Launching Australia's First Ever Mega Event-Wagga Wagga 2010

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
monch1962

We'll be there

Post by monch1962 » 15 February 09 10:32 am

monch's mob (2 adults + 2 kids) will be there. At this stage, we'll probably be staying offsite, but that's open to change.

Looking forward to it being a great event

Cheesy pigs
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by Cheesy pigs » 21 February 09 12:25 pm

The Cheesy Pigs will be there (2 x adults, 1 x kid). Dont know where we'll be staying yet though

radionut50

Post by radionut50 » 28 February 09 10:16 am

As discussed by email with bazzanne and Roostaman, the Butterfly_Lady team made up of the Butterfly Lady and Radionut50, from Hamilton New Zealand are planning to be there. We will see if we can convince some more locals to come along also.

MADA1234

wagga mega event

Post by MADA1234 » 07 March 09 8:17 pm

Count me in for sure,,
Just one adult at the moment. MADA1234
looks like this will be a great event, besides ive still got heaps more caches to get in wagga :D
And ill stay on site too!!

team casho

Mega Event @ Wagga Waga

Post by team casho » 08 March 09 2:12 am

Team Casho hopes to be there (2a & 3c)

Krafty Charlie

Post by Krafty Charlie » 08 March 09 9:58 am

8) Looking forward to a great weekend. Count the 2 of us in!! A first for a "Mega Event". We might try and get down there a bit earlier and attempt to complete the "Bridges" series. We will probably stay off site
Krafty Charlie

paegle boy
1000 or more caches found

Post by paegle boy » 08 March 09 5:38 pm

how may are going now do we have 500 yet

ropes
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by ropes » 10 March 09 9:51 pm

Now I find out it is a scout camp...we'll just swap our stay from Bengalee Camp to Wagga Wagga...Ropes and Jumbuck intend to be there!

the farmers 5
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found
Location: Wagga Wagga,Riverina,NSW. Home of Australia's ......OZ MEGA WAGGA WAGGA..

Post by the farmers 5 » 12 March 09 8:59 pm

The latest updates on numbers are about 430 individuals,173 teams and of the 430 ,there are about 122 kids.<br>
Plenty of progress is happening each day building to an absolute thrilling release probaly in May.<br>
For those thinking of booking a motel in Wagga ,now would be a good time to think about it and probaly book,as regulars to most cities in Australia tend to book Easter to Easter.There are 1,100 available beds of all descriptions in Wagga.<br>
Those who asked about camping prior to the big 4 days,this will be all good with camping on site for 7 days prior and 7 days after for a very small nominal fee.For those who asked about any power on site.This is a Scout Camp .No powered sites are available.But i am sure those with generators will bring them.The location has everything else we need and much more than other scout camps ,that is why it has won awards.Plenty of room,flat and ideal for the Mega Event.For those who asked about Dogs.They have been given approval by Camp Kurrajong.But they will come under one of many of the rules set out in the event "Code of Conduct".<br>

We have all been studying World Mega Events past and upcoming and this will be a unique Australian version unlike anything seen around the world.There will be plenty to be involved in if you dont leave the camp and go caching at all.The event of a lifetime for kids.Many prizes,competitions ,sports , activities,events ,will be on offer,day and night.
<br>
We are not releasing any details just yet on prices,the exact itinery or the event name ,the geocoin or event logo until release day.We can tell you anything that isnt free is at a family friendly price.
<br>
With announcements made in recent weeks at events in Tassie,Wollongong,Melbourne and many others ,we know many more teams will nominate.At this stage if you are reading this and havent nominated,this forum is only for intent to help "The Ump" and us.The official online entry will be from May.So,even if you are a "maybe",please place an intent to assist all .We will be giving regular updates from now.Congratulations on all the positive replies so far ,for what will be one of the greatest gatherings of all those fantastic geocaching teams from around Australia and beyond.<br>

Cheers...Greg....President Riverina Geocaching Committee.

Wingaap

Post by Wingaap » 12 March 09 10:08 pm

I would have to be classed as a real maybe. This is one of the possible dates for my daughter's wedding. Much is to be finalised in this regard. I have let her know about this event...so maybe...just maybe I might have cause for two celebrations.

Number attending 1
Staying - possibly onsite

WaldenClan
1600 or more caches found
1600 or more caches found

Post by WaldenClan » 12 March 09 10:19 pm

The WaldenClan are very keen to attend, but this will totally depend on if I can secure holidays at the time, as this is one of the busiest times of the year in my industry. <br>
At this stage I'd say it would be a 70% chance we will be there.<br>
2 adults <br>
2 kids<br><br>

Cheers<br>
PJ<br>
WaldenClan

5commer3
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by 5commer3 » 12 March 09 10:19 pm

Seriously thinking about coming 2A maybe 2k,
Probably stay on site,

ntstrom
700 or more Caches found
700 or more Caches  found

Post by ntstrom » 13 March 09 6:48 pm

A long way off yet but at this stage will plan to attend. A shame it isnt in June this year as I will be in Wagga for a RAAF parade.

Put NTSTROM down for 2 adults at this stage. Will have to positively confirm closer to the date. Perhaps we can link up with Gibbo and possibly some other NT cachers for the trip down.

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 13 March 09 6:52 pm

Probably time the Routers say ya, we are in for 4 , thats without talking to Curly :D so book in 4 kids :lol:

Mr Router

Post by Mr Router » 13 March 09 6:56 pm

the farmers 5 wrote:The latest updates on numbers are about 430 individuals,173 teams and of the 430 ,there are about 122 kids.<br>
Plenty of progress is happening each day building to an absolute thrilling release probaly in May.<br>
For those thinking of booking a motel in Wagga ,now would be a good time to think about it and probaly book,as regulars to most cities in Australia tend to book Easter to Easter.There are 1,100 available beds of all descriptions in Wagga.<br>
Those who asked about camping prior to the big 4 days,this will be all good with camping on site for 7 days prior and 7 days after for a very small nominal fee.For those who asked about any power on site.This is a Scout Camp .No powered sites are available.But i am sure those with generators will bring them.The location has everything else we need and much more than other scout camps ,that is why it has won awards.Plenty of room,flat and ideal for the Mega Event.For those who asked about Dogs.They have been given approval by Camp Kurrajong.But they will come under one of many of the rules set out in the event "Code of Conduct".<br>

We have all been studying World Mega Events past and upcoming and this will be a unique Australian version unlike anything seen around the world.There will be plenty to be involved in if you dont leave the camp and go caching at all.The event of a lifetime for kids.Many prizes,competitions ,sports , activities,events ,will be on offer,day and night.
<br>
We are not releasing any details just yet on prices,the exact itinery or the event name ,the geocoin or event logo until release day.We can tell you anything that isnt free is at a family friendly price.
<br>
With announcements made in recent weeks at events in Tassie,Wollongong,Melbourne and many others ,we know many more teams will nominate.At this stage if you are reading this and havent nominated,this forum is only for intent to help "The Ump" and us.The official online entry will be from May.So,even if you are a "maybe",please place an intent to assist all .We will be giving regular updates from now.Congratulations on all the positive replies so far ,for what will be one of the greatest gatherings of all those fantastic geocaching teams from around Australia and beyond.<br>

Cheers...Greg....President Riverina Geocaching Committee.
Will you have supplied broadband :?: