It's all about the numbers.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
THENANKS
1550 or more caches found
1550 or more caches found

Post by THENANKS » 29 October 08 11:20 pm

Bla Bla Bla- Madmyers and I got witin a few of those Kiwis( 191 I think and Everlasting has a few we forgot to log ) . We were very unorganised , mainly because our other halves didn't want the family holiday ruined ( and fair enough). We had a crack with mainly the two of us searching. We nearly started off with a DNF at Beehive as well. So many times we have heard that a record attempt is happening but nothing. Have a go I say. It is good to see how your body will hold up . We had fun and that was what we set out for ( and to beat those rotten Kiwis ) "Have a go ya mugs" Cheers Mr Nanks

Rabbitto
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Rabbitto » 30 October 08 12:56 pm

team waldron wrote:There'd have to be nearly a hundred from around the Airport to Coromandel Valley and slightly further south. You'd do 50 in 2-3 hours easy assuming you were properly organised.
<p>Having just cached through Coromandel Valley, that is definitely not a cache in 7 minutes area. Beautiful area. Nice caches (though some co-ords are a little flexible shall we say) but going into the hills would kill your time.

team waldron
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by team waldron » 30 October 08 3:26 pm

I think the time saving would be in not having to park the car, get out, find, log, get back in the car and get going again.

If you were getting dropped off while someone turned the car around etc you're going to save a fair amount of time.

Plus its only a seven minute average, so some are goint to be quicker and some longer.

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 30 October 08 3:34 pm

team waldron wrote:I think the time saving would be in not having to park the car, get out, find, log, get back in the car and get going again.

If you were getting dropped off while someone turned the car around etc you're going to save a fair amount of time.

Plus its only a seven minute average, so some are goint to be quicker and some longer.
Agree but there was not to many that we found that you could do without some delay! Even simple caches such as buzz took more than a 7 minute turn around, I have my views which I shall not share :wink:

zactyl

Post by zactyl » 30 October 08 7:30 pm

Mr Router wrote:I have my views which I shall not share :wink:
But you have, and seem to keep going on and on about it... ;)

Freddo

Post by Freddo » 30 October 08 9:08 pm

Wouldn't like to be standing between Router and Buzz Lightyear.

Marcus Vitruvius
5000 or more caches found

Post by Marcus Vitruvius » 30 October 08 11:50 pm

Well...if anyone wants to put a team together and have a crack at it....I'm up for the challenge. I think it's definitely possible, the Kiwis have shown that...with a highly organised group, and a little bit of luck with muggles etc. I found 68 in a day, which included a few tree climb caches such as the 'The Tallest Tree In The Forest' (which took 30 mins), and 'Crows Nest' (another 30 mins as I met some fellow caches for a chat), and lost a couple of hours when I fell asleep between 0100 and 0300. :oops: I know I barely ate anything that day.<br><br>

I would be interested in knowing how the Kiwi's went about their run. Getting to 196 would be like turning back 10m from the top of Mt. Everest...Heartbreaking.

:cry:<br><br>

One of the most rewarding things is to get together with a group of people who all share the same interest to reach a common goal. Good luck to anyone who has a go at it.

Mr Router

Post by Mr Router » 31 October 08 3:21 pm

zactyl wrote:
Mr Router wrote:I have my views which I shall not share :wink:
But you have, and seem to keep going on and on about it... ;)
The thoughts that I am not sharing contains two words :wink: and the last one rhymes with chit :wink: but I dont want to insult anyone !

Mr Router

Post by Mr Router » 31 October 08 3:24 pm

Marcus Vitruvius wrote:Well...if anyone wants to put a team together and have a crack at it....I'm up for the challenge..
lets nut out a date to do it :!:

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 31 October 08 3:48 pm

Marcus Vitruvius wrote:I would be interested in knowing how the Kiwi's went about their run. Getting to 196 would be like turning back 10m from the top of Mt. Everest...Heartbreaking.
They had time left over but ran out of prepared caches!
They'd allowed what seemed like plenty of 'spare' caches, but a combination of a few DNFs (only a very few!) and rather more attempts aborted due to muggle risks (they definitely didn't want to compromise any caches just to get their record) meant that the list ran out sometime after 2300 or so.

A few hasty pickups were made, but it's a lot harder to keep up the pace without the planned routes and prior checking of descriptions, etc. This was up near Elizabeth, and the low-hanging fruit had already been plucked, so we covered a few empty km and ended up in Silver Snitch's backyard.

So, the 200 would've been possible if they'd another 10 or 20 caches in their prepared list. I can tell you that nobody was looking sleepy in that last hour, as the adreneline kicked back in!

Mr Router

Post by Mr Router » 31 October 08 4:18 pm

Papa Bear_Left nobody has made response to a track log request :oops: It would not be cheating :shock: just setting a coarse :wink:

Papa Bear_Left

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 31 October 08 4:54 pm

Mr Router wrote:Papa Bear_Left nobody has made response to a track log request :oops: It would not be cheating :shock: just setting a coarse :wink:
Dream on! :twisted:

Bundyrumandcoke

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 31 October 08 5:03 pm

Have a look at the logs for the day- I haven't. If they have kept a running tally in the logs found for the day, theres your list of caches tackled, in order. A bit cumbersome maybe, but its a list.

I used this method to plan the Qld attempt back in Oct 06. Cheating - No, using all available resources - Yes.

Cheers
Bundy

Mr Router

Post by Mr Router » 31 October 08 5:23 pm

Papa Bear_Left wrote:
Mr Router wrote:Papa Bear_Left nobody has made response to a track log request :oops: It would not be cheating :shock: just setting a coarse :wink:
Dream on! :twisted:
An oldie but a goody "Dreams can come true"

Post by Guest » 31 October 08 5:28 pm

Mr Router wrote:An oldie but a goody "Dreams can come true"
God helps those who help themselves, and god help those who get caught helping themselves! ;)