It's all about the numbers.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Jardry
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found
Twitter: Jardry

Post by Jardry » 01 November 08 7:34 am

Mr Router wrote:Papa Bear_Left nobody has made response to a track log request :oops: It would not be cheating :shock: just setting a coarse :wink:
Once you have the tracklog, download a PQ of all metro Adelaide caches, import into GSAK, export caches into OziEXplorer, load the track log and you've got a cache raid run prepared!

Looks like, sounds like, what else would it be but cheating!!

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 01 November 08 12:28 pm

An out of date one though, as some caches will have been archived and others will have been placed.

Nibs
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Nibs » 01 November 08 7:20 pm

I have no real desire to get into the argument as it's something that I really couldn't care less about, but it is something that I have queried in my own mind a few times when others have mentioned it.<br><br>

For what it's worth, I agree with absolutely everything Mr Router has said. Even if you had someone with you who knew precisely where they are, I believe it's a physical impossibility to simply visit that many caches in a day, let alone locate and log.<br><br>

(pulls the 'eject' handle.) ... :twisted:

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 01 November 08 7:32 pm

Careful, Nibs and Router: that's quite a few people you're calling liars, including me.

The current record can be done, because it was done, and I was there when they did it. If you think it's impossible, then your thinking is wrong.

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 01 November 08 8:14 pm

Papa Bear_Left wrote:Careful, Nibs and Router: that's quite a few people you're calling liars, including me.
Neither have said anything of the sort :wink: My avatar says it all :roll:

traineediplomat

Post by traineediplomat » 01 November 08 10:38 pm

One time..........at band camp.........I found 25 in a day. That's my current record and that was from about 6:00am to about 6:45pm.

Though I do hope to crack 30 on Melbourne Cup day with aboreham, peita and bundyb if we can get him out!!

TeamAstro
5000 or more caches found

Post by TeamAstro » 01 November 08 10:45 pm

Freddo wrote:Wouldn't like to be standing between Router and Buzz Lightyear.
Well: check this out my friends:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=1PsOB3flufQ

clear skies, Astro. :shock:

GhostGums
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by GhostGums » 02 November 08 6:47 pm

Does anyone know what the world record is? :)

Bundyrumandcoke

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 02 November 08 6:56 pm

Yuck, dont go there Ghost Gums, ESPECIALLY on the american forums. You will get as many different answers as the answer is supposed to be, something around the 500 or so, some rediculous answer like that.

How is that possible, you ask.

Try something like 50 people in a bus or 2, giving themselves a team name for the attempt. Split up into pairs or 3's. Each pair or 3 has a GPS. Each pair or 3 is dropped off by the bus, with 50 lamp post or similar caches to grab in the next 4 hours, all within walking distance. The bus then drives away, and deposits another pair or 3 about 5 km away, and so on, and so on. By the end of dropping them all off, it goes and picks up the first group, and moves them to another spot. Because everyone is part of the one team, its totally legit, as the rules are flexible enough to allow it.

What are the rules for a record????? You tell me.

My best is 62 in a 20 hr period back in Oct 06. All 62 caches personally visited, and stamped and signed by me.

Cheers
Bundy

GhostGums
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by GhostGums » 02 November 08 7:12 pm

Cheers Bundy. I was just curious, thats all. I know not to ask now. :wink:

With my daily record of 12 I ain't going to be in the race to challenge these records :lol:

Big Matt and Shell
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 02 November 08 10:09 pm

After 90 in a day in Brisbane, I am in awe if any group or individual can get more than 100 in a day let alone 200! Our day started caching at 5am and finished at midnight. I don't know if we could have found many more than 100 in that day. <p>I have yet to cache SA though so it may be easier there....

Mr Router

Post by Mr Router » 03 November 08 5:58 am

big_matt wrote:I have yet to cache SA though so it may be easier there....
Nah, Have not been to Brissy but Adelaide is no push over :oops:

calumphing_four
1600 or more caches found
1600 or more caches found

Post by calumphing_four » 03 November 08 1:28 pm

Papa Bear_Left wrote:The current record can be done, because it was done, and I was there when they did it. If you think it's impossible, then your thinking is wrong.
200 would have to be getting easier in Adelaide with more caches available a year on from the Kiwi's attempt.
Plus throw in the mysteries the Kiwi's didn't solve, but drove past unknowingly, plus a handful of multi's that can be jetskied (from careful reading of the descriptions and logs) or extremely short and 250 should be the aim.
However, couldn't see it being done with less than a team of three (2 seekers and 1 driver).
Happy to help out if anyone wants to have a crack.

zorgon
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by zorgon » 05 November 08 11:59 am

Ten tips from one of those pesky Kiwi's who was on the Adelaide cache raid team :wink:

1. NINE months detailed planning
2. NINE months detailed planning
3. NINE months detailed planning
4. NINE months detailed planning
5. NINE months detailed planning
6. NINE months detailed planning
7. NINE months detailed planning
8. A top driver who sacrified the chance of logging close to 200 finds for the good of the team!!!
9. Teamwork
10. No fear of spiders

The "rules" we followed for our 24 hour day were obtained from the [url=http://wiki.geocaching.com.au/wiki/Caching_record]
Geocaching Australia wiki [/url]
Good luck

Papa Bear_Left

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 05 November 08 1:34 pm

zorgon wrote:1. NINE months detailed planning
I saw some of this on the special forum on the gps.org.nz site, and there was a LOT of it!
zorgon wrote:10. No fear of spiders
I gave them the usual "Take snakes and spiders seriously here; they can KILL YOU!" spiel and they all solemnly agreed.
Then went charging off into the long grass wearing sandals and shorts, before sticking their arms in to the shoulder in tree boles, having a fossick around for the cache!

Sigh.

Mind you, the rumble of a dozen cachers tumbling out of the van and racing towards GZ probably had any creepy-crawlies cowering in fear!