Launching Australia's First Ever Mega Event-Wagga Wagga 2010

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Jemalong & Family
1100 or more caches found

Mega Event

Post by Jemalong & Family » 28 January 09 5:02 pm

Jemalong & Family plan to be there (at least I've got to convince the other 2 but I am sure they will come round with a bit of persuasion)

We will be 2 adults 1 child (9yrs)

and bringing a tent to camp on site.

Great organisation - well done

Riddeller

Post by Riddeller » 01 February 09 10:50 pm

I think we can make it.
At least 3 people attending.
On site accommodation would be nice.

The Riddellers :P

Pioneer 'n' Tiff

Post by Pioneer 'n' Tiff » 05 February 09 2:27 pm

Can an ex-pat qualify if the "ships come back to the shore"? :D
I have to be back in Brisbane around that time, I'll start the negotiations for an early departure

Pencil in 1 Australian returning home from Southern California. Given the distance it might be easier for me to stay in town and rent a car.

The Coffee's
4500 or more caches found

Post by The Coffee's » 05 February 09 7:11 pm

Is there an official event name yet as I need it for a mystery cache :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

roostaman
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by roostaman » 05 February 09 7:51 pm

The Committee will release the name in good time. All in good time. :roll: <br> But you would already know that as you know some people on the committee. :wink:
<br> <br>
You can submit your ideas to them via their profile
<a href ="http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid ... aefa0a8aab" >Riverina Geocaching</a> for consideration.
<br>
<br>
And especially any caches that want to be linked to the Mega event should definitely be referred to the Mega event Committee before proceeding. That way there won't be too many people doing the same thing at the same time in different states with different results.
<br>
<br>
Some of these issues have to be thought out properly so the event becomes the success that it deserves to be.<br>
We hope that everyone can keep that in mind while we carefully work out the details, because the scale of this event is much grander than any normal event.
<br>

d.d.dudes
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by d.d.dudes » 06 February 09 8:26 am

Ye har..............sounds great can you put me down for 2A and 2K with camping trailer.Will try to bat off any sideballs to get to this event............ha.Thanks :mrgreen:

jusojara
3000 or more caches found

Post by jusojara » 06 February 09 12:48 pm

This is shaping up to be a load of fun. Please put us down for 5, 3 adults and 2 kids camping.

delboy1203
300 or more found
300 or more found
Twitter: delboy1203

Post by delboy1203 » 06 February 09 1:37 pm

Do we have a count yet?
<p>
Teams? Adults? Kids? <p>
:?:

Skippy&lambchops

Post by Skippy&lambchops » 06 February 09 2:00 pm

Could you please add another adult from our team

paegle boy
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found

Post by paegle boy » 07 February 09 6:40 am

tom lambert wrote:we are organizing it, hopefully i get get my parents (peek-a-boo bear) to take me. 2 adults 1 teenager and my parents mascot peek-a-boo bear.

Thanks guys for organizing the first australian mega event. :D :o :idea: :P

you have not add him to the list

ozjeeper
950 or more random things achieved
950 or more random things achieved

Mega event attendance.

Post by ozjeeper » 09 February 09 11:31 pm

Thanks to all those involved in the organisation of this event. We (Mr & Mrs Ozjeeper) are planning to attend and will be staying in town - but we definately will not miss the campfire and evening fun.

Alansee
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Alansee » 10 February 09 9:12 am

roostaman wrote:The Committee will release the name in good time.
<br>
Time! Don't you realise that there is only one year, one month, 25 days and three hours to go? For goodness sake - get on with it! lolol :twisted:

The Coffee's

Post by The Coffee's » 14 February 09 5:13 pm

delboy1203 wrote:Do we have a count yet?
<p>
Teams? Adults? Kids? <p>
:?:
<p>
Count Dracula, Count Coffee, Count Farmer, Count Rooster. Yep a few counts. :lol:

Adnshe
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by Adnshe » 14 February 09 5:58 pm

Count us in for this event.... well we can't miss a mega event on this side of the world can we?
Coming over from NZ so will be hiring a camper. There'll be 2 adults and 1 child.
Looking forward to it!

Riverina Geocaching

Post by Riverina Geocaching » 14 February 09 7:16 pm

Well done to another friendly New Zealand team nominated for the Mega Event.

With a few enquires on numbers, we can inform all ,that the exciting tally has passed 400. This consists of over 160 teams which includes 115 kids. This tally also includes all participants on the committee.

The committee is overwhelmed with the progress to date as we know of at least 20 teams within the Greater Riverina region surrounded by Albury, Leeton, Young and the Tumut area who have not posted intents yet and probaly will. Plus many teams have stated they are bringing extras as Easter 2010 gets closer.

We have also watched the team entries from the "Top 100" caching teams on GCA and its less than 50%, so this gives us huge confidence the numbers will soar when the other keen teams enter.

Behind the scenes, our committee is working very hard although this may be invisible to all who are not aware. I can personally guarantee there are daily emails, letters, confirmations, meetings, phone conversations, and much more with sponsors, Scouts officials, catering groups,charity groups, banks, sporting groups, insurance companies, merchandise companies, Wagga Wagga Council and many more involved in the big event.

We will release the event name and thrilling itinerary as one official package when ready.

The committee is very pleased with the positive responses placed on the forum. As well, the City of Wagga Wagga has been outstanding in their generosity and support of Australia's first ever Geocaching Mega Event.

The committee will list the exciting Mega Event as a listing when its fully complete. At this stage it might be at the end of April or will be May or June if its not 100% ready to go. Any questions relating to the event will be happily answered on a daily basis once its released.
At this stage, I would like to thank personally all the committee in Wagga Wagga for a group effort that has formed a brilliant package and what we believe will be the event of a lifetime and envy of all other Mega Events.

Greg.
The Farmers 5.
President,
Riverina Geocaching Committee.