WAGGA WAGGA MEGA EVENT - Easter 2010

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.

Would you go to Wagga Wagga for the 1st MEGA Event in Australia?

Poll ended at 02 January 09 9:20 pm

YES we are going, no matter what or where it is
50%
maybe, we just don't know what we will be doing
42%
No, we won't be travelling in Easter 2010
8%

Total votes: 115

Two+Four
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by Two+Four » 04 November 08 8:05 pm

Woo Hoo, we love road trips. At this stage count us in. We have friends that live in Collingullie (just out of Wagga).
Any other takers from WA? We could form a cachers convoy. :D :D

Alansee
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Alansee » 04 November 08 8:13 pm

I don't care if it isn't a Mega Event in the end. For mine its enough that a group of dedicated cachers from a reasonably central city has decided to put on a big event and invite people from all over Australia! I'll be there.

Canberra would be fine too but the fact is that its the cachers from Wagga who have got their heads together and are doing the hard yards! (Maybe Canberra next time?)

I'd like to think too that cachers from the likes of WA, SA Qld, and Tassie can be looked after. If they don't want to fly to Wagga maybe they can fly to a closer city and be given a lift? Maybe Big Matt and his bus?

Great stuff Waggarites!

The Morris
8500 or more caches found
8500 or more caches found

Post by The Morris » 04 November 08 8:28 pm

Always hard for us to predict what Mr Morris will be doing but would hope we can there for at least some of it.
Well done on "just getting on with it" Waggabies.
We have done enough caches there to know we have to come back. Maybe even before 2010.

GhostGums
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by GhostGums » 04 November 08 8:39 pm

Its a part of Australia which I really haven't visited, though have flown over it heaps of times, so for myself and my family its an opportunity to turn it into a holiday, especially as the following week is school holidays. Some of the sights along the way include Dubbo Zoo etc.

Should be good. :D

mtbikeroz
5000 or more caches found

Post by mtbikeroz » 04 November 08 8:40 pm

Yep, would be easy for me to attend, will keep it free.
Just a further thought, it won't be a problem for Canberrans, Alburyites etc to just pop over with no real need for accommodation. But I have observed in years past when I have attended the previous GC event in Wagga and when I was passing through in previous years during Easter, I have noticed a couple of Falcon clubs and once a Jaguar event were held in Wagga as an Australian Gathering for these particular clubs. So what I'm saying is, accomodation would need to be positively booked in advance.

wasptor
1600 or more caches found
1600 or more caches found

Post by wasptor » 04 November 08 9:04 pm

I'll be there for a MEGA event! :D Ohhhh, I can just see that new icon on my profile now..... :wink:
Last edited by wasptor on 05 November 08 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Rats

Post by The Rats » 05 November 08 12:03 pm

I wouldn't miss it for quids. I'm sure I can get the Gong Gangsters together for another assault on Wagga. I think we left a few caches for our next trip there.<br>Accommadation wont be a problem, I know a good spot out by the river<p>P.S How's that caravan going Greg? :wink:

gardengorilla
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by gardengorilla » 05 November 08 12:19 pm

Two+Four wrote:Woo Hoo, we love road trips. At this stage count us in. We have friends that live in Collingullie (just out of Wagga).
Well we are new to australia and probably would plan a trip to Tasmania sometime...I would be in for a WA convoy....how far is it exactly?

SamCarter
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

Post by SamCarter » 05 November 08 12:39 pm

Hi gardengorilla

Just to help (in case something's got confused somewhere along the line, or you are really really new to Australian geography), but the event is going to be in Wagga Wagga, which is in New South Wales (about half way between the big cities of Sydney NSW and Melbourne Victoria, and relatively not far from Canberra, the nation's capital), and this is on the eastern side of Australia but a fair way inland. Tasmania (best spot on the planet) is the beautiful island state to the south of the big bit of Australia ... but the proposed event isn't there. Tassie is sort of the Newfoundland of Australia, and I think I'm entitled to say that as I've lived in both places. Western Australia is way across the western side of the country (think Vancouver, compared to Halifax ... not that Halifax is like Sydney ... although there is a Sydney in Nova Scotia ... but I digress), and it's a tad of a long way to drive, but an adventure in itself. If all this hasn't helped (highly likely), google map it!

Oh, and welcome. :D

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 05 November 08 1:27 pm

gardengorilla wrote:
Two+Four wrote:Woo Hoo, we love road trips. At this stage count us in. We have friends that live in Collingullie (just out of Wagga).
Well we are new to australia and probably would plan a trip to Tasmania sometime...I would be in for a WA convoy....how far is it exactly?
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&sadd ... 601563&z=4

Perth to Wagga Wagga.
3,482 km about 1 day 18 hours (with no rest breaks).

Ksix
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by Ksix » 05 November 08 2:14 pm

:lol: :lol: Don't forget about the "Queenslanders" :lol: :lol:

Long way to travel, but if it's going to be the first MEGA event in OZ we want to be part of it!!! :twisted:

Cheers,
Ksix
"Eat... Sleep... Geocache..."

setsujoku
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found
Twitter: BGNWP

Post by setsujoku » 05 November 08 2:18 pm

1000km from adelaide, so not too bad. Will have to see how many caches along the way to really make it worth while

Is something to work towards, though i think that a 4WD will have to be purchased between now and then :D

maccamob
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by maccamob » 05 November 08 2:25 pm

Sounds great - we plan on coming along.

Udderchaos
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by Udderchaos » 05 November 08 3:33 pm

just a question, what do you actually have in mind for the event?