Geoswag.com region description.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Bundyrumandcoke
5000 or more caches found

Geoswag.com region description.

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 31 October 08 5:33 pm

I recieved a Geoswag.com presale email today. Included in the list of coins coming on sale are Australian flag micro geocoins.

In the description, Geoswag.com states the coin is part of their EUROPEAN??? flag series. I dont know about anyone else, but I find that objectionable.

I ordered some of the coins, then sent them this.

Hello

I have just placed an order for 5 Australian Flag micro geocoins.

In the description, you state these coins are part of your European geocoin collection.

Surprisingly, Australia is no where near Europe- Austria is. Australia is probably no more part of Europe than what the United States of America is, and I'm sure all americans would protest long and loud if such a claim was made. You have, however, got the correct flag depicted for Australia.

Can you please correct the description in your online catalogue. If you wish to place Australia in some sort of world region, the Australiasia, or maybe Oceania, would be more appropriate.

Regards

David

I would urge anyone else who disapproves of such a mistake to send them an email at Support@geoswag.com

Cheers
Bundy

Team Rubik

Post by Team Rubik » 31 October 08 5:48 pm

The presale email I received had no mention of the coin being part of a European series, rather as part of a Flag series.

Marcus Vitruvius

Post by Marcus Vitruvius » 31 October 08 5:53 pm

Ditto with Rubik. No mention of being part of a European series...just flag series.

Map Monkey
1050 or more caches found
1050 or more caches found

Post by Map Monkey » 31 October 08 6:01 pm

It was mentioned on their website as "This coin is one of our "Flags of Europe" series, inspired by a European geocacher." :lol:

It is nice to see that it has its own icon at least: Image

mm

Bundyrumandcoke

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 31 October 08 6:03 pm

Follow the link to the presale page.

Cheers
Bundy

Team Rubik

Post by Team Rubik » 31 October 08 6:34 pm

So it got labelled with the wrong generic description, is it really worth emailing them over? Their presale email made it clear they know where Australia is, it's not like the gave us the Austrian flag.

Post by Guest » 31 October 08 6:54 pm

I'm surprised no one here is doing something like that, it can't be that hard to get things minted up or what ever, and we sort of have a lot of metal in the ground just waiting for someone to rip it out and mint it ;)

Not to mention the exchange rate sucks atm...

Bundyrumandcoke

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 31 October 08 7:06 pm

Ahhh, but of course, its not just about the metal, there is also the issue of those 6 letters or numbers.

Some people are willing for mistakes like this to pass by, and thats fine, if thats what they want. I am less inclined to do so.

Whether you email them or not is up to you. I just asked to do so if you object to the mistake.

Cheers
Bundy

Team Rubik

Post by Team Rubik » 31 October 08 7:09 pm

Seems like an over reaction to encourage people to contact them for such a trivial error. I'm sure they'll get your email and fix the problem, I'll thank you for alerting them on our behalf and leave it at that.

Post by Guest » 31 October 08 9:15 pm

Bundyrumandcoke wrote:Ahhh, but of course, its not just about the metal, there is also the issue of those 6 letters or numbers.

Some people are willing for mistakes like this to pass by, and thats fine, if thats what they want. I am less inclined to do so.
Well that's what I meant really, the political side of things, you are drawn to this site, but still financially support GC.com?

If
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

It works both ways. Mooo!

Post by If » 01 November 08 9:21 pm

This is exactly why I have one of these geocoins in circulation to edumacate the masses 8)

Bundyrumandcoke

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 05 November 08 6:39 am

I did recieve replies from Geoswag. The description has been changed, as shows up when the new sales email comes round.

Cheers
Bundy