:11 pm

Try this link for plenty of photos from The Advertiser.

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/multi ... =15&page=1

:lol:

Hoojar

Post by Hoojar » 08 April 10 9:57 am

Hoojar wrote:Every now and then Chip accidentally logs finds on caches whilst signed into my account instead of hers. She did this late last night, and I have only just now deleted the offending logs. However, they have already been imported into GCA. Is it possible to remove these logs from GCA?
Unusual not to receive a prompt response from the faeries :?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 08 April 10 10:00 am

Hoojar wrote:
Hoojar wrote:Every now and then Chip accidentally logs finds on caches whilst signed into my account instead of hers. She did this late last night, and I have only just now deleted the offending logs. However, they have already been imported into GCA. Is it possible to remove these logs from GCA?
Unusual not to receive a prompt response from the faeries :?
Let me read your mind regarding which caches and which logs . . . nope, nothing coming through. You don't have a tinfoil hat on do you? Trying again . . . nope, still only getting an empty carrier wave.

Let me know which caches and which logs and I'll get them removed.